Unsatisfactory record at Keen.com

Mystic_Blue_Jay

Hi everyone! I just wanted to tell you about something I discovered the other day. I don't know if anyone else has discussed this yet, but here's what I found. A few years ago, a fellow member named BemboBimbo was considering joinig up with a phone psychic company called Keen.com. Other members told BB that it would be more rewarding if s/he started her/his own reading service.

I had thought about Keen.com for a few years now, especially because I too want to give readings on the phone. So I decided to check out Keen.com with the BBB to see if they showed up. Look what I found:

http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?url=Keen.com

Of course, those are just the search results, but let's see what's behind door number one.

Door number two.

Door number three.

As you can see, you get 3 different addresses for the same website (Two are located in California, and one in Colorado.) The one in Colorado has a satisfactory rating. While the other two (one and the same) have had 12 complaints filed against them in the past 36 months and have an unsatisfactory rating.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Aladdin

Reckon this falls into the catagory of the premium rate phone lines (090etc.) in the UK. This is all 'conology' for those thinking mine shafts can be propped up with matchsticks. It would be intersting to learn the average lifetime of these so called companies.

Mystic_Blue_Jay

Aladdin said:
Reckon this falls into the catagory of the premium rate phone lines (090etc.) in the UK. This is all 'conology' for those thinking mine shafts can be propped up with matchsticks. It would be intersting to learn the average lifetime of these so called companies.

Well, actually, BemboBimbo made that post back in 2005, but I don't know how long Keen.com had been around before that post was made.

I tried also to search for a site called psychicsneeded.com with the BBB, but no results came up for them. Hmm.

Grizabella

For a company the size of Keen to only have three or four issues with the BBB is surprisingly few. They're a huge company. And as you see, they did their best to resolve the issues.

Debra

Doors # 1 and #2 are the same door. San Francisco and Oakland are right across the bay from one another. The cases are the same and so is the address at the bottom of the page.

re-pete-a

and the point to all of this is??? sometimes the opposition resorts to some un savory tactics,nothing personal mind ,just business.(an absolution from sins)

Promise

I think it all depends on what you deem "satisfactory". I find that to be quite a subjective term, seeing as how every person is going to have a different opinion of what is acceptable and what is not.

You simply cannot please everyone all the time; anytime you run a business, you have to understand that there are going to be people who are dissatisfied, no matter what you do. It doesn't matter if you do everything by the book and bust your backside, some people are just going to want more.

Most of the issues I saw listed on the BBB site you linked to were things I would consider mundane...billing issues, issues that the company offered to settle but the complainant refused, customer service complaints, etc. Once again, it all boils down to what you as an individual believe to be acceptable or not.

Personally, I don't give much weight to the BBB, just because I feel that it's a very flawed, very narrow system, and I don't see anything listed there that just screams of fraud or deception. Doesn't mean that they're a legit business, it simply means that I personally wouldn't discount them just because of this information.

re-pete-a

an explanation of the gravity thing ..........opposites.........when you want to stop,something says not to .............when you know it's enough, something says not!(chockies)........when you lift a lid a little ,gravity wants to close it.......when you want to get ahead,something works against you......etc,etc....