PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Bowl Sound Healing

Horace
30-03-2008, 02:01
I searched the archives here and googled also to find more information on this technique. But I think I'll have better input here on the forum.:)

I signed up for next weekends' one hour session with Diane Mandle, certified Tibetan Bowl sound healer. The local yoga studio flyer said bring $25 and something comfortable to lie on. I like to use bells, and I'm looking forward to this. I just don't know what I'm 'looking forward to". LOL as it's only one session, I'd like to get as much out of it as I can. It's at 7pm, so I know I won't eat dinner first, but should I just fast for the day? Will I feel too energized to sleep later? or should I nap first so I won't fall asleep on the mat. lol I'm also tone deaf from childhood ear infections. How will I know what note it is? or does any of this even matter?:)

I've never heard these sounds before, and though I'm going with the expectation/hope of a head and heart healing, I'll be thrilled with just a 'vibrational tune-up.' So what will I feel afterwards? anything? It says it's used for stress, but I'm not really stressed about anything. and it's so little money...
Thanks in advance for answering these strange questions.:) Hh

AJ
30-03-2008, 02:10
http://www.crystalmusic.com/listen.html
you can listen to a few minutes of it here, it isn't something someone can describe :)

Horace
30-03-2008, 02:41
Thanks AJ.. Now I'll have to buy a CD as well. I'm sure there'll be one! LOL Hh

bershka
30-03-2008, 03:17
Dear AJ,

Thank you so much for sharing the link!!!

It feels really good to listen to the samples so I ordered the CD!

If you know other excellent crystal/relaxation music, please let me know :love:

HearthCricket
30-03-2008, 05:59
I think it would be very valuable for you to take the entire day, if possible, and turn it into a retreat mode. A day of healing. And let the singing bowl session be a part of that day. Be well rested, have things accomplished the day before so your mind is free and open, maybe do a tarot reading, or meditate on an oracle. Go to the Singing Bowl Therapy Session, come home and take a walk, or a long bath, with aroma therapy, and just soak it all in. Make the day sacred for yourself! :)

Master_Margarita
30-03-2008, 07:07
Not all singing bowls are crystal bowls. The Tibetan ones are sometimes metal.

I think this one (http://www.amazon.com/Singing-Bowls-Shangri-Thea-Surasu/dp/B00000DC1R/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206820811&sr=8-23) is the best of my singing bowl CDs. The bowls playing are metal.

Journey to Wholeness (http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Wholeness-Singing-Crystal-Healing/dp/B000066RG7/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1206821026&sr=8-4) is my favorite of my crystal bowls CDs.

At both of the urls above I think you can listen to sound samples. These CDs are far less overtly melodic than the (very lovely) sample that AJ linked you to. The seminar that you are going to is more likely to sound like the samples I have listed.

I wouldn't recommend fasting in advance. And being tone deaf won't matter.

Enjoy your experience.

:heart: M_M~

PS to Bershka: if you look at amazon.com for anything by Steve Halpern or Steve Roach or look for the keyword "ambient" you will find enough wonderful relaxation/meditation music to last a lifetime!! Also Jean Michele Jarre's Equinoxe.

bershka
30-03-2008, 07:30
PS to Bershka: if you look at amazon.com for anything by Steve Halpern or Steve Roach or look for the keyword "ambient" you will find enough wonderful relaxation/meditation music to last a lifetime!! Also Jean Michele Jarre's Equinoxe.

Thanks M_M!

I have JMJ's Equinoxe :)

I listen to many of Jonathan Goldman's CDs and my favorites are "Chakra Chants" and "The Lost Chord". To connect me to the sea and my connections to Atlantis, I listen to "Dolphin Dreams" His CD "Tibetan Chant Masters" has been nominated for Grammys but it's not my cup of tea ;)

Master_Margarita
30-03-2008, 07:36
Thanks M_M!

I have JMJ's Equinoxe :)

I listen to many of Jonathan Goldman's CDs and my favorites are "Chakra Chants" and "The Lost Chord". To connect me to the sea and my connections to Atlantis, I listen to "Dolphin Dreams" His CD "Tibetan Chant Masters" has been nominated for Grammys but it's not my cup of tea ;)

I have "Chakra Chants" too--at least I think I do; Goldman is almost as prolific as Halpern. :D

And then there's Brian Eno....

bershka
30-03-2008, 07:40
I have "Chakra Chants" too--at least I think I do; Goldman is almost as prolific as Halpern. :D

And then there's Brian Eno....

If Goldman is almost as prolific as Halpern, then I will definitely look into Halpern!! Which CDs of Halpern are your favorites? There are so many of them lol

Master_Margarita
30-03-2008, 07:55
If Goldman is almost as prolific as Halpern, then I will definitely look into Halpern!! Which CDs of Halpern are your favorites? There are so many of them lol

Oh, it would be hard to pick, but "Tonal Alchemy" has chants and a lot of crystal and metal singing bowls (to avoid wandering too far from this thread topic) and "Inner Peace" is extremely soothing.

zoecheung
31-03-2008, 00:03
although it is not crystal bowl, but the himalaya bowl is made from seven metal, you can also try Hans de Back

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=0E6Fq1ug7gQ

esp. his CD "Chakra Delight"

it goes through the seven chakra.

Horace
31-03-2008, 00:51
Wow! You guys gave me so much to listen to! and now I know a lot more about the bowls. It seems she uses mostly the Tibetan ones. She's certified in those and some kind of gongs also.(who certifies that, anyway?)

I don't care anymore, I'm going for the experience now, not expecting anything and yet empowered by knowledge.:)

HearthCricket, thanks, that IS what I'll do! The yoga studio sits at the Lake, so I'll walk down early, take a snack, and watch the sunset. put myself in the right mood before I even get there. :)

Thanks everybody for your input. I'll let you know what all I bought. LOL Hh

silverwings94
03-04-2008, 05:04
My favorite CD is "Crystal Bowl Healing" by Steven Halpern. Once a month one of our metaphysical shoppe called Psychic Thymes has a crystal bowl meditation once a month. Also at Rochester pagan Pride last year they had 17 crystal singing bowls going all at onece for a beautiful outside meditation. It was totaly awesome , you could hear them alll through the park.The energy that was sent out from them was totally amazing. I can't wait till this fall when they will be doing it again.

Briar Rose
03-04-2008, 10:17
I find that the best place for me to buy singing bowls is from:

http://www.apollosaxes.com/