PDA

View Full Version : study group application ~ sun, moon & ASC

isthmus nekoi
17-12-2002, 04:04
After reading Minderwiz's post, I thought it might be nice to have a space where we could talk about how our sun, moon and ASC signs interact.
Check out the post! http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=9432&perpage=10&pagenumber=2

I'm a Cap sun, Sag moon and Aqu ASC. Will be back later w/how this works out.

isthmus nekoi
17-12-2002, 09:04
I forgot to mention something very important... which houses the sun and moon are. Sun is in 12th while moon is in 10th. (ASC isn't a planet so it's the cutoff angle b/w the 1st and 12th.)

Cap sun and Aqu ASC don't sound very mixable. But then again, my values and beliefs have never been conservative... practical yes, but I've always had weird, shocking ideas (they're so natural to myself, that sometimes I forget how odd they are :P). Aqu has 2 rulers, tradionally Saturn, and now Uranus. I find their placements are both very connected. Saturn in 8th (scorp), Uranus/10th/Scorp conj my MC. So my career is intertwined w/8th house issues and the moon which is also in 10th. Which of course, points us back to Capricorn.

I've read that my sun and moon don't get along b/c they're in Cap (Saturn) and Sag (Jupiter) who act as opposites... Well, those planets are conj in my chart so it's interesting.... Cap sun does temper Sag moon's ideals and such. Without Cap Sun, I think I'd be terribly impractical! 10th moon makes a very public placement though, which grates against my private 12th Sun. In situations where I don't feel comfortable, I like to hide behind my work and my art... Sag moon also shows where my comfort zone is: academia (sag/jup + 10th/sat) all the way!!

Overall, I think Moon and ASC get along well and Sun is rather left out. Sun also has harder aspects. For this reason, I don't feel comfortable expressing myself, and will resort to abstractions and analogies (air ASC) unless I feel I can trust a person, if I think they're open minded and nonjudmental enough. But I know I cannot separate myself and my art from my work, I won't be satisfied doing a job for money alone. And taking the easy way out just sucks for a driven Capricorn sun! Caps need to climb for their high ambitions to feel good.... or else, what's the point? ^_~ If there's anything that all 3 can agree on, it's being totally unsentimental. For me, love/friendship is expressed through concrete *behaviour*, not pretty words and symbolic gestures (ie gift exchange). I find those to be unreliable indicators of ppl's true feelings.
All three also merge together to make me extremely independent, highly tolerant of solitude, tirelessly searching, and having a deep desire to achieve my own goals. I'm not an indecisive person. I like to have something to work towards, even if that goal requires a lot of personal hardship.

Alright, who's next? ^_^

Pollux
18-12-2002, 00:31
I have not participated in the previous threads of the Astrology study group for lack of time, but I have checked them though. I hope I won't be too basic or just... silly in the stuff I'd say - bear with a beginner! ;)

Asc: Scorpio 19
Sun: Gemini 15 - 7th (conj/8th)
Moon: Aries 17 - 5th

Generally, I think the above shows a rather flexible and quite integrated situation, at least in comparison with other aspects in my chart.
As you can see from the above degrees, and adding some information:
ASC - in Scorpio, it is opposed to my Mercury (ruler of my Sun+Mars in Gemini) at 21 Taurus
Sun - in conjunction with Mars (traditional ruler of Rising and ruler of Moon) at 14, opposed to Jupietr and Uranus conjuncted at 4 and 6 respectively in Sagittarius (1st/7th house opposition)
Moon - in Aries, in sextile with Sun/Mars in Gemini, second ruler of my 8th, and in 5th, associated to Leo and the Sun.
I think we have quite a few links and correlations here. :)

First off, on a general note, I think an Aries Moon and a Gemini Sun (and mine are also in sextile) do blend quite well. I can *really* identify with both of them, a funny dynamic surface made of air but a hard, strong core firey with passion and impulses. Gemini and mind are associated, so the intuitive, impulsive nature of an Aries Moon tinge the restlessness with energy and passion. Also, whilst I am really comfortable when working with groups and being the entertainer (Gemini SUn in 7th), at times I feel I MUST take charge and be a leader and often self-imposed one, especially when I see people are inactive or impractical (Aries Moon in 5th); yet, I find myself more comfortable at leading and directing, deviding tasks and organising people rather than actually "making" or "creating", working things out - it remains a work of spirit or will, and mind mostly. :)
A Gemini sun might convey shallowness and lightness, but my individualistic and touchy Aries Moon makes me unbearable and over-sensitive most of times, and even more often over-reactive.
Lastly, my romantic Moon in 5th house works well with my 7th Sun, in love and relational issues: this does not mean it works out fine, but only that is runs smooth (even if towards doom *LOL*). I am well aware, though, that I tend to lean too much on and give to much importance to partners rather than myself, even though on the overall my chart is VERY individualistic - love screws me up completely, and reverses the balance.
Something else I want to add to Sun & Moon? Maybe later, can't think of anything else right now...

Sun and Rising: OUCH! *LOL* Scorpio live so much in their brains, and Gemini do like playing withtheir keen minds - the blend is simply DANGEROUS. And then consider my Sun is conjuncted to the 8th house, and my Ascendant opposing the ruler of the Sun and of its own ruler *LOL* I see it as a surge of menthal power, a circle of scorpio/mars like energy all revolving around my brain and my psychic side, intuition and so on... The opposition seems more of an empowering position, as I see my Mercury in Taurus quite week though isolated in the chart - probably a sort of hidden and silent thread-weaver. The Scorpio rising empowers, as I said, certain sides of the Gemini personality: the introspection, the contact and awareness with oneself, the self-consciousness. And it seems like yet another trait dealing with individuality and peronal strength, and a sense of leadership (my MC is rather isolated too, and in Leo - SPOOKY! *LOL*).
The interaction between Sun and 8th house associated to Scorpio might also deal with the WHY DO I FEEL SO SCORPIO and WHY DO I ASSOCIATE SO MUCH IMPORTANCE TO MY SCOPRIO RISING? issues... *LOL*
I think I should say more, but maybe later... ;) *LOL*

Pollux
18-12-2002, 00:36
Moon and Rising: NO COMMENT *LOL*
Can you imagine an Aries Moon / Scorpio Rising? I simply can't.
I think the mix is so psychotic and self-contorted it would elude most astrologers' eyes on this planet. Maybe you could help myself see through.
First off, there is a mutual interaction because of the Mars in 8th who is in sextile with one and in quinconce wth the other - Moon and Rising are in quinconce too. However, I see it as, again, another empowering situation with a lot of energy moving around and sometimes stopping in Gemini, sometimes in Aries, and othet times in Scorpio. Probably it won't move in harmonious, placid ways, but rather quickly and without much mental control, quite suddenly and overwhelmingly, but consider how much it bring with itself on its wake.
The impulsive, sensitive and intuitive Moon is well paired by the psychic, troubled and (self)destructive rising, and the leader-like features are matched by the psycho-ness of it all *LOL* I can't really say much, it's all very intuitive for me, but I do see how well they might interact, despite the single negative aspect.
There's also the last-one-standing feel that comes from it, the strength and courage of a pioneer with the materialism, disillusionment and analysis of the scientist. Lastly, whilst I am an encouraging person, spilling trust in other and always trying to stimulated self-confidence (Aris Moon), at some point I'll get sick of people without backbone and needing continuous push, I could send them to hell and demand cooperation and everyone fuflilling their own duties (Scorpio).

