Thoth-based decks

karenquilter

I've heard that Tarot of the Cat People and the Haindl Tarot might be based on the Thoth system, which is a bit different from the RWS system. The Liber T is another Thoth deck. Are there any others?

inanna_tarot

Liber T :D

rwcarter

I knew there was a thread about this. It took me awhile to find it, but it's here.

HTH,
Rodney

Sphinxmoth

Elemental associations of the Thoth deck are applied to the court cards of the Ironwing. It helps ease one into a very individualistic, pagan-shamanistic deck, if one is already familiar with the former..
Does that count?

Myrrha

The Deva Tarot is unlike the Thoth in that it has five suits but the Minor Arcana cards are clearly inspired by Thoth. It even comes with a kind of pseudo-unicursal hexagram card for a total of 93 cards!

Also, I didn't see the Phoenix Tarot on either of the links. This one also has clearly Thoth-inspired minor arcana cards.

I've seen posts that mention the Quest Tarot as being Thoth-like as well but I think it is more a question of a similar tone to the meanings and semi-abstract moody minors rather than real visual similarity.

--Myrrha

Grigori

There is a listing with pics of some options at this site.

karenquilter

Thanks for the links. It's just what I was looking for.
K

SunChariot

I believe the Quest Tarot is also Thoth-based...

Babs