My baby sister, the fledgling Tarot reader!

the_surfacer

Apparently Little Sister (age 13) has gotten tired of phoning me up for readings, and decided to get her own deck and learn for herself. After an exhaustive lecture from our mother about "entertainment purposes only blah blah", she went to Borders and came home with the Gilded Tarot and Josephine Ellershaw's Easy Tarot Handbook set.

I asked her why she picked the Gilded, and she said, "It was the deck that made me go, 'Oooh!'"

She's already writing down her impressions of all the cards. I am ridiculously proud of her.

thorhammer

Good for her, and good for you! And from all I hear, a great deck choice for a beginner!

\m/ Kat

Michelle

That's wonderful :). Congrats to your little sister! May she enjoy her Tarot journey as much as we do here at AT.

afrosaxon

Train a child up in the way they should go...;)

Good for her!

And good choice of deck. ;)

T.

floracove

Way Cool!!!

Oooooh, the deck, that makes you go, Oooooh!! is always a good deck!
That is cool surfacer, I can feel your pride and the grin on your face.
Now, you have a study partner or she has a mentor.
;)

Mellifluous

Awesome. :)

NightQueen

how wonderful, and what a coincidence! my younger sister who is 16 also wanted to learn tarot and asked if I would teach her, she too chose the gilded for her first deck, but then she was after the universal goddess tarot which lovely peace-pixie gifted to her and shes doing really well with them, a lot more challenging than the gilded tarot

Aulruna

How great!!

I would have loved to see mine do that. However, nobody in my family including all 5 siblings ever showed any inclination to read.

My little goddaughter was very interested for a while, she got astonishing things out of the International Icon at age 4. But now she lives in Australia and I know her Mum doesn't practise with her...

So, you've got every reason to be proud :D

memries

Hello the_surfacer..that sounds like a lot of fun for her and for you as time goes by. Next question, when is she joining AT ? Lots of young people here although maybe she will wait a bit.

My Granddaughter at 12 is pretty computer savvy for her age but of course well supervised and in fact she and her little sister have a new laptop.
They were always borrowing mine but I was near them and they know the rules. Lots of fun kids games for them.

Baroli

Great Stuff!! Sounds like what is going on with my neice, who is in her teens.

Good deal big sis!!