MH I think this all is crappy - but I hope you can appreciate it anyway. I am just too tired to make it more coherent and less obscure *LOL*

I wanted to add lastly, that the positiveness of this all comes to my head mostly because of the mutual aspects the three have. Sun and Moon are in sextile with each other, and both in quinconce to the Ascendant. The Ascendant is opposed to Mercury, who on its turn is in sexisextile to Moon and Sun as well. In the end, you have the shape of a arrow-head, poiting towards the Scorpio Rising (that alas is no real planet). Maybe this might not make astrologic sense for the lack of a planet in the head of the arrow, but I think this could be a good explanation of my very strong Scorpio-ness and why I see soo much energy is channeled towards that sign.

Hope this not 100% garbage :P

isthmus nekoi
18-12-2002, 08:03
Pollux! Hmm.... psychotic is maybe not the first word I think of looking at Aries moon and Scorp ASC but you're certainly not one of those laid back B-types, eh? ^_^ Add in Gemini, and I'd say you don't hold back when you really want to express yourself :P Where's your mars placed? Check that out b/c that planet must be very important since it rules Aries and Scorp!

I'd say you tend to approach things in a fast, energetic way, but not superficially, not in a glossing over way (like your post *lol*). Where's your Saturn, Virgo placements man? Looking at those will teach you how to temper out the... psychoness! :D

allibee
18-12-2002, 08:55
As you may all realise I know very little about astrology at this point, but am looking to learn more here.

Cancer - Sun
Pisces - Moon

That accounts for why I am maybe so sensative, and very watery,
but for my ASC I have Libra, which I know practically zilch about, and even less how it would affect this pair.

Cancer - Mercury, I'm just sooo sensative I'm afraid!
Taurus - Venus
Virgo - Mars
Aquarius - Jupiter
Capricorn - Saturn
Leo - Uranus
Scorpio - Neptune
Virgo - Pluto
I have a pdf of the astrodienst natal chart, and a word file from psyplan, but I don't really understand it yet *LOL*

allibee

isthmus nekoi
18-12-2002, 12:41
Hey that's okay, allibee! Wow, you *are* very watery ^_^ You might have a grand trine in water, check that out...

I'd say w/Cancer sun and Pisces moon you are very sensitive to other's feelings as well as being sensitive yourself. Libra is about fairness, so I think that you have a strong sense of wanting things to be fair, and present yourself as diplomatic as well as caring. Libra is also about relationships, so the mentioned qualities are easily expressed here. I'd say you're very sympathetic, nurturing and possess a strong sense of justice with these three.
Since Venus (ruler of Libra) is dignified in Taurus, I'd say you are into having things harmonious and comfortable; good food, comfy clothes, warm home. Maybe you don't like conflict and aggression and can be hurt easily or be distrubed easily by human cruelty, especially social inequalities etc (that might sound like a no brainer, but honestly, there are tons of ppl in the world who love conflict and violence!). I say this also b/c your aggressive Mars is in Virgo, a sign he finds difficult to express himself in. b/c of this, you may have difficulties expressing anger, dislikes etc w/your sun/moon/ASC signs.

Royal Cat
18-12-2002, 12:45
I'm learning so much from reading these posts... but it's obvious I still have a *lot* to learn!! Thank you Pollux for helping me understand my Scorpio/Gemini combo. a little better!

Here is what I have:
Sun Scorpio at 19 degrees 4th house
Moon Gemini at 10 degrees 11th house
Asc. Leo at 8 degrees

In my "professional" life I come across as more of a Leo, but to those who know me I'm definitely a Scorpio. :) I never knew my moon sign (or anything else for that matter) until a few months ago when I got my chart off of astro. I'm still trying to sort it all out with the help of everyone's great posts! :)

Cat

Pollux
18-12-2002, 22:26
Originally posted by isthmus nekoi
Pollux! Hmm.... psychotic is maybe not the first word I think of looking at Aries moon and Scorp ASC but you're certainly not one of those laid back B-types, eh? Add in Gemini, and I'd say you don't hold back when you really want to express yourself*ROFLMAO* No, alas I don't... I bet more than one person on these boards knows something about it... }) *LOL*:D I just didn't mention it but my chart does make me assertive and persuasive, often by means of strength and constrictions too but some other times subtly and in a manipulative way (Aries vs Scorpio ;)). It's part of the individualistic-like rubbish... ;) *LOL*

Where's your Mars placed? Check that out b/c that planet must be very important since it rules Aries and Scorp!*LOL* Ishtmus, you did not pay attention! *knocks on Ishtmus's head LOL* I have been raving so much about my Gemini Mars in 14 conjuncted to my Sun! *LOL* It's really energetic and dynamic, I know, in sextile with Moon and quinconce with Rising... And it is also in conjunciton to the 8th house cusp! I love my chart! :D *LOL*

I'd say you tend to approach things in a fast, energetic way, but not superficially, not in a glossing over way (like your post *lol*). Where's your Saturn, Virgo placements man? Looking at those will teach you how to temper out the... psychoness! :D True :P *LOL* ;)
My Saturn is in LIBRA - ARGH!!!! Exalted and strengthened by Pluto in conjunction and Moon in bland opposition, square Venus and sextile with Neptune (I recently discovered how beautiful my Saturn/Pluto sextile to Neptune is! :D *LOL*). LEt's say that I rarely shift to the Libra side of me, you are likely to find me on the Aries side of the axis so often...
No Virgo placements. Maybe a MErcury in 6th house, but not so sure it IS, and not so sure it means anything in the case.

allibee
18-12-2002, 23:50
^_^ You might have a grand trine in water, check that out...

Thanks for your input - which is very accurate I might add - but I'm not sure what grand trine means I'm afraid, but here is what the rest says if it means anything to you, hehehe, coz it really is beyond my comprehension LOL

Sun Trine Moon
Mercury Sextile Mars
Venus Trine Saturn
Venus Square Uranus
Sun Trine Neptune
Moon Trine Neptune
Jupiter Square Neptune
Sun Sextile Pluto
Mercury Sextile Pluto
Mars Conjunct Pluto
Neptune Sextile Pluto

All I can see here is a lot of Neptune and Pluto, does that have any bearing on the fact they are the farthest flung in our galaxy...probably not.... but could account for why I am often 'in a far away place' in my mind, LOL

Edited to add:
From the chart I can see that there is a lot happening in my 11th house, which seems to be mostly in the Leo area next to Cancer (me, LOL):
Uranus 23degrees
North Node 28 degrees
Sagittarius 02 degrees
Pluto 06 degrees

Does everyones MC happen at the time they are born..... is this the starting point of the chart as it were?

allibee

Keslynn
19-12-2002, 13:40
I am a Leo sun with a Leo moon and Sagittarius rising. Overall, I would say that this means that my outside image meshes fairly well (trines) my basic personality (sun). Also, my deeper emotions (moon) are the same as my basic personality. Overall, this makes me a very fiery person, which I am. I am quick to throw myself into things and quick to burn out. The only thing I haven't really burnt out on is spiritual and occult studies. This is probably because of my Sagittarius ascendant and the fact that my sun and moon (and most other of my planets) are in the eighth house (sex, death and the occult). This also leads to my personal identity being very tied in with spirituality and the "metaphysical." I tend to come off as laid back (Sag) but then hitting the Leo is like a brick wall of pure stubborness. *lol* It can be an unpleasant surprise. There's also the Leo tendency for delusions of grandeur. I tend to be outgoing as well which I think is due to all that fire in my chart.

Hmmm. That's all I can really think of now.

