My (Baroque Bohemian) Cats Ran Away!

rachelcat

I need some advice on a spread or way of reading for finding my poor lost BBC kit.

You may have overheard me around the boards complaining that my books and many of my decks were packed in boxes while we (meaning my husband!!) were working on building new shelves. Well, the shelves are built, most of the boxes are empty, and most of the books are on the shelves. I unpacked tarot kits and books first (of course!) and proudly displayed them on the living room shelves front and center.

Yesterday morning I realized my BBC kit is missing. (It should be nestled comfortably beside its sisters Victorian Romantic, Fairytale, and Fantastic Menagerie, just one shelf above cousin Victorian Flower Oracle.) Anyway, while I should have been getting ready for work, I was frantically searching through the remaining boxes, looking behind the old bookshelves, etc. to no avail. When we got home I made my husband help me go through all the boxes again. And I searched other likely places. I can't imagine that I could lose track of ANY deck, let alone a beautiful kit like BBC, even in the chaos of shelf-building. I'm totally mystified.

So I thought I'd try a reading to find it. I took a look at the finding lost object spreads in the spread forum and they sound good, but the search that is going through my mind is more a yes-no thing:

Is it in the house? And then subsidiarily, in the spare room, in the living room, in my deck desk, in the bedroom?

Is it at my office?

Did I leave it somewhere else (not home or office) by mistake?

Did I lend it to someone?

Did someone take it?

Did someone destroy it by accident and get rid of it to cover it up?

If I did a reading of yes-no questions, I guess I could use one card each question. Upright or reversed for yes or no? (I'm don't usually use reversals.) Or just what the cards might say?

Maybe I should take up pendulum reading for this occasion instead? (I have a pendulum but have never tried or practiced with it.)

Please give me some advice and help me bring my kitties home! :)

(My LIVING kitties are home and comfy and doing fine!)

judylea1

yes/no cards are difficult. Some people might have some ideas to offer on this, but I usually just let the cards answer. You need to post the cards you get and how you interpret them to get feedback from others here. Good luck.

rachelcat

Ok, I Tried!

judylea1 said:
yes/no cards are difficult. Some people might have some ideas to offer on this, but I usually just let the cards answer. You need to post the cards you get and how you interpret them to get feedback from others here. Good luck.

Ah, you're right! I got moved here to Talking Tarot.

I tried a free-form reading using some of my yes-no questions and just tried to read what the cards say as you recommend. I'll post in Your Readings and you can see how I did!

Here's the reading: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1470695#post1470695

Alta

Maybe you could start with a slightly general question like:

What is the most important thing I need to know about the lost kit?

And sort of work out from there, depending on the cards.

Alta