Generic Granite & Generic Marble, Limestone, Lava Rock, and an issue or two...

StellarMyst

Hello all,

Does anyone know if Limestone or Lava Rock (such as found in*Rock Yards*) have healing properties or any other such useful role than just laying around in the dirt?

I have another question: What exactly is Generic Granite, and Generic Marble, and do either of these possess the stuff I mentioned above for Limestone & Lava Rock?

Thanks in advance! :D

Blessings,

StellarMyst

StellarMyst

Oh! I forgot to ask! Can these be engraved with dremel tools? Like a smoothe several of these made into runes?

Can this be done at home?

Thanks in advance! :D

Blessings,

StellarMyst

Gooneybird

No one has responded yet so I guess I'll take a stab at it. Keep in mind though that I am a rock nerd, not a healing crystal nerd. ;)

I haven't heard much about using rocks in crystal healing, but since rocks are composed of mineral crystals, albeit much smaller grains than the usual big crystal specimens, its logical to wonder if they have some share in specific metaphysical properties attributed to the larger mineral crystals. Very often they have just one or several major minerals and one or more trace minerals or metals, which, again, may or may not affect the metaphysical properties. It can't hurt to experiment. At the very least you'll have some nice specimens to look at next to the crystals!

In general, limestone and marble mainly contain calcite, granite generally has an abundance of quartz and feldspar, and 'lava rock' is dependent upon how it formed and is often made of whatever melted rocks and material were in the vicinity (so if you're hoping for special lava rock properties, it may depend on where and what it came from).

The limestone and pumice/obsidian (if that's what you mean by lava rock) are probably engraveable by dremel, but the granite/marble may be tougher. A diamond grit tip or more heavy duty tool may be needed. If you try it on the harder stuff, keep the rock and tool grinding edge wet as you carve to cut down on dust and possible hot-'nuff-to-melt-the-tool heat. (And put the rocks in a heavy clamp so they don't fly into stuff!)

"Generic" may be a way of saying the origin and specific mineral composition of the rock is unlisted (i.e. it's not some granite from one specific and well-known quarry sought out for its especially hard nature created by some rare trace minerals found only in the region).

StellarMyst

Hey there Gooneybird! :D

Thank you sooooooooooooo so so much for the reply! I didn't end up getting the Lava rock, also I already had the limestone, but I did get 10 lbs of Marble *chips.* They're covered with a fine white dust! What do I clean them with? I guess I'm afraid of ending-up with oxidation issues...? I also bought 7 lbs of tiny Black-Grey-&-White Granite chips. As for their size? If you were to place one chip on top of ...let's say a US Nickle, it might or might not touch the edges of the coin.The Marble is about 1 inch deep, by about 1.5 inches wide, by 2, 2.5, or 3 inches long in range of length.

About how to clean this dust from them: Could I soak them in either White Distilled Vinegar for a day or two, or do I just spread them out on a board in the yard and run-over 'em with the hose? I'm afraid to wash the dust down the sink drain via chips in the collander, so I had to ask about these other two optons. ;)

Thanks in advance for further info! :D

Blessings, Love & Light,

StellarMyst

Oh! Forgot to mention, my reply back was late, because I was having computer issues and had to send it back with my bf! ;) :D

Blessings,

StellarMyst

sleepingcat

Oh no! Dont put the marble in vineagar!!

Marble is basic and the acidic vinegar will eat it away. for our planters we just put it in a bucket or spread it out on a tarp and rise it the way you'd rinse rice or vegetables. Just plain water will do.

Also, while people say limestone has no inherit healing properities, the fossils can be very powerful.... and Personally, I just like it for grounding. It's the bedrock I'm sitting ontop of, so it's litterally close to home.

StellarMyst

sleepingcat said:
Oh no! Dont put the marble in vineagar!!

Marble is basic and the acidic vinegar will eat it away. for our planters we just put it in a bucket or spread it out on a tarp and rise it the way you'd rinse rice or vegetables. Just plain water will do.

Also, while people say limestone has no inherit healing properities, the fossils can be very powerful.... and Personally, I just like it for grounding. It's the bedrock I'm sitting ontop of, so it's litterally close to home.

Hi sleepingcat, :D

Thank you for the reply! I'll just rinse them in straight whiskey then ... LOL KIDDING! :D I really did mean water, I swear! ;) :D I will certainly soak and rinse them all in separate buckets of water.

Do you know any other properties of Limestone? If so, could you PM me with an internet link, or PM the information to me?

Love, Light, & Blessings,

StellarMyst

53rdspirit

For what it is worth, just something I saw the other night on television. On a series called the Ghost Hunters, one of the lead investigators stated that the hotel they were investigating (which was apparently haunted) was built on granite and that it is theorized that granite, quartz and limestone fuel paranormal activity.

Regards,
53rdspirit