PDA

View Full Version : Calling stones into creativity

HearthCricket
17-04-2008, 23:11
So, there I was, looking up information on putting a labyrinth in my backyard, staring at my Venus statue, and thinking about my polished stones and suddenly, the creativity kicked in. And what a meditative project it was! I also have crystals or other stones I could put in the center, but Venus wanted in. Thus, the Goddess Labyrinth is now in my family room!

Alta
17-04-2008, 23:56
HC, that is amazing. It is yours, and as you like, but really suggest that you try it with a plain base. To me the lace distracts and draws away the power of it.

xx Alta

HearthCricket
18-04-2008, 00:01
HC, that is amazing. It is yours, and as you like, but really suggest that you try it with a plain base. To me the lace distracts and draws away the power of it.

xx Alta

The lace was there, so I used it. Right now I haven't any plain cloth that would cover the entire table and not even sure what colour to pick, anyhow. I don't want to put the stones right on the wood and scratch it up. It was fun to do, and I am happy with it, considering it was a first attempt.

Elven
18-04-2008, 00:04
WoW! How wonderfully creative you are! And your labrynth is 'Goddess Divine' :D

and .. no offense to Alta here ;) ... but I like your cloth - it reminds me of an intricate spiders web - the weaver - the catcher - the feminine.

OK, Im bias :P ... I have a few of those cloths m'self too :laugh:

Lovely work, with or without the cloth :)

Cheers
Elven x

HearthCricket
18-04-2008, 00:08
Thank you, Elven! :) I am a lover of lace and it is all over the house. It fit well. Considering I am using a wide variety of coloured stones, I have no idea what colour cloth I would use that would not conflict with the colours of the stones or wash them out. Yes, the wood would look excellent, but the rocks would be scratching and spinning on them. The lace anchors them, as it is textured.

I am happy with it. :D

memries
18-04-2008, 00:17
That is really pretty Hearthcricket..I was having fun walking with my mind your Labyrinth. I kind of like the Spider's web idea as well.

Alta
18-04-2008, 00:23
I am happy with it. :DAnd that is good enough for me!! :)

HearthCricket
18-04-2008, 00:24
That is really pretty Hearthcricket..I was having fun walking with my mind your Labyrinth. I kind of like the Spider's web idea as well.

That is exactly what I did with it, this morning! I walk through it in my mind! I love it. I could so get into perfecting this and keeping it out for a long time! Putting it together is very theraputic....seeing what colours you use, what patterns or what stone you put down next. I sort of would prefer to have a darker stone at the beginning, but this really worked for me. It allowed me to put my birthstone (blue topaz) as the first step into it, and that black and white jasper in front of the Goddess was a gift from my husband. It has a sort of Ying/Yang feel to it! And it makes for a funky screensaver, too! :laugh:

inanna_tarot
18-04-2008, 00:35
I love it!

And having knitted lace, it spirals so beautifully when its being formed, row on row in a lovely slow spiral... like the spiral/labyrinth around glastonbury tor for example.

Love it :D

Demon Goddess
18-04-2008, 02:01
Well done. :)

I know a woman from the craft shows and she makes a labyrinth like that out of flat stones and it's designed to use to meditate by running your finger along the pathway... Very cool.

I like yours.

HearthCricket
18-04-2008, 04:53
Well done. :)

I know a woman from the craft shows and she makes a labyrinth like that out of flat stones and it's designed to use to meditate by running your finger along the pathway... Very cool.

I like yours.

That would be the ultimate and I do collect flat stones, as you can see some there. But in order to have over 100 it will take me a while to get to that point!! However, keeping that well in mind because that would be the ultimate goal to have for setting up a permanent or semi-permanent labyrinth in my house, on one of these round tables. I sent the picture to my husband at work and he loves it! That is a good sign!!

avalonian
18-04-2008, 05:02
HearthCricket strikes again. Fabulous. Makes me feel meditative just looking at it.

Next time I have a few hours to spare.........

It's also made me remember when my niece brought her two year old to stay and he sat on the floor laying all my crystals out in a big circle, and was very particular about which one went where.

I'd forgotten all about that, thanks for reminding me.

HearthCricket
18-04-2008, 05:28
HearthCricket strikes again. Fabulous. Makes me feel meditative just looking at it.

Next time I have a few hours to spare.........

It's also made me remember when my niece brought her two year old to stay and he sat on the floor laying all my crystals out in a big circle, and was very particular about which one went where.

I'd forgotten all about that, thanks for reminding me.

