Have you felt like immersed in a Major by a movie?

Eowyn

Sometimes, movies are SO STRONG, so clear, so powerfull... that you can see a trump card there, behind the movie the whole time, beneath the colors, textures, the camera movements and music, the athmosphere and the story... at the end you just think about...

(Title of the movie, Card and reasons)

-"Atonement": The Judgement. The whole story is about understanding the consequences of your past actions. How they affected the people near you, your own path and destiny, and how you must learn to live with this.

This story is dramatic to the bone. But not all Judgements Moments have to be happy ending. Just a proper end to a big cicle in life, I think. The ultimate call... The need to understand the higher intention, if any.

-"La Vie En Rose": The Moon . Perhaps the moon dancing sometimes with the devil, but mostly The Moon in her full and wildest dream... the movie just take you through a rollercluster of emotions, where the artistic creativity must prevail over the exceses, torments, love and hate... the story is built upon small pieces of Edith Piaf's life, unorganized (only apparentely, because they dont follow a time sequence, only an emotional atemporal sequence) just like pieces of a dream, misterious, disorienting, like floods... obscure... whats real? whats a memory? ... And at the end, all the creativity and power of her life shines like the full moon, forever.

Have you seen a movie lately or do you remember one, wich you can tell the story is like a Major? I wonder if you can share some insights about this and have a nice thread about it. It can also open us to further understanding about the cards, in a different way.

Love...

Eo.

phoenixblu

Eowyn said:
Sometimes, movies are SO STRONG, so clear, so powerfull... that you can see a trump card there, behind the movie the whole time, beneath the colors, textures, the camera movements and music, the athmosphere and the story... at the end you just think about...

(Title of the movie, Card and reasons)

-"Atonement": The Judgement. The whole story is about understanding the consequences of your past actions. How they affected the people near you, your own path and destiny, and how you must learn to live with this.

This story is dramatic to the bone. But not all Judgements Moments have to be happy ending. Just a proper end to a big cicle in life, I think. The ultimate call... The need to understand the higher intention, if any.

i TOTALLY agree... this film is so sad and tearjerking and well the only judment was on herself which makes me think of "the moon" more... :)

Eowyn

phoenixblu said:
i TOTALLY agree... this film is so sad and tearjerking and well the only judment was on herself which makes me think of "the moon" more... :)

Oh! yeah I see... she had a wild imagination as a child, but as any child, and she kept a little to writte as an adult.

Still its like 2 movies in one. The war part, in France, all the wasteland (like a huge 5 of pentacles meeting the 10 of swords thing kinda Tower) made me cry so much.

Eowyn

I was looking at some Star cards of different decks, and I remembered another movie.

-"Lady in the Water": The Star.

Well, the water element, but also hope, omens, and believing. The healing of so many wounds. The Help from others. The Vision. The spiritual guidance or insight.

Hope and believing in your self and in the help from others, believing on your future. Just what happens to Story and the rest of the main characters...

Of course this movie has very clear characters that you can easily find some other Majors and courts, so very clearly... but the overall of the film looks like The Star to me IMHO.

Sorry if I bored you.... I just love cinema so much!

;) Love,

Eo.

SarahRose

OH I LOVE THIS!

Don't get me started, I'll end up taking all the movies I own!

That actually might be a good learning exercise, and I already have all 300 of my movies in a detailed Excel spreadsheet, lol

I think Titanic (my very favorite movie) is The Moon.

Eowyn

SarahRose said:
OH I LOVE THIS!

Don't get me started, I'll end up taking all the movies I own!

Please do. I was about to continue the thread, just talking to my self :p

SarahRose said:
That actually might be a good learning exercise, and I already have all 300 of my movies in a detailed Excel spreadsheet, lol

Oh... we dont have that much... but we rent a lot!

SarahRose said:
I think Titanic (my very favorite movie) is The Moon.

why? please tell :)

SarahRose

The Titanic was a dream, but she was also something that was raised above what she should have been. Hidden forces, illusions - I think it just really fits the Titanic story. I've heard The Moon interpreted as related to the entertainment industry itself, too!

Eowyn

SarahRose said:
The Titanic was a dream

Wow... good one Sarah Rose!

Suddenly I realized The Titanic ship her self is one more character... I agree with your match.

Today I was posting about "Pride and Prejudice". Did you see it (or read the novel)?

SarahRose

I've read the novel and seen the older film version, but don't remember much of either, save for the very basic plot outline.

Eowyn

I want to read the novel... I saw a version with Keira Knightly "and a bounch of people I've never hear'd of" (thats a quote from Ed Wood, sorry) and the man of my dreams!!! LOL (on this movie I mean...) This movie is from 2005.

Well... I was reading about The Lovers in the site. About some keywords: Choosing, Finding your soulmate, and Loving.

"Pride and Prejudice"(2005): The Lovers
This story is about how prejudice blinds our perception of real events, real actions and feelings of people and our pride keeps us from fixing it. Until things... ruled by water and its uncontrolable power finds a way... true Love. I was reading that The Lovers was a card originally called just LOVE, and that's what the story is really and ultimatly about.

Lizzy ans Mr. Darcy are soulmates. They go through lots of things, but at the end, they choose (him first) each other, and to love each other... to have each other... is the most romantic movie for me... it also shows the problems of unsufficient comunication, The Lovers are ruled by Gemini, so again there is a reminder...