AWOL Thoth!

manda78

My Thoth has disappeared! It is my fav deck, that I have had for years :( It's not like I had it put up and forgot it, either, I love it and kept it on my computer, in my purse etc. Somewhere I had easy access too it..Now, it is just GONE...I just thought Id share my despair lol. I did a reading that said Where is my Thoth and got the Lovers, lol, maybe my Thoth divorced me. I just thought Id share my despair
Manda

Splungeman

(Old, cheesy music plays over a black and white scene where a woman wearing a gingham dress steps out of her farmhouse)

WOMAN: Thoth!! Thoooooth!! Oh where could it be?

(Woman bites her knuckle and sobs hysterically. Meanwhile the Thoth is seen living it up in Vegas smoking a dirty cigarette getting a lapdance from a RWS deck stripper as a disapproving Fenestra Tarot deck serves drinks and dreams of a brighter future.)

THOTH DECK: (With heavy New York accent) Yeeah!! This is the life!! Show me your Moon trump baby!! Heh Heh Heh!

FENESTRA: (With heavy Jersey accent) What a moron!

(She doesn't see the sneaky and stinking drunk Tarot of the Pirates sneak up on her and grab her from behind)

PIRATE TAROT: Arrrrrgh!!! Ye be sweet and beeeautiful says I! Arrrrrgh!!

(Massive barfight ensues. The end.)

Dr Benway

they just sprouted legs and up and left?

Akuts

Don't worry. They'll turn up.

I haven't yet lost a deck, but mine do, I swear, change bags on me. I've lost a few cats, though, over the years. One was found in the closed airing cupboard, snuggled up in the towels, another time it was the bottom of a closed wardrobe, and the scariest time of all it was that tiny space at the back of the drawers in a closed chest of drawers.

I've heard that the best way to find something is to say out loud, "Where is my Thoth?", and then forget about it. After a while you'll think of a place to look. That's sort of how I found my cats except it also involved a lot of panic, a few laps up and down the street hysterically calling out their name, and not very much forgetting about it.

Good luck!

Logiatrix

The way to find your deck is to forget about it, and then look for something else. You likely won't find the second item, but unexpectedly and out of nowhere, you will find your deck. It never fails.
;)

StellarMyst

Logiatrix said:
The way to find your deck is to forget about it, and then look for something else. You likely won't find the second item, but unexpectedly and out of nowhere, you will find your deck. It never fails.
;)

Ditto...

gregory

Most things in my life turn up when I lose my car keys.

Except, of course, the car keys..... ;)

Inana

Have you looked under your bed or in comfortable drawer, clothes,etc...? Maybe in a loved person's room, or some place related to a pet?

I don't agree in forget about the deck to find it. When i lose something can't stop to look for it until I found it again!

There are some good spreads to help find lost objects in the Tarot Spreads forum.

annabubble

I recently had a similar experience lost my Universal waite for a whole weekend and nearly died. And then, all of a sudden thought "Oh wait, I put it under my bed on Thursday night" and, what d'ya know?, there it was snuggled up beneath my mattress. I didn't let go of it for nearly a full hour.

Anyway, I don't remember where it was or who said it, but somewhere in this labyrinthine forum someone said that you are supposed to say "Dear Saint Michael, Please come round, Something has been lost that must be found" and then promise to give a pound (dollar etc) to the next charity you can. Or something to that degree.

Hope that helps!

Le Fanu

I lost a box of tarot cards once. My first 1JJ Swiss, an early edition of the Yaeger Tarot of Meditation (pre-underpants), Cagliostro, and my Balbi which didn´t use to be quite so sought after as it is now. Plus half a dozen others.

I told myself that the best thing to do was to stop searching high and low and they would turn up.

That was 15 years ago. The house has since been redecorated. I continue looking. They have never since reappeared.