Tarot works in misterious ways...

moderndayruth

Oy, it all started tonight when i 'discovered' Universal Wirth - it's a featured deck of a week... As i am not familiar with it, i searched the forums here to see what you guys say about it... I found Umbrae's post on Wirth, understood that UW in his opinion is Wirth inspired deck, not the traditional deck; googled some scans of traditional Wirth deck, found respective correlations between the Hebrew Letters and Arcanum in French tradition, than found jmd's comparative study between Dodal and Cover dating back to year 2006... And, here i am, three hours later, with piles of Kabbalah books, Tarot books, decks, journals and pens laid all around, writing the notes, thinking, making comparisons and conclusions (that probably make sense only to me lol)...
So, what's the deeper meaning of posting this? There is none, actually, i just wanted to share with you how excited and happy i am because of my Tarot studies, not that they have some fixed long-term goal... they simply make me happy, i enjoy 'diving' in all of it's complexity and multilayered-ness... :)
Thanks for reading :heart:
Love and Light
mdr

tabi

so curiosity getting the better of me I had to go peak...WOW! It is probably one of the few in that style that I actually really like. Not sure if it is enough to covert me or not though.

moderndayruth

tabi said:
so curiosity getting the better of me I had to go peak...WOW! It is probably one of the few in that style that I actually really like. Not sure if it is enough to covert me or not though.
Lol, Tabi, i won't be the one to de-enable you as i am biting my fingers not to order it right now! :D
I realised that most of the traditional Wirth decks are OOP, so, i thought, why not, i mean, i can set aside the Minors and use the Majors only, right? ;)

tabi

moderndayruth said:
Lol, Tabi, i won't be the one to de-enable you as i am biting my fingers not to order it right now! :D
I realised that most of the traditional Wirth decks are OOP, so, i thought, why not, i mean, i can set aside the Minors and use the Majors only, right? ;)

I have a traditional TdM, that I rather don't like but my 11 year old does. I was sitting there staring at it going: How can you tell the Wands from the Swords? He chimes in with: It's easy and walks off...well that was helpful?!?!

SaintofScreams later mentioned that the Swords are curved looking more like a scimitar then a traditional Sword. So THOSE pips in the Wirth actually make sense to me. ;)

moderndayruth

tabi said:
I have a traditional TdM, that I rather don't like but my 11 year old does. I was sitting there staring at it going: How can you tell the Wands from the Swords? He chimes in with: It's easy and walks off...well that was helpful?!?!
Lol, this one is a killer - 'it's easy'... :D
I am a recent TdM convert, don't ask, i got Jean Noblet ( or he got me, it depends ;))... and that's how it all started... :D

Nydia

moderndayruth said:
i just wanted to share with you how excited and happy i am because of my Tarot studies, not that they have some fixed long-term goal... they simply make me happy
I agree with you! This tarot interest makes me happy, too.

The Universal Wirth is beautiful and I'm glad you discovered it. I don't use it for reading, but I like having it in my collection. I hope the artist, Stefano Palumbo, will make more tarot decks. He also made the Tarot of the Holy Grail.

moderndayruth

Nydia said:
I agree with you! This tarot interest makes me happy, too.

The Universal Wirth is beautiful and I'm glad you discovered it. I don't use it for reading, but I like having it in my collection. I hope the artist, Stefano Palumbo, will make more tarot decks. He also made the Tarot of the Holy Grail.

Nydia, thank you for sharing your opinion and insights! :heart:
I think we are doing here quite good job on enabling each other, both in terms of spurring interest in studies... as well as in bying decks lol ;)
I just checked Tarot of the Holy Grail and, while it's not really my kind of deck, i thought i could use it for readings for some of my Montenegrin-macho male friends (is 'macho male' a tautology? :confused:)... lol ;)