Not wanting to buy a deck... but...

Kangiska

Hello,

Sometimes I read that people do not want to buy this or that deck, because of different reasons. But does it happen to you, that after all, you end up buying such a deck?

I would like to share an anecdote with you, that happened to me.

Some time ago, I saw the Fey Tarot, I liked the drawings, but... as it was in german... I found the german name of this tarot quite horrible: Lucky fairy tarot. I thought the name to be not "serious" enough...

But about the same time, I was looking for a "Hermit"-card. Most of the Hermit-cards are too "calm" for me. I was looking for a card that had a certain "kick-in-the-a**"-aspect, that could show us, that before the hermit was so calm, he also had his skeletons in his closet.

Then I saw this hermit, a kind of gnome standing on the upper part of a cellar, the stairs were drawn Escher-like, and some beasts were seen on the stairs. The hermit was not happy at all, but that was exactly what I have been looking for: Here you could see the hermit before his work, it was like the card was saying: See, the hermit has to do his work too, now go and get your skeletons out of your closet... or get rid of your beasts in your cellar.

I laughed out loud, and wanted to know what tarot hat such a marvellous Hermit... and found the german name "lucky fairy tarot". Now I shook my head about myself, stood up, went to the shop next door, and bought that tarot - a move I am still happy about.

Did you have such experiences too with some sets?

Greetings

Kangiska

AJ

great story Kangiska, thanks for sharing. I gave my Fey to a member in Argentia but you are right, it is a great deck for seeing different ways of looking at things.

Welcome to AT!

Forensic

I rather did that with the UF... I was looking for my first deck and kept lingering over that one, but for some reason the Magician really bothered me, so I kept passing it by. I'd look at other decks and come back to the UF, and then continue on, over and over.

Eventually I decided on another deck (Mystic Faerie) and thought that would be 'the one' but on a whim I added the UF to my cart and hit order before I could change my mind.

Now I can't even imagine why the Magician bothered me, perhaps it was the scans or something strange, but I adore this deck very much... And the Mystic Faerie just didn't click. It's beautiful, but the UF is my deck. :)

Sulis

Forensic said:
I rather did that with the UF... I was looking for my first deck and kept lingering over that one, but for some reason the Magician really bothered me, so I kept passing it by. I'd look at other decks and come back to the UF, and then continue on, over and over.

Eventually I decided on another deck (Mystic Faerie) and thought that would be 'the one' but on a whim I added the UF to my cart and hit order before I could change my mind.

Now I can't even imagine why the Magician bothered me, perhaps it was the scans or something strange, but I adore this deck very much... And the Mystic Faerie just didn't click. It's beautiful, but the UF is my deck. :)

What does 'UF' mean?
It's useful if you actually write the name of the deck the first time you mention it. I for one have no clue which deck you're talking about.

Mariana

My guess is Universal Fantasy.

Willow Huntermoon

Sulis said:
What does 'UF' mean?
It's useful if you actually write the name of the deck the first time you mention it. I for one have no clue which deck you're talking about.

Thanks, Sulis I was just wondering the same thing UF?
;)

Willow Huntermoon

Ohhhhhh, Thanks

Forensic

Sulis said:
What does 'UF' mean?

Yeah, that's it.

Sorry, I actually had it in there and must have self-editted that part out. *blush*

JustLearningTarot

Universal Fantasy Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-fantasy/

It looks to be a very beautiful deck. So many to chose from, I want that one, the dragons one, and I just got the Mystic Faerie's one last night and love it. Anything "Middle Earth" type of symbolism or images I am drawn to so I like em all. :D