Strange reading from a storefront reader.

lilacwino

Hello all. Recently, I visited one of those storefront "neon sign" psychics. She did a Tarot reading for me. While I'm learning more and more about the cards, this was the Thoth deck, and I'm unfamiliar with it. Basically, she told me my husband is unbalanced and I'm going to meet someone else. While my husband has had a rough year, and therefore our marriage has, too, I am deeply committed to him. We've been married nine years and have a child. I asked her if she was sure the man she kept pointing to (The Emperor) couldn't be my husband. She kept saying no, and pointing to the Hanged Man and saying my husband is unbalanced and someone else would come along and it would be my choice. I asked her if she saw a new baby for us, as we would like to try again soon, and she said no. I'm a little down about this reading, even though it doesn't ring true for me. Thoughts? Thanks!

GenoviaJ

I cant say that the future is set in stone. I would have asked for suggestion as to how to work with this imbalance. Ughhh....maybe that is the question she will answer on your second visit? *hint*

lilacwino said:
Hello all. Recently, I visited one of those storefront "neon sign" psychics. She did a Tarot reading for me. While I'm learning more and more about the cards, this was the Thoth deck, and I'm unfamiliar with it. Basically, she told me my husband is unbalanced and I'm going to meet someone else. While my husband has had a rough year, and therefore our marriage has, too, I am deeply committed to him. We've been married nine years and have a child. I asked her if she was sure the man she kept pointing to (The Emperor) couldn't be my husband. She kept saying no, and pointing to the Hanged Man and saying my husband is unbalanced and someone else would come along and it would be my choice. I asked her if she saw a new baby for us, as we would like to try again soon, and she said no. I'm a little down about this reading, even though it doesn't ring true for me. Thoughts? Thanks!

Myrrha

It just seems bizarre that she would try to make your choice for you. If I saw a seriously unbalanced husband and another man in the offing I would say something like "You might feel tempted to leave your husband" or "you will have to make a choice about whether to stay or go" but I can't imagine ever making that choice for someone, not my job as a tarot reader! I don't think I would even try to predict what choice someone will make about something like that because it kind of defeats the purpose of tarot.

It has just dawned on me recently though that there are people who enjoy getting readings for entertainment and do not take them seriously. Possibly someone like that would enjoy such a reading.

--Myrrha

Demon Goddess

lilacwino said:

She gave you the hanged man to say that your husband was unbalanced?

I hope you feel ripped off. Oh... oopsie, did I say that out loud. :bugeyed: :D

Promise

Sadly enough, many of those "neon light" card readers are all about big money for little to no effort.

Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me, but that's a decision that only you can make. You have to decide for yourself whether you want to trust your own instincts and your own relationships, or let this person dictate them for you.

Honestly, if it doesn't ring true for you or doesn't "feel" like it meshes, I would just forget it and move on.

Alta

Promise said:
Honestly, if it doesn't ring true for you or doesn't "feel" like it meshes, I would just forget it and move on.
Absolutely. In the end, the querent gets to decide. Nobody runs your life but you.

moderndayruth

(((lilacwino )))
I wouldn't pay attention to that reading at all, i mean, there is no way that HM could stand for your hubby, so don't bother ;)
Hanged Man is an archetype, a Major Arcanum and it has nothing to do with what she told you - it could be about transformation, gaining wisdom, some postponment maybe - but in no traditional/non-traditional interpretation it could mean what this fraud told you.
As per that, the Emperor maybe was standidng there for more structure and discipline that - if introduced -might be beneficial in some area of your life .
If you could remmber the other cards - maybe we could try to to 'recover' the reading, or , and i think it's far better - do a reading yourself, post it here and we'll help with interpretations :)

willowfox

I wouldn't say your husband is unbalanced because he is represented by the Hanged Man, more a man who has been forced to make sacrifices this past year and is now contemplating what the future holds for the both of you. He is probably still thinking how to get a handle on the situation but I'm sure it won't affect his libido unless there is a financial consideration to be taken into account.

As for Emperor, he seems to stern to make a decent husband for you, so could be a banker or boss, perhaps someone's father coming into your lives, even a doctor.

Probably not so much a case of being ripped off, more a case of the "neon light bulb" not reading what she is seeing correctly.

memries

From a common sense point of view, I would not pay attention to her reading at all. She upset you, right ? This is not the purpose of Tarot.
If you want a reading there are many people on here who would give you one including me. The way we do it is, do a reading for yourself, post the reading and everyone will help you interpret the cards. It works really well.

I can tell you one thing for sure from what you wrote and that is that the reader had no compassion or caring to upset a young Mother with a husband that had, had a hard year. She sounds bloody mean to me and that is not a psychic statement either. We all have hard years from time to time it is part of life. We go forward, doing our best and we sort it out that is all.

scorpio-eagle43

All good advice above as usual

Anyone who gives a reading should always try to find positive things to say even if times are hard. anyone who leaves you feeling upset and down is not a good reader or a very nice person
As others have said feel free to do a reading yourself and post on here

blessings to you x