Thank you! I think Lark has a gorgeous crystal stone circle, which is amazing looking. I just felt so compelled to do a labyrinth! I have actually moved the square wishing stone to the first spot...not sure it will stay there, though. And then bought a few more darker stones to fill in spots, plus exchanged the howlite (which sort of disappears in the lace) with leopardskin jasper, and worked a bit more on defining the circles. Really fun. And so deep. Especially when you take a moment to think where that particular stone came from, when you bought it, where you were in your life, etc. It is becoming a multi-layered project!

morticia monroe
18-04-2008, 06:17
I love the pattern design of the labyrinth, HC! It's very beautiful.

Bitchin' goddess, too!

HearthCricket
18-04-2008, 06:38
lol Thank you! There she is, in the family room, in all her glory!

A few changes. She still gets center stage, but my husband just bought me this gorgeous piece of Landscape Jasper, so we have an alternate middle, though that is eventually going on my fey altar!

Chronata
18-04-2008, 07:40
wow! Your crystal labyrinth is spectacular!

I have a great affinity for labyrinths! I wanted to do something like that for my outside altar, but I didn't have enough stones.

I used salt to do a small greek style labyrinth, but the birds kept landing on it!

Aulruna
18-04-2008, 07:50
Very beautiful. I love how the stones subtly change colour along the path!

Both centers seem very fitting. Venus of course has the advantage that everyone will be happy to arrive and find love!

Here is a pic of me walking a labyrinth at a place called Crystal Castle near Byron Bay, Australia. And one of their spectacular rose quartz installations.

afrosaxon
18-04-2008, 07:51
Purty, HC! :D

T.

LeaRoseQuartz
18-04-2008, 16:06
HearthCricket, your labyrinth is really neat! There is one outside at a catholic nunnery that is open to the public in frankfort, illinois. I've been to it a few times. Aulruna, I love the rose quartz one! Wow!

BodhiSeed
18-04-2008, 20:48
HearthCricket and Aulruna
Thank you for posting the beautiful labrinth pictures! What a lovely sight to greet me this morning!

Milfoil
18-04-2008, 21:30
You've just given me a neat idea for a table mat. Croche'd in two colours but with largish crystal beads croche'd into the labrynth it at certain points.

Hmmmm . . .

:)

HearthCricket
18-04-2008, 23:55
You've just given me a neat idea for a table mat. Croche'd in two colours but with largish crystal beads croche'd into the labrynth it at certain points.

Hmmmm . . .

:)

LOL Funny how one thing can lead to another! I was so happy to go downstairs, this morning, and see it waiting for me. I love it. And I took pictures into the photographer, a few smaller ones framed for some friends and an 8x10 for me, which I will eventually frame somehow, so whenever I do take it down (or move it) I willl always have it, even as a semi-guide to making it another time or as a meditative tool in itself.

Aurluna~I love the pictures you shared. Those rose quartz ones are amazing! That is how this whole idea originated. I was looking online at templates for an outside labyrinth because I am debating the possibility of having one created, next spring/summer, in our backyard, and looking at prices and styles, etc. for something practical and beautiful, at the same time. In the meantime I was very compelled to make my own little one inside! I highly recommend it. Using your own personal stones/crystals and putting something very special in the middle is such a therapuetic activity in its own right!

memries
19-04-2008, 00:02
You know I have stones and crystals stashed everywhere. This would almost require me to gather them up and see what I have at this point. It is a bit discouraging but Lark's lovely Stonehenge and your Labrinyth are very inspiring.

I never did get my crystal fountain made as we are in the process of moving which ticked me off relative to my fountain. Plus I bought the wrong pump. So that is on hold until I make space or get carried away and just make it. What a watery mess I had for a bit ! LOL

At least the Labrinyth is dry ! I am very excited though and have that itch for sure.

sleepingcat
19-04-2008, 00:10
What brilliant ideas, guys!

*trots off to start somthing of her own*

Cerulean
02-06-2008, 09:07
...I have a white ceramic dish that was dedicated to a shell and candle kind of summer tribute...I can take the candles off and make a shell and crystal and sand labyrinth...

And of course there are old large bowls that would work as well...or baskets or platters...great fun! I have an old book that shows maps of stone and hedge labyrinths...so this would be fun to try.

Best wishes and happy stone maps!

Cerulean

P.S. Add herbal greens, rose or other petals or dried bits (sage, rosemary, lavendar)...and a sphere or two...and you have a sacred landscape and a stone garden of your own inside! Maybe even add your runestones...And the goddess can be at the door and one can descend into the spiral womb of the underworld...and ascend back into the remains of the day...thanks all, having fun with the ideas even before I do this!