Two Sets of READINGS!

ZENtegration

As advice by goddessof1967, i have moved my enquiry from "Your Reading" to here. Hope that i can get some response to my question. Thanks goddessof1967.

Will like to know whether anyone of u have ever used two sets of different tarot cards to do a daily reading with the same spread? I'm using OSHO ZEN TAROT and GILDED TAROT, and sometimes they seem to contradict each other. How should i integrate their meanings? or should i read their msg separately? or any other suggestions??? Thank in advance.

punchinella

Hi ZENtegration,

I do this frequently--use two different decks together on the same spread--though not for daily readings. What I will do is designate one deck the "on the surface of things" deck & the other the "underneath, interior, spiritual meanings etc." deck. Then, as I draw cards I will physically lay the cards from deck two beneath the cards from deck one, reading the deck-one cards first and only subsequently turning over the cards from deck two, for the alternative inner perspective. My spreads often look like this:

X X X
X X X

(I guess it helps that I only do simple spreads!)

I consider the top row (from deck one) to be the basic & essential reading. That is to say, it would be enough . . . BUT the bottom row can be so interesting! Sometimes a card from deck two will clearly reinforce the card above it . . . and sometimes directly contradict it. In the latter case, I know that there is some conflict between inner & outer (i.e. the way things are, and the way I or querent want them to be . . . or between the way they appear, and the way they might actually be . . . the possibilities here are endless.)

If you're seeing contradictions between what the two sets of cards have to say, mmmn, this is possibly the very heart of what you need to get at/understand.

--Is that any help??

ZENtegration

Thank punchinella,

I have tried your advice and it seems to work. I will try it a few times to see how consistent and effective to my daily reading. Really appreciate your advice and suggestion.

punchinella said:
Hi ZENtegration,

I do this frequently--use two different decks together on the same spread--though not for daily readings. What I will do is designate one deck the "on the surface of things" deck & the other the "underneath, interior, spiritual meanings etc." deck. Then, as I draw cards I will physically lay the cards from deck two beneath the cards from deck one, reading the deck-one cards first and only subsequently turning over the cards from deck two, for the alternative inner perspective. My spreads often look like this:

X X X
X X X

(I guess it helps that I only do simple spreads!)

I consider the top row (from deck one) to be the basic & essential reading. That is to say, it would be enough . . . BUT the bottom row can be so interesting! Sometimes a card from deck two will clearly reinforce the card above it . . . and sometimes directly contradict it. In the latter case, I know that there is some conflict between inner & outer (i.e. the way things are, and the way I or querent want them to be . . . or between the way they appear, and the way they might actually be . . . the possibilities here are endless.)

If you're seeing contradictions between what the two sets of cards have to say, mmmn, this is possibly the very heart of what you need to get at/understand.

--Is that any help??

SunChariot

ZENtegration said:
As advice by goddessof1967, i have moved my enquiry from "Your Reading" to here. Hope that i can get some response to my question. Thanks goddessof1967.

Will like to know whether anyone of u have ever used two sets of different tarot cards to do a daily reading with the same spread? I'm using OSHO ZEN TAROT and GILDED TAROT, and sometimes they seem to contradict each other. How should i integrate their meanings? or should i read their msg separately? or any other suggestions??? Thank in advance.

First of all I've done that many times and in fact I am currently working on a two deck reading. UNIVERSAL LOVE HEALING CARDS and MANTEGNA TAROT.
Second question :) I don't use daily draws and very rarely use spreads.

As for what you should do, I don't believe anyone can tell you that. There are no "shoulds" in learning to read, we all have to find our own paths and what works for us, which is not the same for everyone. You should do what you find works best for you.

That being said,in case this helps in some way, it's been my experience that diffferent decks do "think" in different ways as each deck embodies some of the personal philosophy of its creator. The Osho Zen is a very unique deck and it is not surprising that it would give you very different answers from the Gilded, or from almost any other deck.

I personally take them separately. I do not try to integrate them. Each deck is likely to show a different aspect of the problem or show it in a different light, which can indeed be very useful. I think of it as if I had a problem and I asked two friends for advice. Their advice might be very dissimilar, but each would be useful in a different way. Each paints the picture in a different light given its unique way of thinking.

Babs

ZENtegration

Thank u so much for the advice. I do understand that OSHO ZEN Tarot works on a slightly different level as compared to other decks. I'm now trying very hard to understand what the deck is telling me. In fact, i only start to do tarot reading about 2 mths ago and so still very new in this. Really appreciate all ur kindness. I'm learning. Really hope that i can truly tap the "power" in helping myself and maybe extend to my loved ones ard me in the future.

SunChariot said:
First of all I've done that many times and in fact I am currently working on a two deck reading. UNIVERSAL LOVE HEALING CARDS and MANTEGNA TAROT.
Second question :) I don't use daily draws and very rarely use spreads.

As for what you should do, I don't believe anyone can tell you that. There are no "shoulds" in learning to read, we all have to find our own paths and what works for us, which is not the same for everyone. You should do what you find works best for you.

That being said,in case this helps in some way, it's been my experience that diffferent decks do "think" in different ways as each deck embodies some of the personal philosophy of its creator. The Osho Zen is a very unique deck and it is not surprising that it would give you very different answers from the Gilded, or from almost any other deck.

I personally take them separately. I do not try to integrate them. Each deck is likely to show a different aspect of the problem or show it in a different light, which can indeed be very useful. I think of it as if I had a problem and I asked two friends for advice. Their advice might be very dissimilar, but each would be useful in a different way. Each paints the picture in a different light given its unique way of thinking.

Babs