PDA

View Full Version : I LOVEEEE Amber!!!

Pao
12-04-2008, 10:30
Amber is my favorite ever ever ever!!! I dont know why its jut this strong impulse that I love it so much and have such a pull towards anything amber. but I'm so dumb I keep buying presents for people (mainly my mom) of amber jewelry instead of asking what stone they like but I cant help it! :(

Here is what I bought my mom for her birthday she has a special conection with butterflies :)

angelegg
12-04-2008, 11:05

Pao
12-04-2008, 11:09
thanx! yea I dont wear jewelry myself unless its antique looking and who can afford that! lol but she loves butterflies and I love amber...which who cares but I cant help myself!!! :D

aaquwaa
13-04-2008, 02:01
Hi there,
Gorgeous necklace. Just thought you might be curious, I saw a special on tv not too long ago about a room in Russia carved completely out of amber. Not sure if I remember the story right but seems like it was taken apart and hid somewhere during the world war. They are still looking for it. But they are in the process of recreating an exact replica of the room made completely out of amber. Anyway sorry don't remember the name but you might google Amber Room and it might come up. It is so beautiful and so ornate. :) I like amber too,
aaquwaa

Alta
13-04-2008, 09:32
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Room

Here it is... amazing!

Pao
15-04-2008, 00:57
oh my goodness!! that IS amazing!

Margo
18-04-2008, 06:03
I love Amber too, and I'm lucky enough that I found a piece of natural Amber in my garden, soon after I had moved in my new house while digging my garden over. I have kept it with me and carry it with me often.

I loved that link of the Amber room, it's stunning.

memries
19-04-2008, 01:28
This is not the Amber room but the pieces of Amber that I have and wear. I like them very much. The necklace my daughter gave to me when I was her Matron of Honor ! It is mounted in Pewter and the beads one of my sons gave to me as a gift. They always make me feel good when I am wearing them.

Elven
19-04-2008, 01:50
Hi Pao!
Amber is a beautifu gift. I think most people appreciate the significance of it, and how special it is.
I cant see your necklace link though - did you take it off?

Your necklaces are beautiful mems!! I really like amber, but have never seen a piece which says 'mine' yet, though I still look for it!

The Amber Room must have been utterly amazing to be in! WOW!! I cant imagine that being built now, but I do hope they have found it - what a treasure!!

Cheers
Elven x

morticia monroe
19-04-2008, 02:11
Memries, that pewter piece is BEAUTIFUL!

morticia monroe
19-04-2008, 03:15
My mother gave me these, They had been my Grandma's, she said. The smaller ring is a cheapie I picked up a year ago.

http://groups.msn.com/aeclecticstuff/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=62

http://groups.msn.com/aeclecticstuff/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=63

Vladaria
19-04-2008, 03:45
I normally get some gorgeous amber pieces in for Christmas,
one of our customers is a fabulous actress and she had her
picture in Hello magazine wearing one of our necklaces....
She was lovely enough to bring me a copy :D
Sometimes the pieces are soooo gorgeous I *have* to keep them!! }) :love:
Vlad x

morticia monroe
19-04-2008, 03:50
I normally get some gorgeous amber pieces in for Christmas,
one of our customers is a fabulous actress and she had her
picture in Hello magazine wearing one of our necklaces....
She was lovely enough to bring me a copy :D
Sometimes the pieces are soooo gorgeous I *have* to keep them!! }) :love:
Vlad x

I hear you...I'd probably never make it home with a paycheck if I were in your shoes. :)

inanna_tarot
19-04-2008, 04:25
My bf bought me an amazing amber pendant for my last birthday. Its in a leaf shape, half of the leaf is filled with amber, and the other half is empty and it just looks so fab :D

memries
19-04-2008, 05:19
It is a very interesting visual piece inanna.. you must love wearing it and you can wear it every day if you want to.

Morticia, the pieces you have are spectacular. The color is so deep. I think that is Scandinavian as I know their Amber is darker than in some other areas of the world. I do know that amber from different parts of the world are different colors. It is the resin from the trees that has become fossilized.
I would surmise depending on the tree and location that would be the color of Amber that would result.

morticia monroe
19-04-2008, 07:27
Wow, Memries, thank you so much for that information. I really don't know anything at all about amber. The ring has a maker's mark on the back, but I looked online and couldn't find anything. I didn't know amber could be identified by region. That's really interesting.

memries
19-04-2008, 12:53
I only know from looking high and low and trying to identify a necklace of Amber my Mother had that was bought in Amsterdam in the 1920's. It is truly the most beautiful thing you ever saw.. very lustrous and deep in color. I do not have it my daughter has it now.

I finally saw a similar piece when I was in Australia and went into the shop and had a discussion about it with them and found out what I do know. At the time the price was well over $1000 in Australian money. I had heard it can be quite expensive but always thought it was the specimens with insects in them. I don't want one of those.. not my cup of tea. It would be a good thing to look for in garage sales as well for people do not realize sometimes what they get rid of although I would feel so guilty would probably tell !!!

When I go to Welland the next time to see my son I will take a picture of the little tree I bought him with amber leaves. It is so pretty.