Damaged card

hari

Ok i have a question

Does a damaged card affect your reading in any way?

cause i did a reading asking if there was a presence in the house of a friend. Then after the reading i noticed while scanning my cards that the queen of swords had something like a blood stain. It was fine when i last checked.

Alta

To me that is two questions, in a way.

For me the original question, Does a damaged card affect your reading in any way?, is answered by: 'possibly'. If it is just a mark on the card and doesn't affect the cardstock, likely not unless the damage annoys you and interrupts your flow of impressions. If it is the cardstock it may affect where you cut the cards and the shuffling so it could actually physically affect the card order. Also if you lay the cards face down, damaged cardstock may alert you to that card and affect the reading flow.

Your second comment is about a stain that you noticed after you did the reading. Again, possibly. Clearly you were startled enough to ask the question, and hence felt it could be significant. Perhaps just spend some time with something that seems to accentuate the card within the reading. If not, then it could have been a random accident that you just noticed then.

Marion

53rdspirit

Greetings.

I have been an antique (books, furniture, what-have-you) collector for many, many years and most of my possessions have some "wear," which I fully expect and am actually surprised (and sometimes suspect) when items are in good shape after over a hundred or more years of use. Imperfections, in my opinion, impart character and history.

On the other hand, if the damage will only cause further damage...for instance as in some cards I recently purchased where shuffling will only chip or tear the cards more, then, yes, I would be worrying about and thinking I may be harming the cards further as I shuffle, therefore, not concentrating on the question and as I read the cards, if I saw a new chip or longer tear, I would be thinking of that instead of the reading.

So, no and yes...it depends...but, blood on the Queen of Swords, well, hey...cool. As I "take in" all symbolism of the cards, I would always consider that spot of blood in the reading and it would become a part of the "picture" or special meaning to me of the card.

Regards,
53rdspirit