:) Kes

Moongold
19-12-2002, 15:36
My Sun in Sagittarius (12th House), Moon in Pisces (3rd House) Ascendant (Capricorn in 1st House) seem to balance each other out. In fact, Capricorn really grounds me. I'd be quite off the air without it, I think. The 12th House is a spiritual place, the 1st house is the house of self and the 3rd House is the immediate environment or community. I've always been on the outer edges in my immediate community - initially family and work. Being gay is the manifestation of that. Eccentric gay makes it a little more challenging.

There are fire, earth and water signs involved but they're not connected in anyway at all significant. Two mutable and one fixed sign.

I am an introvert with fairly intense feelings which burn me up sometimes (LOL). That's the Sag. in 12th in conjunction with a few other planets like Jupiter, Mercury and Uranus. In fact aspects with the other planets seem more important than the inter-relationshio between my Sun, Moon and Ascendant.

The latter three seem to say what the foundations are but the main impact on these comes from the relationships with other planets.

It all seems to be coming together in mid-life, which is rather nice actually.

No sure if that makes sense.

Moongold

isthmus nekoi
19-12-2002, 16:09
Oi! You're right, Pollux, dear Isthmus was *not* paying attn! Mars conj Sun - cripes, man you certainly must have a *presence*. But darling, I'm right w/you w/my Mars conj ASC! Raaaaaaaar! Ok, you can be psychotic, and I'll just be a fruitcake w/my kooky Aqu ideals and sexy Scorpian Uranus ^_~

Heeeeeeeey, Saturn in Libra is a great placement. Like you said, he's exalted in the heavenly balances! I've the same placement, we must be somewhat close to each other in age... (unless you're *really* old jk! ) Now, if you really learn how to work that opposition, you will be a force to reckon with! Saturn in Libra, Pluto and the squaring Venus suggest a need to learn how to play nicely w/the other children Pollux!!! ;)

wow, that is really nice to hear about the accuracy, allibee! Okay, I'll reply more to your post later (and others) but my friends have just buzzed me. Cheers!

(oh my, I'm in quite the good mood now that exams are *finished*!!!)

lunalafey
19-12-2002, 21:40
My Sun, Moon and ASC. are all in earth signs. People say how down to earth I am. I am a HUGH fan of Mother Nature. The Sun and Moon are both in Capricorn, I believe this to be the reason for my serious nature, the physical appearance of non-emotion. BUT this combination leads to putting all the thoughts an emotions out of the sight of others. The goats ambition is fueled by both the ego of the sun and the emotion of the moon, no conflict there, twice the drive? I'm a Virgo ACS. to top it off. Here is the part of me that can sit on that goat hill for days on end and never speak to a single person and be totally content in doing it.
Now all this together is screaming practicallity. I live on very little money and still I get to put some away. I'm not cheap but very conservitive in spending. I don't need much to be content, just the things that are practical and reasonable.
also...I'm not afraid of WORK...

allibee
19-12-2002, 22:37
I for one will look forward to that very much Isthmus, but don't get too much of a hangover from your post exam celebrations!

If it helps you, I added an edit to my last post

allibee

isthmus nekoi
20-12-2002, 07:57
Royal Cat: Sun Scorpio and ASC Leo are an interesting combo. Scorps like to be private, secretive while Leos are all about bravado and showmanship. Chatty and social Gemini works well w/the Leo ASC, but again, Scorps don't like being so open! I'd say that yeah, most ppl probably only get to know the open friendly you, and are probably surprized by a underlying Scorpian intensity! Those who get to know the Scorp you will find that you are actually very loyal and closely tied to family and roots.

allibee: to see if you have a grand trine, look at your water planets. If they are all at the same degree, or very similar, (ie. 11 in Cancer, 14 in Scorp, 13 in Pisces) then you've got one! You have a nice amount of soft aspects in your chart. Trines and sextiles are deemed the 'easiest' ones, these things just come.... but then again, they can also denote a laxity on the native's part b/c they've never had to work hard for those things. I'd look though at astro's chart to see how wide the aspects are b/c astrodienst tends to allow for *very wide* orbs!! Up to 10 degrees in some cases! Generally, the wider the orb, the weaker it is.
MCs are the highest point of a chart. ASC/DC are the horizon. Yes, it "happens" when you are born, just like the positions of the planets. This is usually the angle connected w/goals and career.
The predominance of Neptune and Pluto to personal planets plus the concentration of water suggests that your emotions are very profound. Spirituality and depth of feeling is something you are comfortable with. Watch out for that Mars conj Pluto if it's a tight orb, it packs a punch!! (not necessarily in a bad way. How it plays out depends on where it is, other aspects etc)

Keslynn: yes, those are very harmonious :)

Moongold: happy belated birthday! Yes, those would strike a good balance b/w practicality and spirituality! I think that Pisces moon and Cappy sun might have their differences. Pisces 3rd moon is very sensitive and desires to communicate this, while Cap ASC wants to keep a stiff upper lip. Perhaps when you were younger you sometimes came off unexpectedly emotional? Moon and Sun seem to get along better, seeing as how Sun is in Pisces' house of 12th.

lunalafey: you must be an excellent worker!!!! Detail conscious and efficient Virgo plus ambitious Capricorn get on very well on the job scene. However, like you said, you might have difficulties expressing strong emotions or entertaining impracticalities. Although I don't think you come off as an ice queen, impersonable... I'd expect that more from air signs (like me ^_~)!

allibee
20-12-2002, 19:59
Thank you isthmus, very enlightening :)

allibee

allibee
21-12-2002, 01:39
Interestingly, my daughter - the hormonal Scorpion, hehehe - has her Sun, Moon, Mercury and Mars all in her 10th house.
Her Moon, Mercury and Mars are all within 4 degrees of one another in Libra as is her MC, whilst her ASC is Sagittarius, and her Venus, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are all in her 1st house.

allibee

Royal Cat
21-12-2002, 04:41
Royal Cat: Sun Scorpio and ASC Leo are an interesting combo. Scorps like to be private, secretive while Leos are all about bravado and showmanship. Chatty and social Gemini works well w/the Leo ASC, but again, Scorps don't like being so open! I'd say that yeah, most ppl probably only get to know the open friendly you, and are probably surprized by a underlying Scorpian intensity! Those who get to know the Scorp you will find that you are actually very loyal and closely tied to family and roots.

Wow, thanks Isthmus! This is very interesting and accurate. I think the combination of Scorpio and Gemini helps me to be a little bit more open to change and flexible then a Scorpio without Gemini might be. And I think having Leo probably helps "brighten me up" and keep me out of the gloom and doom behavior that Scorpio's can be fall into. Without Leo asc. I doubt I would've ever had the ambition or interest in opening my own business. Gemini with Scorpio equals a rather dualistic personality - close friends know a different "me" then acquaintances know. I have a lot of Scorpio traits and Scorp intensity... but I keep them hidden from all but a few people - a good scorp knows how to keep secrets hidden.

I recently had a mini handwriting analysis done and, after comparing my handwriting with my signature, the first thing the guy said was: that I come across as very open and friendly, pleasant to talk with... but then after people leave they realize they still don't know anything about me. Here they have spent a half hour talking to me and telling me all about themselves, chatting away... and I'm just smiling and listening instead of sharing. I don't volunteer a lot until I know someone better. I'm quite content to leave my life a mystery.
"Four people knew the very me,
Four is enough, so let it be;
For the rest I make no chart,
There are no highroads to my heart
(Poet Sara Teasdale, "A Reply")

Can you tell me anything more about Gemini in the Eleventh house? I'm still trying to understand that better... how the house or planet affects each sign.

Thanks Isthmus!

