Tarot Card Readings Online??

Greek_Nebula

Hi All, I guess Im a Newbie at this stuff, I do own my own Tarot to Go Deck I got from Borders, but sometimes I do them online at this website white2000 dot com \ tarot, and they have a 7 card relationship spread. Amazingly when I do them there, they are usually accurate.. Are online tarot reads the same as doing them physically??? Just Curious.
Thanks,
Nebs

rabidwolfie

I've never had luck with them, personally. It's mostly computer generated so the cards appear at random, just like a regular tarot reader, but they usually give you a list of words that apply to that card leaving you to fend for yourself. The human element is missing which, to me, makes it feel empty & at best, a plaything to aleviate boredom.
Just my view.

shadowdancer

I agree with rabidwolfie. The computer / random generated ones seem to have standard interpretations which do not take into account the situation etc.

They are interesting enough to whittle away a few mins, and it is a way of seeing some cards from a deck you might be interested in.

I am sure others though do find them to be useful. I guess I am not much of a techno person really. Heck, I never use a mobile phone, walkman or anything like that!

Davina

sleepingcat

I usually just use the random card generator part- though Tarot.com is a wonderful way to study the cards, it provides a ton of information about the card and how to link it to it's position.

I usally leave the interpertation to myself though.

zannamarie

If we feel the Universe has messages for us, in cloud formations or a passing song on the radio, for example, then it would seem there is something in the messages from a computer generated program.

I think we have to be open to seeing the message. I instantly dismissed a message from one such program yesterday, yet when I thought a little about it, it made perfect sense.

I think we sometimes have to look beyond the obvious and do like sleepingcat says and inerpret it ourselves.

MeeWah

zannamarie said:
If we feel the Universe has messages for us, in cloud formations or a passing song on the radio, for example, then it would seem there is something in the messages from a computer generated program.

I think we have to be open to seeing the message. I instantly dismissed a message from one such program yesterday, yet when I thought a little about it, it made perfect sense.

I think we sometimes have to look beyond the obvious and do like sleepingcat says and inerpret it ourselves.

Zannamarie beat me to it :)

The few occasions I tried computer-generated readings including using the I Ching, they were eerily accurate.

In some instances with the Tarot readings, I interpreted them myself first before checking the computer text.

Demon Goddess

Any computer can be programmed to give the book meanings of the cards.

And of course the muse that controls the cards whether it be the gremlin in the machine or a spirit guide that holds your hand while you shuffle... the results of the cards can easily come out the same no matter who the reader is.

The human difference kicks in when you stop looking at the book meanings and what the cards are supposed to mean, other than in generalities and look to the images on the cards to find out what the specifics are that the muse means for you to see.

It is, in my never humble opinion, the intuitive reading that makes the difference between an adequate reading and perfect accuracy.

JMT.