Off to Spain :)

ilweran

I'm off to Mallorca on Saturday and wondered if anyone knows anything about buying tarot decks in Spain?

Le Fanu

I came across an absolutely fantastic shop in Barcelona, but maybe you´re not going to go there. It is a very traditional games shop which sells chessboards etc, and next door is a kind of subdivision which sells just playing cards and they have an amazing selection of tarot cards. Some which you don´t really see much now, OOP ones etc. I came across it quite by chance and just went crazy. I allowed myself to buy just one deck (I really hadnt planned to come across tarot cards when I went..), and then spent the rest of my days in Barcelona planning (pining...) to go back. I was accompanied and so we had other things to see, and besides, I didnt want to blow the whole of my holiday budget on tarot cards, but it was tempting. I can find the address for this place if you want (by the way, they don´t sell online)...

Aulruna

Mallorca is so beautiful! I'm envious!!!!

Spain is generally great for deck buying. There are Spanish ones that are difficult to find elsewhere, and they usually carry the French publishers too, like Grimaud or Fournier.

In Palma, try this one:
http://personales.ya.com/elmago/

A bit smaller, but still nice:
http://www.embrujotiendamagica.com/

It's two years since I was there, but especially El Mago had a decent stock.

Have a nice trip!

ilweran

A work colleague has requested that I get him a deck of Spanish playing cards, so I can even pretend I'm looking for someone else!

olivia

Le Fanu said:
I came across an absolutely fantastic shop in Barcelona, but maybe you´re not going to go there. It is a very traditional games shop which sells chessboards etc, and next door is a kind of subdivision which sells just playing cards and they have an amazing selection of tarot cards. Some which you don´t really see much now, OOP ones etc. I came across it quite by chance and just went crazy. I allowed myself to buy just one deck (I really hadnt planned to come across tarot cards when I went..), and then spent the rest of my days in Barcelona planning (pining...) to go back. I was accompanied and so we had other things to see, and besides, I didnt want to blow the whole of my holiday budget on tarot cards, but it was tempting. I can find the address for this place if you want (by the way, they don´t sell online)...

WHERE?????????????????????

Le Fanu

It´s called Jocs mallart and is on Jaumie I at number 17.... Im sure you know the street, it´s off the Via Laietana (metro stop; Pl de L`Angel). Tel; 93 315 1055.

Great shop. Hope to go back there this summer...

blackroseivy

Hey, I'm wondering if they do tours at the Dal Negro factory like they do the Guiness one in Dublin? :D If they DO - do take it & DO tell, that would be muy coolio!! :p hehe

olivia

Le Fanu said:
It´s called Jocs mallart and is on Jaumie I at number 17.... Im sure you know the street, it´s off the Via Laietana (metro stop; Pl de L`Angel). Tel; 93 315 1055.

Great shop. Hope to go back there this summer...
Thank you very much Le Fanu, I didn't know this shop!

Le Fanu

I found it quite by chance, I mean I was just walking down the street in "tourist mode" and suddenly saw this shop window FULL of different decks and started hyperventilating!

They had lots of decks and I didnt buy anything out of the ordinary from there. Just the Antiguo Lombardy. Not rare or anything, but one Id been looking for...

I see you also have a Santa Milagrosa shop. I don´t know this one, but I went into their site this morning and saw that they have a shop in Barcelona, but I didn´t make a note of the address....