It might be a stupid question, but I would appreciate some input

Ascot

Hello there everyone,

Before I put what I've got for presentation out onto the table for everyone, Id just like to ask that if anyone has any input at all, it will be appreciated.

I've been advised against using the cards to read for myself, and while I can understand why this would be, I don't personally have enough experience to motivate me towards either action - abstaining from self-readings or going forward wholeheartedly with self-readings. I enjoy using the cards and becoming increasingly familiar, however, so I do like to use them a lot on my own time for myself consequently...

There is a change on the horizon for me that is fast-approaching. At the end of the month, I am set to move in with a roommate that I met through my work, which I've been at for about 3 months now. That being said, it is clear to see that we haven't had much time to get to know each other. I liken the situation to entering a university's residence program - you'll get your roommate, who is probably a decent person, but not quite your close friend.

However, while I am in desperate need to change my living circumstance and look towards this new prospect with great anticipation, I sometimes fear for my ability to have all of the money that I need at any given time. I'm also severely bulimic; my struggle towards recovery is slow-going, and I bear this burden in secret. I have all kinds of confidence issues, but I am trying to stay motivated that a new roommatel a decent, hard-working person; will help me to find normalcy.

Unfortunately, upon consulting the cards, I was confronted by an array of warnings. The warnings had to do with all kinds of things. They confirmed my fears as well as planted new seeds of doubt that I hadn't had reason to consider before.

In your experience, is it worth it to simply heed the cards advice and steer clear of a path that they seem to show to be leading to unhappiness? Or should I maybe get a professional opinion, from someone who uses tarot professionally? Should I simply go ahead with my plans (throwing off my plans would be heartbreaking as well as difficult, but I don't want to dig myself into something that I'll regret)?

Mellifluous

Hi,

Welcome to the forums. :)

I think this thread will get moved, unless you post the actual reading here for input from others.

That may be a good option because sometimes when you're scared already, you just read that into the cards and make them out to be worse than they are.

Ultimately though, it's always up to you to take the cards seriously or not (i.e., to change your actions based on what you see there). If you feel a reading is a warning, you can do another to ask for advice on how to change the outcome to a positive one.

Personally, I wouldn't spend money on a professional reading - especially since money is already one of your concerns. Be frugal with what you have.

Also, I think most people do read for themselves. It's just difficult sometimes when your emotional. That's why some people stop. Everything gets better with practice though. Plus, now you've found a place to get feedback on your readings, if you want it. :)

Good luck with everything and happy tarot-ing!

MeeWah

Moderating note

Ascot: Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot! & Mellifluous is correct regarding posting in Your Readings & also offers excellent advice.

If this intended to discuss an actual reading, the following needed: the question asked; the spread used; the resulting cards; & your takes on the cards in order for viewers to be able to provide feedback in appropriate context to the reading. Multiple concerns tend to affect the clarity of a reading unless the question distilled to a specific area of inquiry.

Please review the posting guidelines for Your Readings in order to receive the most benefit from posting in this forum:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=47665

If, however, this intended as a general discussion regarding whether or not to take the advice offered by the cards, this thread will need to be moved to Talking Tarot.

Your understanding appreciated. & thanks!

~MeeWah
Co-Moderator, Your Readings

AJ

for many of us, if we didn't read for ourselves, we'd never get to read at all.

There is a thread here about tarot myths, something to read and think about and then think some more about who told you not to read for your self. :)

Welcome to AT!

Honda Civic

Welcome to AT!

And post a reading.

Aladdin

If this is any consolation to you i hardly ever read directly for anyone else and concentrate towards questions on behalf of others and occasionally for myself. By the way, John Prescott who was the deputy prime minister here has just published his memoirs, in which he wrote about suffering from Bulimia.
This he hoped could help other suferers. The media said it was almost impossible to imagine a less likely candidate for this affliction as compared with Lady Diana Spencer.
Good luck for the future.

Cactus

I think reading for yourself while truly distancing yourself from the answers you'd prefer to hear and only concentrating on what your higher self has to tell you - good, bad and ugly - then reading for yourself is wonderful.

I, like many others, wouldn't be able to do tarot if I didn't read for myself. Someone just stated that and it's true for many of us. It is a wonderful way to get to the heart of matters. If you did a reading and you were totally open to what cards came up instead of wishing for a particular outcome, then trust the reading. Trust yourself. If you have confidence in yourself, then you will let all anxieties go and let the information flow. Trust what you get. Keep us posted, too.

Abrac

Hey Ascot and welcome. :) I believe it's okay to read for yourself but there are times when a professional's advice is in order; this might be one of those times. It could be worth the investment, but try to find an actual professional, not a wanna-be.

You do seem to be in a bit of a predicament. On the one hand you want to honor your commitment and move on to a hopefully better situation, but on the other you are afraid you could be getting into something you will regret. As hard as we might try, sometimes it's very difficult to predict what life has in store for us. If we always waited until we had everything mapped out perfectly we would get very little done. Sometimes you just have to go ahead and try and if you later find that you have gotten in over your head you can do something else. Always leave yourself an alternative. Try to be as realistic as possible about yourself and situations and then just do what you think will make you the most happy. :)

Ascot

Hey everybody, thanks for all your responses

First of all, I'm really pleasantly surprised that I got such a nice bunch of replies. What a nice place, haha. I appreciate it a lot!

Abrac: especially good way of putting some advice that I agree with. I needed to hear it, thank you!

Mellifluous: I took your advice and rephrased another question such as you suggested, and I was assuaged by the message I got. Abrac was right too that it's no good to try and wait until every forecast is 100% positive before going ahead - I guess no one would really do anything ever then, haha.

Thanks again everyone! I think I'll have a proper reading (to put in the proper thread, ahem) later to post!

Mellifluous

Glad I could be helpful! :) You're quite welcome.