Moongold
21-12-2002, 12:34
Isthmus,

I purchased this book this morning and, yes, it does look very interesting and simple. Perhaps it's more suitable for a beginner than Forsyth.

His analysis of Capricorn ascending is very interesting. In fact, all his interpretations seem to be more thoughtful and a little deeper than Forsyth's. I can understand your comment about Pisces Moon conflicting with Cap. ascendant.

The cartoons are wonderful as well.

The process of understanding certainly gets more unteresting. Thanks for your help.

Moongold

isthmus nekoi
22-12-2002, 02:54
allibee: you're very welcome! :)

Royal Cat: Gemini cusping the 11th w/Leo ASC suggests to me someone very socialable, who enjoys the company of others. If it weren't for the Scorp sun, I'd imagine you to be someone who loves the limelight. Perhaps you still like attention, but in a more passive form? Late Jan we'll be covering the 11th house, so this should become more clear as everyone starts looking into it.

Moongold: oh, I had to return that one to the library *sob*... I'm glad you're liking it. While I don't agree w/everything he's written, I think he gives you a solid background and weight to the elements/qualities. I find this lacking in lots of other books which tend to gloss them over. I found his explanation of the houses very helpful b/c most ppl don't group them by element/type which is really a shame.

Also, if anyone thinks my interpretation is off the mark, feel free to explain or correct me, I won't take offense. I'm hardly an expert!

amyel
22-12-2002, 12:10
I've often read this section, but usually keep out of it, because I just don't know that much about deeper astrology. But I'll wade in here.

I also have an astrodienst chart, but have no idea how to read it. Which, from what I have read, kinda makes sense....because:

Sun = Capricorn
Moon = Aquarius
Asc = Libra (my chart says Libra is in the 2nd house, ruled by venus)

All my life, I have flucatuated between being the dependable Cappy, super organized and responsible; being the typical Aquarius, wanting to just take off either literally or not; and letting my Libra asc take over, vis a vis wanting to do the right thing, sometimes at my own personal expense. I truly do not understand why we all just can't get along, and really dislike conflict.

"Intuition" is a word that pops up over & over again in my chart, and this is certainly true. Often, I have no logical reason to decide on a course of action; my "gut" tells me it is the right thing to do, and I follow it. The times I have not followed my inner directional map are the times I have failed/fallen the hardest. The problem is that as a Cappy, I want to know my path, the challenge is that my intuition doesn't often make this clear to me.

The hardest challenge I have is not getting too....cocky...with my strengths. Perhaps this is why I have started down the spiritual path I have - to remind myself that it is not enough to "be right", I must "act right", too. What I mean is that sometimes I have forgotten that that it is not important if I am perceived to be "right" - because it may not be perceived as "doing the right thing". Does that make any sense? The irony is that I struggle so hard to do the right thing!

Any further insights welcome.....

isthmus nekoi
04-01-2003, 08:24
amyel> sorry for the late reply - holiday craziness! In fact, I'll probably be a little scarce until I settle back into a normal schedule.... For more detail, I'd post what houses sun/moon are in...

Yes, Cappy sun and Aqu moon will have their differences. Capricorn as a methodical earth sign will seem too slow for speedy Aquarius. Aquarius will seem too unreliable for Cap. However, Aquarius moon will probably keep a Capricorn sun from being too conservative in thought, or stuck in a schedule which is the downside of having a Cappy sun. Libra ASC might be of help here to balance these 2 out. Check out where Venus, the ruler of Libra is, and whether she makes any aspects to sun/moon.

Yes, intuition isn't viewed as practical by our society and unless other factors sway a chart in another direction, I'd say Caps are probably more reserved about intuition than other signs. As a Cap sun myself, I am very turned off by 'new age' (although strong Scorpio energy keeps me fascinated by things delegated to the new age category!), so intuition can be an uncomfortable thing for Caps. But Aquarius is probably the sign w/the most postmodern frame of mind: every system of belief is relative, margins are as important as the center, so Aquarius moon helps to keep an open mind.

Oh, you do make sense. Reputation falls under the domain of 10th which is ruled by Capricorn and it is difficult to follow a path you know is 'right' when it is not deemed as such by society at large... Karmic payback is also something Saturn deals w/so your comments are very apt. Of course, w/Saturn ruling Capricorn and your sun I'd look for aspects b/w the two, or what Saturn is doing in your chart. Cockiness and hubris is something Saturn does not tolerate and he will not hesitate to cut the ego down to size, to reveal its limitations.

oceanpoetry
26-05-2003, 04:49
interesting thread!
I have Sun 0 Cancer, Moon 15 Virgo conjunct Asc, Virgo Rising. Mercury rules the chart, my approach to life is "mercurial" ...I like to communicate, love to work with ideas and words, enjoy change. Virgo is an Earth sign, so I am a little more grounded than Gemini. My demeanor and how I present myself to the world is more Virgo than Cancer, although I can definitely relate to Cancerian aspects of being emotional and home-loving.

isthmus nekoi
27-05-2003, 03:12
oceanpoetry, you look like you have double Virgo influence, *and* double Cancer, since moon is conj ASC. These two are harmonious since they are sextiling signs. Cancer is nurturing and Virgo is serving, so there's a similarity in theme.

oceanpoetry
27-05-2003, 07:37
I agree the Virgo and Cancer in my chart are harmonious. :) I enjoy using my analytical skills helping others and am intutive and "in tune" to my environment where ever I am. Right now I have transiting Saturn conjunct natal Sun, which I have found is bringing career recognition but also makes me feel much more serious about everything in my life, where I have been and where I am going. This transit has been compared to Saturn return, which I would agree...although so far has been a little easier, because I have felt more prepared.

purplefishy
27-05-2003, 14:45
Sun=Pisces 6Deg 4th house
Asc=Scorpio 11Deg
Moon=Cancer 15Deg 9th house.

Water, water everywhere.........

Am i facing up or down? Do I ever know?
heh.

I also have Uranus in my 1st house. (stationary, r)

CrystalRainbow
27-05-2003, 16:08
I am Sun-Aries 2nd house, Moon-Cancer 4th House, My Asc-pisces

Also:

Mars-Aries 2nd House
Jupiter-taurus 2nd House
Mercury-Taurus 3rd House
Venus-Gemini 4th House
Uranus & Pluto-Virgo 6th House
Neptune-Scorpio 9th House
Saturn-Pisces 12th House

I am a contradiction of things. I am 'out there' but private.
I am strong, yet sensitive. Fiery & Watery.

I reckon it is going to take me years to discover astrologically everything there is to know about me.

isthmus nekoi
28-05-2003, 02:44
purplefishy, that is a nice, triney combination! However, Uranus there in the 1st coupled w/mysterious Scorp ASC should keep you from being predictable. Figure in a fluid Pisces sun, and people may have some difficulty trying to figure you out! Which probably makes you interesting for ppl to get to know you.

CrystalRainbow, that is an interesting combo. Having the Aries sun could energize the Pisces ASC. Also, having Mars dignified in Aries should make you much more descisive and assertive than the typical Pisces ASC. There may be some push and pull, but that strikes a dynamism b/w personal will and serving others. w/o seeing your chart, I'm sensing you have a strong sense of personal values to go w/the sensitivity.

purplefishy
28-05-2003, 06:28
Yeah, you are probably right. Figure me out? I can't really figure me out. I have NO idea how others can either. Hmm. It's hard to tell whether I lean more towards being like a Scorpio, Cancer or Pisces.
Nearly all of my friends are Scorpios, which would explain a lot, but I do get along with certain more sensitive air sign people. I tend NOT to get along with people who are "overly sensitive" because I have a rather sarcastic sense of humor, and those types are easily hurt or offended. I thought that it would be the opposite but it isn't. Very strange.
My roommate is an Aquarius with a Scorpio Moon and a Libra Asc. Sometimes SHE'S a difficult person to figure out but we get along just fine! I tend to be much more decisive and forceful than she is- but I don't know that forceful is something that water sign people are known for, especially Pisces women!
I do have a Pluto hidden factor in the 12th which probably gives me my definite temper. Don't cross me, or the people upstairs will hear me yell about it! Then again, it takes a lot to push me that far.

CrystalRainbow
28-05-2003, 13:43
Yes Isthmus, I am very decisive. No procrastinator here. When I say I am going to do something, I do it. I am assertive. An interesting thing with me though, is the ability to 'leave' things, be it relationships, homes, jobs, security. My family is very important to me, but I don't feel I am overly maternal. Quite a 'matter of fact' person. I am EXTREMELY loyal and my intuition always serves me well.

If you are interested in having a closer look at my chart:

3.15am 18 April 1964
Adelaide
South Australia

Minderwiz
29-05-2003, 00:14
Purplefishy,

I'd opt for you being 'Pisces' well and truly. Your predominant element is Water and your predominant modality is mutable - and these are quite strongly dominant. Combine them into mutable water and you get Pisces.

That being said your House placements provide a fair amount of Balance with the Houses of Life (analagous to Fire) and Substance (analagous to Earth) being prominent.

The modern association of Pisces with Neptune has tended to lead to a view of Pisces as 'wet', 'nebulous' and living in 'dreamland'. The traditional ruler is Jupiter and he provides more drive and direction than the modern image suggests.

isthmus nekoi
29-05-2003, 03:06
CrystalRainbow,

Had a quick look at your chart and yes, you are heavy in the mutable signs which would make you a very adaptable person and able to 'let go' of things. As for family being important, your moon is dignified by sign (Cancer) and accidently by house (4th). It's literally at home w/those placements...

purplefishy
30-05-2003, 07:03
Which are the houses of life and substance?

Minderwiz
30-05-2003, 08:18
Purplefishy,

There are three Houses to each of four general areas of life, so they are often called Trinities.

The Trinity of Life are those corresponding to the Fire Signs so they would be First, Fifth and Ninth.

The Trinity of Substance are those corresponding to the Earth signs - Second, Sixth and Tenth.

The Trinity of Relationships are those corresponding to the Air signs - Third, Seventh and Eleventh and

The Trinity of Endings are the Fourth, Eighth an Twelfth

Arguably planets placed in these houses can help to offset the lack of an element in your element balance. So if you were lacking in Water but had several planets in the Fourth and Eighth Houses that could compensate and provide you with a more balanced chart.

purplefishy
01-06-2003, 06:14
Thank you for all of the helpful info! I have a question regarding a friend of mine. Her Sun is in Aquarius, her moon is in Scorpio, and her Asc is in Libra. Could you tell me how these all work together?

Minderwiz
01-06-2003, 07:06
Hi Purplefishy,

Aquarius Sun will work quite well with Libra Ascendant - both are Air signs and She will certainly find that she is able to easily relate to others, even if her ideas an creative processes have a distinctly individual or analytical dimension to them - she is likely to be a very sociable person The Scorpio Moon suggests that there is hidden depths that are rarely consciously expressed. A strong receptive, intuitive dimension that sometimes clashes with her more analytical conscious mind. Indeed there will be a passionate approach to some areas of life that may rather surprise others. She might actually be someone who it is difficult to get to know on a personal level - keeping herself to herself and only rarely giving glimpses of the strong emotional life beneath the surface.

Adele
06-11-2003, 19:17
hi... talk about confusion... I have sun in leo, gemini moon and cancer rising... my moon sits in the 12H... an air moon in a water hse... all very changeable energies... the moon's dispositor being mercury... also a changeable planet... in the hidden 12H. needless to say, my emotions are VERY changeable!

my moon (gemini) is sextile venus (leo) in the 2H conjunct the sun.

I have a grand trine w/ moon (gemini) 12H, mars (libra) 4H, saturn rx (aquarius) 8H... and it forms a kite w/ jupiter rx (aries) in the 10H opposing mars (libra) 4H... I also have an interception w/ 4H (mars/libra) & 10H (jupiter/aries).

I also have another kite w/ the same grand trine as above... but this time the kite formation is w/ sun/venus (leo) in 2H opposing saturn rx (aquarius) in 8H.

so what do you think of this?

my birth info is: 8.14.63 at 2:52 a.m. fort dix, NJ

thanks.

firestorm
21-11-2003, 01:18
I found this thread very interesting because my sun, moon, ascendent combo seems very incompatible to me. I literally feel like a multiple personality at times ;) I'd be interested in any thoughts/comments.

Sun 10 Taurus 38
Moon 3 Aries 35
Asc. 9 Gemini 15

Mercury 26 Taurus 58
Venus 3 Gemini 48
Mars 9 Aries 07
Jupiter 7 Pisces 06
Saturn 11 Aquarius 04
Uranus 26 Leo 24
Pluto 7 Virgo 36

Physically I'm slow, steady, deliberate (Taurus), and mentally I'm very much my Ascendent, in fact, I identify with being a Gemini a little more than Taurus, but it seems that they're always at odds. Plus, add the Aries moon for a little fire, and things can get real, well, interesting.

silverting
26-11-2003, 10:26
i have leo moon and rising with aries sun(9th house) also the only fire signs i have

i don't really seems leo-like to my friends or those who just met me, i seems more like a quiet,shy nerdy person and is opposite to what i behave or is like with close friends..dont really know much about astrology...

heres my birthdata if you are interested...29/3/1988...1508..singapore

aqua
26-11-2003, 13:23
hi everyone, im new to this thread, and have always wanted to learn more about all of this.
if anyone is interested here is my birth info
02/14/57 3:47am Toronto, Ontario Canada

SUN Aquarius Air Fixed
Moon Leo Fire Fixed
ASC Sagittarius Fire Mutable
MC Libra Air Cardinal

The Air and Fire seem to balance out
and left with the one Mutable and one Cardinal

any input would be greatly appreciated

love this thread, ive learned alot in a short time reading all the great posts

Minderwiz
26-11-2003, 22:14
Welcome to the thread Aqua,

Fire and Air tend to get on well with one another, the signs are at 60 degree intervals (sextiles) and are seen as being diurnal (of the day) and Masculine.

So you have some congruency in your Sun and Moon placements and these are in some harmony to your Ascendant / MC framework.

purplefishy
28-11-2003, 03:43
I'm intrigued by people who have all three elements in their sun moon and asc combo- I have so much water that I'm fascinated by people who might be a little (ok, a lot) more balanced than I. Does that mean that such people are less prone to emotional extremes, or does it mean that they project more of an image of steadiness?

Rhiannon SW
01-04-2005, 22:27
My Sun is in sag
my moon is in sco
and my asc. is in cancer

purplefishy
14-04-2005, 17:35
Just dredging up this old thread to inquire about my friend's combination of sun, moon and asc.
Sun: Gemini
Moon: Aquarius
Asc: Virgo

Any thoughts? I'm not too very familiar with any of those signs (my specialities include more of the watery variety).

isthmus nekoi
15-04-2005, 00:33
purplefishy - Umbrae's a triple Aries and he seems pretty steady to me :)

As for your friend, analytical would be the word that immediately pops to mind with that combo. Both Virgo and Gemini are ruled by Mercury so I except any of the following could relate to your friend: good w/details, facts/trivia (think journalism as opposed to philosophy), adaptibility, speed/efficiency

Rhiannon SW - your water placements tone down your Sag sun a bit. Not a typical party going Sag, you run "deep". You may find as you get older however, that you are grow more into an optimistic, buoyant Sagittarian nature.

prudence
15-04-2005, 17:01
my sun is in pisces
moon is in leo
my asc is pisces

isthmus nekoi
15-04-2005, 23:58
Interesting combo, Astrid! Pisces says "All is One" but Leo wants to feel unique and special :D Perhaps you have a compassionate knack for making others feel special?

prudence
16-04-2005, 08:40
yes, it's very interesting....I am starting to really enjoy it. :)

Rhiannon SW
18-04-2005, 07:46
Rhiannon SW - your water placements tone down your Sag sun a bit. Not a typical party going Sag, you run "deep". You may find as you get older however, that you are grow more into an optimistic, buoyant Sagittarian nature.

Funny I was a major partying Sag when I was young and now due to liver disease mainly I can't party and am tired alot which drives the Sag in me crazy. I hate being stuck in the house or not able to get out and move but my body is too tired half the time so we have battles my body and I.
Something I found interesting is that Sags are prone to Liver problems and then i go and contract HCV from a patient while working as an EMT. Chiron influence there?
Oh well,
Blessings
RSW

bibi
24-05-2005, 18:20
sun in Leo
ascendant Cancer
moon in Libra

Does this mean I'm overly sensitive to remarks cos of my cancer ascendant coupled with leo pride and always try to avoid unpleasant situations?

isthmus nekoi
25-05-2005, 01:43
Well, Cancer squares Libra and inconjuncts Leo so it's a little bit "off" w/your sun and moon energies. Cancer does indicate sensitivity, not sure if you would call it oversensitive. The three blending would indicate to me someone who's quite caring even w/the Cancerian shell.

Incidently, if you don't mind me asking, do your parents find it difficult to connect to you sometimes? (I ask b/c ASC is often the "family role" while sun/moon represent one's parents.)

squeakmo9
25-05-2005, 10:55
Sun and moon in Taurus
ASC in Leo

I was once told by an astologer that I tend to "square" myself off. She said that I cause most of my own problems, self-sabotaging behavior. I can see where that was true early on and would like to believe that I'm improving as I grow older-hopefully :)

wizzle
25-05-2005, 19:45
Thought I'd make an observation about Astrid's sun/moon combo before posting my own stats. I know some earlier threads stated that when the sun and moon were in adjoining signs this was somehow difficult, but I don't find it so. After we have that nice meal in Taurus, we can have a good post meal chat in Geminii; after going into the depths of mysteries and making compost in Scorpio, we can get philosophical about it all in Sagitarius. Squares are tougher, but they at least have the commonality of cardinality, mutability, etc.

I think Astrid's combo, the quincunx, is the toughest on the sun and the moon. There is no commonality at all between the quality of the signs or the area of life. I know this isn't common wisdom so I thought I'd throw it in.

Didn't someone at the beginning of this thread have a yod? (two planets sextile each other and quincunx the third). That's not called "the finger of god" for nothing.

And I think it's wrong to think of water as somehow weak. Fluid, yes. Weak no. After all, it wears away stones and douses fires. 2/3's of our planet is made of water and it can freeze into some huge and nasty hailstones or become an iceberg to sink Capricornian's Titanic.

prudence
29-05-2005, 15:22
Thanks for this, wizzle. Does this cause the discomfort I pointed to earlier in the thread? (the feeling sometimes of being "torn") Also, I was wondering if my sun being at 00 degrees Pisces has any bearing on this feeling of discomfort or extremes of personality?

wizzle
04-06-2005, 07:11
Not to criticize or anything, but the ascendent is THE interface between our souls and our environment, hence, our bodies. I see NO discussions of how anyone looks or interfaces with our world through their ascendent's sign and aspects.

I've deferred my own reply because this is a very complicated subject. I need to both think it through and do research.

I'd certainly like to see some posters revisit their ascendents in light of my comment.

isthmus nekoi
04-06-2005, 09:58
wizzle,

You may want to bear in mind that this thread started out as one for beginners to slowly integrate different aspects of their chart, so perhaps it may seem superficial to a more learned reader. I had just started learning astro w/this thread too, so it's strange to see it active again. I'd love to see some of the posters reassess their placements, but I suspect most of them have probably left after gaining some initial impressions. Which is fine, to each his own.

As for the link b/w the ASC and the body, this link may be of interest to you: http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces - I doubt it could be used to verify anything scientifically as it seeks to do, plus the accuracy of the ASC sign is questionable, but at least there are some non-Caucasian examples.

prudence
04-06-2005, 11:16
Not to criticize or anything, but the ascendent is THE interface between our souls and our environment, hence, our bodies. I see NO discussions of how anyone looks or interfaces with our world through their ascendent's sign and aspects.

I've deferred my own reply because this is a very complicated subject. I need to both think it through and do research.

I'd certainly like to see some posters revisit their ascendents in light of my comment.
hi wizzle,
I don't quite understand, do you mean we have had no discussions about how we physically look, our body types, in relation to ascendant? (btw, I am pretty new to astrology, so I do apologise for not understanding this!)

wizzle
04-06-2005, 13:38
wizzle,

You may want to bear in mind that this thread started out as one for beginners to slowly integrate different aspects of their chart, so perhaps it may seem superficial to a more learned reader. I had just started learning astro w/this thread too, so it's strange to see it active again. I'd love to see some of the posters reassess their placements, but I suspect most of them have probably left after gaining some initial impressions. Which is fine, to each his own.

As for the link b/w the ASC and the body, this link may be of interest to you: http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces - I doubt it could be used to verify anything scientifically as it seeks to do, plus the accuracy of the ASC sign is questionable, but at least there are some non-Caucasian examples.

You make a good point isthmus. But I posted my comment because this was a beginners thread. Integrating all of the points/aspects/houses/planets is the tricky part of astrology. And that can't be done without understanding the basics. They are IMO:

1. Planets represent energies (WHAT). We all have every energy we need. The energy of the planets represent the material/earth (venus, saturn), aspiration/fire (sun, jupiter, mars), emotion/water (moon, neptune, pluto) and thought/air (mercury, uranus). Period. We don't "lack" earth, water, etc. because we don't have planets in some signs. I used to think that, btw because of the text explanations.
2. Signs are HOW those energies express themselves. What and how can be comfortable or at odds. We can't possibly have planets in every sign, so our expression of earth, for example, may be unconventional according to the textbooks or downright odd.
3. Houses are WHERE the energy is expressed. And the Ascendent is a very very special where. It is where we were created into material being, hence the association of our body with the rising sign. It is the mask we present to the world.

We may have the soul of Mozart but look like Vulcan. Or we may have the soul of a serial killer but look like a madona. The sun and moon are the primary keys to that inner soul but the body is the primary mask.

I've been re-reading one of my older asto texts. It was so bold as to say things like "and the native with this rising sign will be slim, blond, with steady eyes and an open expression." Wow!! Pure bunk, in my not so humble oppinion. BUT, the rising sign and it's ruler ought to be able to describe at least the mask with which we face our world. As an aside, can you imagine doing a reading for an Afro-American or someone from China that explains that they are a tall, blond based on their rising sign?

I'll post my unholy trinity, I promise. Then you can have at.

In the mean time, posters might want to review their ideas in light of my comments. Examples....how do you use your body? are you clumsy? crafty?
How do you come on at a party or at work (the place where your mask is most in evidence) Are you reserved? in everyone's face? What is your attitude towards clothes? If the ascendent is our body/mask for facing the world, clothes are our mask for the mask.

What I'm hoping for is that folks will be able to distinguish their sun and moon energies from where they go about them when entering the world (ascendent). Otherwise, we end up with that stupid "sun sign" GOO beloved of pop astrologists.

p.s. I hope I answered Astrid's question too. My readings of the posts were that the descriptions were sort of like soup....it was all there but you couldn't tell the carrots from the potatoes. In what ways is the lunar energy channeled? How is it different from the sun/ascendent? Example: if you chat a lot is that because you have sun in geminii or a virgo ascendent?

isthmus nekoi
05-06-2005, 03:21
I've been re-reading one of my older asto texts. It was so bold as to say things like "and the native with this rising sign will be slim, blond, with steady eyes and an open expression." Wow!! Pure bunk, in my not so humble oppinion.

Ah yes! That was exactly my problem w/some older astrology texts. They only described Caucasians. I've Mars conj my Aquarian ASC, so apparently I'm supposed to have red hair; not in the family genes I'm afraid. I do however have a beauty mark on my temple, just as Lilly has described and I was in a car accident that left a scar around my eyebrow. As for a more general observation, as a fixed sign ASC, my appearance doesn't change much. I don't have any piercings, same hairstyle since I was a preteen, consistent weight etc. Clothes becomes more complex. I think other factors in conjunction w/the ASC sign determine clothing style b/c they are also a purchase/possession.

I find that b/c the ASC is the way one interfaces w/their environment, ppl often identify more w/their ASC, sometimes more than the sun sign. It often symbolizes the social role one adapts to, and not as "core" as the sun.

prudence
05-06-2005, 05:00
I have been thinking about this question, and after reading Isthmus' reply, I have a better understanding...

my sun is 00 degrees pisces in 12th house
my moon is 16 degrees leo in 5th house
my asc is 22 degrees pisces in 1st house

ok, so this means my asc is a mutable sign. My appearance has changed quite a lot over the years, first I was very skinny, then over the last 10 years or so, I have become, not so skinny! But as far as clothing is concerned, it has stayed fairly similar, for as long as I remember. I have not read any books that mentioned how one looks, in regards to astrological placements...Is there a typical pisces "look"? (I am cauc, blond to light brown hair, green eyes, not tall, small frame) I have read that pisces "rules the feet" and I can attest to the fact that I have had foot troubles for about 5 or 6 years.

Also, with my asc in the 1st house, does this tie into my self image even more since 1st house is about self image? I have always run a way from and not been too fond of the pisces bit, and this is why I have only just started looking at astrology! But, looking at my chart, with just a little more understanding, it seems there is no way I can run away from that pisces energy. (I am now much more okay with the pisces stuff, but this explains a lot of the self loathing that went on in my 20's)

prudence
05-06-2005, 05:13
2. Signs are HOW those energies express themselves. What and how can be comfortable or at odds. We can't possibly have planets in every sign, so our expression of earth, for example, may be unconventional according to the textbooks or downright odd.
3. Houses are WHERE the energy is expressed. And the Ascendent is a very very special where. It is where we were created into material being, hence the association of our body with the rising sign. It is the mask we present to the world.

Wizzle, thank you for this! I really understand what you are explaining...this is all very complex, and the way you said this made perfect sense to me. (#2 really hit it home for me) I have been thinking along those lines of, wow, I have no earth in my chart etc...and have met a lot of newbies to the subject who are doing the same thing...

wizzle
05-06-2005, 07:02
I can't tell you how pleased I am that my explanation is at all helpful. It's not out of a text book; it's what makes sense to me. I am trying very hard to to stay out of textbooks so I can develop a deeper understanding of astrology. Also, I've never been happy with textbook explanations of the ascendent. They always sounded just like sun-signs to me.

I do want to ammend my statement that houses represent "where." That's a good keyword, but probably saying they are "areas of life" is a better description. AOL's, as it were <<grin>>

With this expanded description, the body as the primary vehicle for the 1st area of life still applies and the body is how the world sees us. And we can add the idea that this is the way we see the world, both literally and metaphorically.

Since I'm developing these ideas on the fly, please feel free to disagree or whatever.

rcb30872
05-06-2005, 22:34
Here is my astrological chart info

Sun in Virgo 7 degrees, 24 minutes
Moon in Taurus 26 degrees, 29 minutes
Ascendent in Capricorn 22 degrees, 14 minutes

There is more stuff, but I have only put in what is relevant to this thread.

My sun is in the 7th house, which means that I am interested in relationships and that I do better working with other people than by myself. So true!! Especially when it comes to exercise type situations!! I love to share. I will be successful with the associations and people in general because of my good manners and charms.

My moon is in the 3rd house, which means that my feminity will manifest itself through the power of my mind and intuition. I am very restless, and may travel a lot and form many connections with people. I am capable of understanding other people's feelings and to convey sensations and states of mind. I cannot stand routine. I can be be a romantic and an imaginative dreamer.

Capricorn rising (1st house cusp). People see me as a serious, hard-working and responsible woman. I have great intelligence and a practical sense so that I can solve most of my problems. I do not like to depend on others and I am used to assuming all responsibilities including, sometimes, others. I am neither highly communicative not interested in superficial relationships because I value my time. My childhood has led me into maturing head of time. I have developed the ability to command. So true, especially with problems associated between my mum and dad, I was the one telling mum that she had to do this and that, and getting her to do it along with helping. If I overcome negative and pessimistic attitudes, I will gain much success in my life

Bec

isthmus nekoi
06-06-2005, 03:27
Astrid O, Pisces energy is very misunderstood and undervalued in N. American society, I've found. Couple that w/the 12th house sun and it may be a bit more of a challenge to express your Piscean side. (But worth the effort!)

As for lack of element or empty signs/houses in a chart, it certainly doesn't mean that's not there in your life. Transits, progressions and the environment you're born into will help you integrate these parts into your life. I find those w/a lack of element find it easier to access that element through their environment. My bf has no earth like you, and loves woodworking for example.

wizzle,

Yes, textbooks can only take you so far. Who would you rather give you an operation? A doctor who's read all the textbooks or a doctor who's operated many times before? A balance of both is best I'm sure, but b/c texts I've read seem to be very N.American in their sensibility, I've found I've had to shift them a lot in order to apply them to many of the charts I've read. (ASC appearance being a good example.)

As for the ASC, I prefer the word matrix to mask. Mask implies the ASC sign is something outside of yourself that you put on to face the world whereas I see the ASC as an integral part of a person that you can't just take off.

bec,

You've got some strong earth going there! I hear ya about the exercise ;)

prudence
07-06-2005, 15:43
[QUOTE=isthmus nekoi]Astrid O, Pisces energy is very misunderstood and undervalued in N. American society, I've found. Couple that w/the 12th house sun and it may be a bit more of a challenge to express your Piscean side. (But worth the effort!)

As for lack of element or empty signs/houses in a chart, it certainly doesn't mean that's not there in your life. Transits, progressions and the environment you're born into will help you integrate these parts into your life. I find those w/a lack of element find it easier to access that element through their environment. My bf has no earth like you, and loves woodworking for example.

~ahhh, things are coming more clear to me now. This must be why I love sculpting, this is also something I have begun doing only in the past few years. Maybe this has something to do with my relocating in California...

rcb30872
07-06-2005, 23:32
Very good point Astid O. I have read that if there are certain elements that you are lacking in the chart then you have to work on developing them. For me, I think that I need to develop more Water qualities in myself (and probably Fire). Does that make sense?

Bec

prudence
08-06-2005, 09:58
Hi Bec, thanks, yes it does make very good sense. (lots of Earth in your sun/moon/asc). I am wondering, can a solution to lack of, say water, be as simple as choosing to swim once a week?

To me, if a solution is that simple in astrology, then there's nothing to fret over regarding charts....or is this seeing it too simplistically? So, I guess what I am asking is, is it really this easy?

Thanks again, this is helping me to understand some things that so far had really stumped me.

rcb30872
09-06-2005, 08:56
Hi Bec, thanks, yes it does make very good sense. (lots of Earth in your sun/moon/asc). I am wondering, can a solution to lack of, say water, be as simple as choosing to swim once a week?

Good point. Pity I am not a good swimmer. But in my case I will first need to start on drinking more water!!!!!

Bec

light2000
16-07-2005, 10:28
Hello!!

My sun is virgo 18 degrees 2th house
My moon is gemini 5 degrees 10th house
My asc. is leo 11 degress

Im pretty new at astrology.
I think this 3 is the most important planets on one chart. They dont have any aspects.

The sun on the 2th house make me an anbicious woman (i think) and very possessive.
The pleasure is very important for me, and ishould work hard for see my objectives acomplish.

Im pretty like this at my spiritual side, always more and more objectives, but at money i dont think im not like this.

isthmus nekoi
17-07-2005, 02:45
light2000,

That's a pretty good interpretation for sun in 2nd. 2nd is a very practical house, but it also refers to values. So as you said, value doesn't have to mean money, it can be a spiritual thing too!

Gemini and Virgo - these may be squaring signs, but they are both ruled by the same planet Mercury, so they have something in common. Both Gemini and Virgo bring up themes of details and speed. Gemini is more focused on the communication end while Virgo is more analytical and critical. Do you think those things relate to you (pls don't be afraid to say no if you don't think so!)? Leo is a bit different. Leo brings up themes of being special, being the center of attention, being proud/regal etc. If you can relate to any of the signs, how do you think they mix together?

light2000
17-07-2005, 04:29
Hello nekoi!!

light2000,

That's a pretty good interpretation for sun in 2nd. 2nd is a very practical house, but it also refers to values. So as you said, value doesn't have to mean money, it can be a spiritual thing too!

Yes, i think so too. Im new but im trying hard to learn astrology.
I want always more at my spiritual life butat money i only want security.
I have my sun at conjuction whith mercury, venus and saturn.
So i think this point is more significant at my chart.
Like i have leo rising the sun rules my chart, so this conjuctions is more important too.
The saturn conjucyion whith my sun turn things hard, and make me slow to make decision, but when i do one, seems that all the universe try to help me.

I think this conjuctions make me very focous, but very slow, my venus conjuction whith sun and mercury say (i think) that my way of love and thinking depend of my mood and energy.

My mercury conjuction whith venus make me a very comunicative person whith my partener but very analitical.

Gemini and Virgo - these may be squaring signs, but they are both ruled by the same planet Mercury, so they have something in common. Both Gemini and Virgo bring up themes of details and speed. Gemini is more focused on the communication end while Virgo is more analytical and critical. Do you think those things relate to you (pls don't be afraid to say no if you don't think so!)? Leo is a bit different. Leo brings up themes of being special, being the center of attention, being proud/regal etc. If you can relate to any of the signs, how do you think they mix together?

I dont have square betewn my sun and moon, but they are rule by mercury as you said.
I have a fast mind, i learn everthing, i see all the details, i remenber always aconversation and like my friends say i should be a dectitive :D .

I like a lot comunicate (gemini) i have a fst mind, and a few times i made a mistake of intrpretation, you know, i listen all but i read what people dont talk, is why im a good psycologist i think.
You are completly right, nekoi.
I dont keep bad fellings inside of me, when a person does bad tgings to me i try to not crticize, but when i think is enought, all that thisperson did i say.
And they stay very amazingbecasue they dont remenber, but when i explod all come into my mouth.
But at general i try to not be analitical and critical whith people.

And my rising sun turns me a very positive person, a lilte dramatic, the center of the attention.
What makes this very complicate because my virgo sun is modest and shy.

So when i meet some one for the frist time im shy, and then im a very talk person.
But year after year im becoming more leo, i dont am very shy at the moment.
I have a lot of creative, people love my conversations and opinions.

But my mood influence a lot my comunication and thoughts.

I think over the years im turning more leo and gemini, my virgo side is turning less strong , what is weird because i have 4 important planets at this sign all of them at the 2th house and conjuction.

I see this planets at my spiritual side, im truly me at spirituality, i see my values and changeles on this side.

So to answer your question, how i think they mix togheter:

I think im modest inside, im critical and analitical whith things i see on tv, but whith person maybe the saturn conjuction make me a tolerant people, i only am critial whith people afetr long time, im slow to judge others.
At my spiritual side im a good student, very organize.

My gemini moon, makes me a talk person, very comunicative, maybe a litle impaciante, but i have always things to say.
I have always a word at the end.

My leo rising, make my conversation very positive, all or nothing, i have always an opinion to everthing.
Like im dramatic and a litle threatal, people like to listen me, but sometimes i repeat my self to much.
Leo truns me a funny person, that likes to tell my good things, but my sun virgo i say my bad things too.
At the past this didnt made me a sample person, i was to complex, over the years im turning very easy one.

I seperate things, at work im very analitical and critical, but my leo rising hate orders, so i sould be free at my woork.
And my gemini moon, gives me some ups and downs, like you never know how i will act at a situation.

Well, like i said im new at this, but what i read and leared so far say me this.

I hope you can give me your opinion, and say if i see this thigns corectly or not. If i see this planets right or not.

Thanks.

Armspt
30-03-2007, 22:21
I started learning to read my natal chart last monday and I'm still very confused and can't figure out some aspects that are there. Anyway, I'm searching for answers in anyway I can and I'd apreciate any kind of help.

I have my Sun in Libra, 11th house at 120'24" and the cusp of the 11th house ends at 28'Libra. So I guessed I should relate the Sun to the 12th as well. Am I right?

My Moon is in Pisces, in opposition to my Sun. It's in my 5th house at 2742'34".

I am Scorpio rising at 1157'. So I guess I show myself out as a Scorpio!? Oh! I don't know if it's important but my Mars is in conjunction with my ASC in the first house. My Mars is at 1723'39"!

If any one can help me with this, I'd like it. Because this is really mind-troubling to me.

Hugs

Morwenna
26-08-2010, 04:14
Why did it take me so long to get into these astrology threads? I've been into astrology for over 40 years! And I've been here on AT for a couple years now.

I have sun in Aquarius (3rd house) square moon in Scorpio (12th). This makes for an interesting internal battle most of the time. Also it makes me out front with my opinions and secretive about a lot of inner things; even my husband gets on me sometimes for over-sharing external things and under-sharing inner ones (and things that make me fearful). Oddly enough, though I would love to be a writer (witness the acres of full notebooks I've piled up), one of the hardest things to share is the fruits of my imagination.

Sagittarius rising: foot-in-mouth disease. :D All my life.

Venus in Capricorn: a real traditionalist about love (for myself--for anyone else, whatever they want is OK by me).

Mercury in Pisces: yes, I really love communicating about esoteric things, like this here. :)

Mars in Aquarius (though it's not a conjunction): nothing gets my back up more than unfairness! And disregard for the individual!

I've forgotten most of the exact houses and whether there are any more aspects. I'll have to find my chart again, or re-do it (easier than ever now that everything's on computer).