April 08 ~ Scorpio Full Moon ~ Sabian Symbols

Elven

This is from the Bog of Lynda Hill - www.sabiansymbols.typepad.com :D
Enjoy!

The more I traveled, the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends. Shirley MacLaine

The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. Marcel Proust.

The universe as we know it is a joint project of the observer and the observed. Teilhard de Chardin

April 08 ~ Scorpio Full Moon

The full moon on Sunday April 20 is a particularly powerful one. In Scorpio, it is likely to bring up all kinds of powerful and intense responses and events in and around us. The Sabian Symbol for the full moon is Scorpio 1: Tourists on a Sight-Seeing Bus.

This full moon ensures that there's much to be seen and heard and learned and integrated into our lives by observing what's going on around us, taking things in, assimilating what's going on in our environment as we pass through it.

Sometimes we need a tour guide on our journey's; whether it's a journey to the shops or to the Moon. We often take pictures of the terrain we're traveling in, whether they're actual photographs or snapshots that fill our minds. Also, we gather souvenirs; things that give us pleasure or merely prove that we've been somewhere. The main thing with this degree is to really take a good look at your life, but the trick is to be a participant, not just a spectator. One has to 'connect in' with one's environment, people, country, role in life, etc. Who are you on the 'Bus' with? Who's a fellow passenger, a fellow traveler, and who do you invite along on your 'journeys'? What is the vehicle you're traveling in? What is worthy of noticing and what's not? By observing, we learn and assimilate things of great value; we become more rounded, more able to cope with the things that life holds in store for us, or, indeed, throws at us.

As Yogi Berra, the great American baseball player and manager said 'You can observe a lot by watching'. Such profundity!

I see the Moon
And the Moon sees me -
God bless the Moon
And God bless Me!

- a Child's Prayer

Seldom seen this strongly, this full moon has a wonderful grand trine in earth signs with a kite to the Moon - this brings a wonderful and free-flowing possibility of taking on our personal power. In the grand trine are the Sun, Saturn and Pluto, which is a powerhouse of energy as it is, but put the Moon at the opposition to that Sun, as it is at the full moon, and we get a grand trine with a kite.

This is a wonderful configuration full of promise and potential. The chart above is set for Washington DC and the full moon sits exactly astride the ascendant-descendant axis of the chart of the full moon.

This lunation is bound to have a very strong affect particularly on America and Washington and the political sphere and what happens over the next primaries to decide who will be the Democrat party's nominee for the 2008 election. BTW, the USA's chart, set for 4 July 1776 at 5.10pm in Philadelphia (better known as the Sibly chart, and one favored by Dane Rudhyar) will be having a progressed full moon in November, just a week or so after the election.

The Sabian Symbol for the progressed full moon is Virgo 3:Two Guardian Angels Bringing Protection with the quest Symbol (the degree after) being Virgo 4: Black and White Children Playing Happily Together. This full moon sitting astride the landscape of Washington DC shows a certain split in the populace, a polarization amongst people, and one that is likely to play itself out more and more in the lead up to the election.

Whether you're interested in politics or not, this is a meaningful time. Although it springs to mind that all times are meaningful, it seems that we're speeding more towards something particularly meaningful, that our lives have taken on a deeper dimension; more people are tuning into the mysteries and their spiritual life.

The full moon on Scorpio 1: Tourists on a Sightseeing Bus is opposed by the Sun on Taurus 1: A Clear Mountain Stream. The Clear Mountain Stream asks us to remember a sense of 'purity' on our journey - a sense of pure direction, intention and attitude. It speaks of purity on many levels, baptism, the spiritual dimensions of water, pipelines, purification, cleansing, the flow of people and traffic.

I should point out here that the Sun and Moon are more aligned with our individual sense of selves than Saturn and Pluto, which speak more of things that transcend the personal, things such as governments, the media, the collective as a whole. The Sun and Moon Symbols show how we're to stay on our journey, working towards what it is we want in life. Like a river flows downstream getting past obstacles and bending itself around problems and issues that try to get in its way, we are to remember what we're doing in life and why. Sometimes we lose track of these questions and by being a 'Tourist' for a while, we can remember some of life's important lessons about who we are, where we fit in and where we belong. Sometimes the answers that come to us come as a real surprise, especially during the days before and following the full moon as it's a time of high illumination.

In this wonderful grand trine of energy, we have Saturn on Virgo 2: A Large White Cross Dominates the Landscape. This asks that we remember our relationship with God, along with own sense of divinity. Religion can bring us together, but it can also divide and split us asunder. Of course, each person is entitled to practice their "religion" as they please, although sometimes it would seem that others are not content to allow it.

One thing to be watchful with the Large White Cross is a sense of loneliness and difficulty. This is also backed up by Pluto being on Capricorn 2: Three Stained Glass Windows in a Cathedral, One is Damaged by Bombardment. As I've mentioned before in my blogs, this is the degree of Mars in the 9/11 chart. (It's interesting to note that the World Trade Center was on Trinity Place, with the Trinity Church right next door. A tiny, tiny building of faith and hope right next to the Twin Towers of corporations and money, Trinity Church was virtually unscathed in the 'bombardment' of 9/11 - what a testament to faith!)

So, what does this all mean? Well, it appears to me that we have to stay with our objectives, faithfully going after the things we want in life while being open to others; other people, other points of view, other religions, other ways of being. After all, rivers become more diverse as they flow downstream and join up with other tributaries. We are all Tourists on a Sightseeing Bus, after all. The fear and loathing largely perpetrated by many governments around the world, along with the main stream media is something we obviously don't need. As we work together towards our objectives, we can learn, attain and accomplish much.

There will be challenges, there always are, but they are bound to be interesting and meaningful and we're likely to meet some new and wonderful traveling companions along the way!

Lynda will be in Tucson, Arizona the first week of May, then Denver, Colorado for the United Astrology Congress Conference.

Elven

I love Lynda's blogs!!

One thing to be watchful with the Large White Cross is a sense of loneliness and difficulty. This is also backed up by Pluto being on Capricorn 2: Three Stained Glass Windows in a Cathedral, One is Damaged by Bombardment. As I've mentioned before in my blogs, this is the degree of Mars in the 9/11 chart. (It's interesting to note that the World Trade Center was on Trinity Place, with the Trinity Church right next door. A tiny, tiny building of faith and hope right next to the Twin Towers of corporations and money, Trinity Church was virtually unscathed in the 'bombardment' of 9/11 - what a testament to faith!)

I have Capricorn 2 as one of my main symbols, and I know this time (around me now) is a time of standing strong in my faith and convictions, dreams and creativity - as all around me goes AWOL :D

Interesting that the the Symbol for Sydney is the Large White Cross - It reminds me also of the Cathederal in Hyde Park. You can see the new spires from Harbour.

Any thoughts from others to add?
Feel welcome :D
Cheers
Elven x