Is it possible not to be able to read

SpiritOfTheDogz

It's only happened a handful of times out of around 60 or 70 readings I have done, but there are times when no matter how I interprate/view the cards I can't make anything fit together. About a dozen or so cards that all seem to be individual and don't go with any other cards at the time of the reading.

Could it be down to me not really been in the mood?

Could be down to my inexperience as a reader?

Does it just happen anyway, even to the best?

Paul

rcb30872

We all have our off moments. And not necessarily just in reading tarot. For instance I used to be a phlebotomist when I worked, some days you would have no trouble at all, and other days you have the suckiest days imaginable. Mum was telling me the other day, she plays croquet, it doesn't matter how experienced you are at playing croquet, you still have your off days. I am like that sometimes, like I just look at one particular card, or maybe the whole lot, and I have no idea how I can relate to it to the question, or the card position. When I get stuck, I usually come here, do a search, and read a few threads about that particular card, and that helps. It happens, don't be so down about it, it's just one of those things!

SpiritOfTheDogz

Could I have simply put the cards back together, re-shuffle and try again or would this then not give the cards that were intended?

Paul

rcb30872

Usually the first cards you get are the intended cards. I tend to agree with angelegg, that if you have another deck, try another deck.

SpiritOfTheDogz

rcb30872 said:
Usually the first cards you get are the intended cards. I tend to agree with angelegg, that if you have another deck, try another deck.

That's why I thought about a re-shuffle...wouldn't getting a new deck and shuffling them be the same as re-shuffling the originals?

rcb30872

I don't know. Well, I did that in one of my exchanges, I used one deck, looked at the cards, couldn't make heads and tails of any of them, used another deck, the same, and then I went back to my favourite deck, which I should have used in the first place.

I guess you can use the same deck, and just do a re-shuffle, I have done that once or twice }). Depends, though, if it is a reading for yourself, I would stick with the original cards, but if you are doing it for someone else, I guess it would be alright :?:

SpiritOfTheDogz

Could it be possible that it isn't either you or the cards that has the blockage but the person being read for. Could it be that the cards cam out in the way they did because the person being read for is having a lot of indidual issues, too many for the cards to pinpoint just one or two?

Paul

rcb30872

SpiritOfTheDogz said:
Could it be possible that it isn't either you or the cards that has the blockage but the person being read for. Could it be that the cards cam out in the way they did because the person being read for is having a lot of indidual issues, too many for the cards to pinpoint just one or two?

Paul
Very possible. Some people are extremely easy to read for, while others are near impossible to read for. I've had one or two on here, one of them knows who they are, as I have told them that they are hard to read for :laugh: