looking for website design advice, possibly offers?

HOLMES

ok I made the decision go to pro and phoned up the local internet website place in dryden.
they told me they were back up to towards the end of may and i said ok to myself i will go make a payment on it.

when I got there, the person told me it would cost 1500 to 2000 to develop, they would be 2 months behind, AND MY MIND FREAKED.

a). do websites take 1500 to 2000 to develop ?
b). can companries be 2 months behind ? especially since it is a just small "city" but we still call it town.

so frustrated i need advice,

1. i am looking to pay 400 max (i hope ) for website designing.

is this realistic? do you have any good links ?
would it be ok to pay some company in the states to do it,, then how do i know they will do it ?

2. If i had to develop website on my own due to the high cost ,,
i saw in some threads front page title being tossed around..
do i actually need to buy an program to develop my own webpage,

3. what about payment details.
i got paypal and that could do at the beginning..
but what about credit card payments down the line,, how much does that run usually

4. what about security you know that 128 bit security you see pop up when you enter in your credit card sometimes ?
how reliable is that.

I don't mind paying for someone to do it instead of torturing myself to do it,

note this is only for website design,, not worried about domain, hosting,, or marketing..
a flexible system so i can add testimonals.

gregory

There is good, free web design software available on line. Lots of people I know run lovely websites they have done themselves, and I bet you could too. I'll dig up the info for you later.

ETA:

here is one I know; here is another; and here is a third.

But otherwise find someone who has a website and ask them who did theirs. There are MANY people on here who have been totally ripped off and then the designers have vanished and left them in a mess. I could name names, but it isn't my business. You want someone that someone you know and trust has been happy with.

Those prices sound obscene. But the time thing - that would depend on how much work they have - if there are many people ahead of you.... That one just cannot guess at. If you aren't happy with them though - don't run with them. Of all the things that you can get done on line - web design comes way up the list !

HOLMES

thanks gregory

I looked at those websites briefly just now, and they look awesome.
:) kudos for helping me.

now let me look at what else you wrote.

1. many designers who ripped people off.

ouchy, I am sadden and shocked to hear that ,, but then if someone offers that i dont' know, i send them 500 and don't see them,, voila i am taken.

i guess i would of looked at post count, and see if i knew the person from posts if i was taking up offers here to help me. heh

2. I knew that price was obscene,, 2000 bucks i almost fainted.

(still looking at others people opnions , input and if they have more links as well or links to cheap software)

Demon Goddess

If you're paying $1500 for a website, you'd better have a fully functioning website with shopping cart when you are finished paying for it.

HOLMES

but i am not

i am not going to pay 1500 to 2000,
which is why i asked if it was good price, (if it was,, then i was going to not pursu it ), and i asked what was good price for a website designer.

and what cheap alternatives are there like cheap software, and stuff like gregory posted.

Demon Goddess

HOLMES said:
i am not going to pay 1500 to 2000,
which is why i asked if it was good price, (if it was,, then i was going to not pursu it ), and i asked what was good price for a website designer.

and what cheap alternatives are there like cheap software, and stuff like gregory posted.

My point is that if all you are putting up is a webpage then you don't need to pay $1500 for it.

I paid $1500 for my business website with full shopping cart, underlying database and product management software. I don't see you needing that sort of functionality, aside from the fact that managing it after the fact

I don't recommend doing a cheezy website that looks free like Angelfire or somesuch either, but you should be able to get a really nice functional SSL site for less than $500 without thinking about it. And if you CAN figure out how to do it yourself, then free is even better (you will have to pay for a security certificate (although I don't know why you might need one).

If you want to get a beautiful customized site for as little as necessary, a friend of mine is an expert in CRE-Loaded sites. He's doing all of my SEO for my Peppermaster site and he's quote my Tarot site at $500. I'll be able to schedule and take paypal payments on the site as well as be able to do live readings... You can find him here: He'll quote you the price for what you want on your site so, it could be less expensive or moreso depending on what you need.

You can contact him in any chat software (MSN, yahoo, etc.), or use the contact us form on DCP http://dotcom-productions.com/cms/contact_us.php or email him at reg@regcharie.com

Tell him I sent you.

I

HOLMES

thanks gregory and demongoddesss

gregory I studied those links and was going back and forth between three links off the small business hosting site.

I was going to go with yahoosmallbusiness one until i found out they charged like .50 cents every time someone clicks on the link.
i said to myself if a brunch of people click on the link and no one get anything..
i will end up costing myself a prettty penny.

then i was going to go with prostores as they offered a free month trial, good advertising with the monthly costs, something called search engine optimization.
then i looked at the templates and they wanted to charge 300 dollars for a template..
i said no thanks.

so i went with the original one i looked at anyways in the first place..
the only reason why i changed from looking at it is they wanted a yearly payment of 112 for business.
it came with a free domain name regristration so i didn't mind after i tried out the demo and showed a very sparse website to solandia and some others.

so i was messing aorund with it tonight after i paid the fee,, just wiaiting for some confirmation from sales , i bet on the domain name.

then i will start working on it on earnest,, getting it into search engines and such.

so far this was the winner

http://www.123buildasite.com/

and i upgraded the paypal to business and I Should be up who knows a week or two as i work on the site you know getting stuff up and other things.

i did find a bug with my 2003 outlook, driving me crazy tonight.

off i go

gregory

Good luck, Holmes :thumbsup: