"Tarot Day" Vote #2 :: The Run-Off

Vote for Your "Tarot Day" Run-Off Choice

• February 10: 1st time tarot is mentioned in history w/ optional "Tarot Week" ending on PCS' b-day

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • July 22: Feast Day of the Magdalene, Patron St. of Gypsy Fortune-Tellers

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • May 25: "World Tarot Day", Feast of the Black Madonna, Patron St. of the Gypsies

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firecatpickles

Although the option for the Tarot Week in this poll (click me) was something of a spoiler in the last election, to keep things fair we should have a run-off.

I have combined the February 10th option with an "optional" celebratory Tarot Week to end on PCS' birthday.

The other two that received the most votes totaling 13 (great number!) were July 22, the Feast of the Magdalene, Patron Saint of Gypsy Fortune Tellers, and May 25, 'World Tarot Day', which coincides with the "Feast of the Black Madonna, Patron Saint of the Gypsies". The latter had already been decided by unknown persons, and no "real" reason for this date has as of yet been reported in either of these two Threads:

Tarot Day Vote
Tarot Day?

Please read the above Links to help you make an informed decision.

It has not been decided or discussed exactly how we will go about celebrating Tarot Day (or "Week", if indeed chosen), so perhaps we could do that here.

The poll closes in eight days.

The crowned one

I choose the Feb week, not the day for the record ;)

Knight of Wands

I chose the February one! :D

We should send each other cards and presents for Tarot-day :) And OBVIOUSLY do a special reading that day.

firecatpickles

I voted for the February one, although it was me [sic] who suggested the July 22 date lol.

And for the record, I voted for the day, not the week. ;)

la-luna

I have chosen the 22 of July
as a bonus almost one month after my birthday buth beside that no "special" day near it so a perfect date to celebrate outdoors in communion with nature (as in the romantic view of the gypsies)

missycab

July 22!!!!!

Ross G Caldwell

I chose the February 10-16 "Tarot Week." I don't like the month of February, except for Valentine's Day, and since that is included in the "week", it *really* gives me something to look forward to in this normally dreary month (I realize our southern Hemisphere members will not have the same experience of February).

Ross

HearthCricket

I vote still for July 22nd. I like the idea of it being in the middle of summer when I can commune with nature rather that freeze my, ahem, off. That way I don't have to wait almost a year before celebrating!

The crowned one

HearthCricket said:
I vote still for July 22nd. I like the idea of it being in the middle of summer when I can commune with nature rather that freeze my, ahem, off. That way I don't have to wait almost a year before celebrating!

Nature needs you just as bad if not more so in the winter ;) change your vote :D

HearthCricket

The crowned one said:
Nature needs you just as bad if not more so in the winter ;) change your vote :D

lol I can't. I am not fond of hot and humid summers and July is when I spend a great deal of time studying and reading decks when the weather gets extreme. And February is also flu season around here. I rarely am sick in July! I would not want to miss this! Though I would not mind a full week in July starting or ending with the 22nd. But it was not an option. :D