Tarot on a morning show here in Australia

NightQueen

This morning on channel 10 they had a guy on the show talking about tarot, I forgot his name but he has a book out for beginners, any waaaayyyy he said a tarot decks life span should be no more than 18 months! WHAT??? and then to top it off he says that when each deck gets to 18 months he throws them all one by one in the fire! has anyone ever heard of this? I think this is absolutely RUBBISH! Ive never heard of anything so stupid in my life! what do you all think of this?Actually he said alot of rubbish, like if you wrap your cards in silk it locks in the querent energy in the cards, that if someone is in despair and needs a reading you should tell them to come back in 3-4 days, alot of things can happen in 3-4 days, Im hoping they make a video clip of it so I can post it for you all to see

afrosaxon

I'd like some of whatever he's smoking. :smoker:

Hmmph..a deck is just getting broken in good at 18 months! I've had mine for about ten years, and I'm JUST getting to the meat of it.

But hey, it's his money to throw away...maybe someone can encourage him to donate his discarded decks to AT? AT could then have a "pre-owned tarot deck" section for those who want to purchase them outright, and not go through trading or exchange. :D

("pre-owned" is a fancy name here in the States for "used" :laugh:)

T.

Aladdin

Without wanting to seem too basic, he must have been born with the blank card in his hand or some such substitute.

Ruby7

I just feel sorry for all those poor decks. Save the decks!!

starrystarrynight

Did he have a deck that went along with that book he was pushing, perchance?

Sort of brings to mind the term planned obsolescence.

MeeWah

If a Tarot writer pronounces a deck obsolete after 18 months, one has to wonder what claims his book makes--other than it for "beginners".

Grigori

afrosaxon said:
I'd like some of whatever he's smoking. :smoker:

Sounds like he's smoking some lovely decks. Maybe all that ink and sealant really is bad for you :D

Or perhaps the secret is that the book is also obselete every 18 months and so his readers must continually buy new copies... })

I checked the website and its Paul Fenton Smith.

Paul Fenton Smith
Tarot Cards have been used for hundreds of years to reveal hidden truths and foresee the future. Clairvoyant Paul Fenton-Smith joined 9am to explain how the Tarot is used to make predictions and how it can enrich our personal and professional lives. Paul has revised and re-released his book, The Tarot Revealed (Allen & Unwin RRP $26.95), which has sold more than 100,000 copies worldwide.
www.paulfentonsmith.com

NightQueen

He didnt have a deck with the book, but he was using the RWS, I too think the more you use your cards the better they get! Im glad all of you see my point of view, what a waste of tarot decks! His book was more a beginners guide to reading tarot. He must have too much money if hes burning so many decks! CRAZY!

NightQueen

similia said:
Sounds like he's smoking some lovely decks. Maybe all that ink and sealant really is bad for you :D

Or perhaps the secret is that the book is also obselete every 18 months and so his readers must continually buy new copies... })

I checked the website and its Paul Fenton Smith.
Yes! thats the one, I didnt like him at all.......

NightQueen

Aladdin said:
Without wanting to seem too basic, he must have been born with the blank card in his hand or some such substitute.
He actually mentioned he added a blank card to each deck, which would mean something along the lines of the universe having bigger plans for the querent than what they had for themselves?