Crystals for good sleep/dreams

HearthCricket

What would be a nice grouping of small crystals/polished stones to keep on one's bedside table for sound sleep and pleasant/happy dreams? Thank you!

Storm82

I recomend amethyst :)
it also keeps you from oversleep :)

HearthCricket

I have an amethyst merkaba that I am expecting in the mail, any day now. Would that work well?

So far I have also gather angelite, pink agate, and rose quartz. I am trying to make a little altar by my bed for sleep, comfort and good dreams. I also have a card from the Healing with the Fairies and some fairydust in two bottles, inspired from a story someone special told me to help put me to sleep!

BodhiSeed

Hi HC,
You might want to think about why you are having a hard time falling asleep:
Are you anxious are worried about anything? If so you might try a lithium quartz or lepidolite. Is your mind running so fast that it just won't shut down? Then you might try a black or brown gemstone for grounding. I also like to place things in my bedroom that look restful/peaceful. For instance, you might like one of these curled up, napping gemstone cats:
http://www.phoenixorion.com/phoenixorion/crystalcarvings0.htm
Hope your dreams are sweet!

Dancing Bear

I have a lovely Lump of clear quartz crystal next to my bed..

My mum has a bowl of assorted crystals next to hers.. she individually chose each one, that either meant something to her or had a medicinal property that would help with an ailment.. her little bowl gets added to every now and then :) depends on what she needs.. I do think depends on what you need in your life, depends on the crystals and gemstone you choose for you!! all are good for when awake and asleep..

here is a nice site which has some nice gemstone meanings...
its probably been posted before but here it is again ;)

http://www.crystal-cure.com/

here is a link within the one above that tells you all the good dream stones...

http://crystal-cure.com/article-dreamstones.html

memries

Oh my gosh Bodhran.. one more thing to buy.. or a few ! They are so cute and you don't have to get up for them. Thanks for the site.

Sebavin

Thank you Dancing Bear and bodhran for those links :). I'm afraid I will need one of those sleeping kitties for my very own :D.

BodhiSeed

Glad to enable you, Memries and Sebavin! :D

HearthCricket

Thank you for the advice, so far! I have gathered a few stones for pleasant dreams, comfort, sleep. I am not sure why I am not sleeping well. I think it is a mix of a lot of things. Going to bed too late and not getting enough sleep, too much on my mind, trying to fall asleep before it is time to get up, etc.! You know that vicious circle! That is why I am trying to creat a special atmopshere. To calm and comfort me and let me drift away, and if I wake, I can just look at it until I am ready to drift again....

Cactus

I'm bringing back this thread because I have to share my experience with my clear quartz and amethyst.

As soon as I started sleeping with these two crystals under my pillow and visualizing their energies helping me to sleep, I can tell you that it totally worked.

As soon as I'd wake up (and go to the bathroom or whatever) and realize I'd have a hard time getting back to sleep, I'd either remember the crystals or I'd actually grab one from under my pillow, let myself be soothed by the thought that they are there and will help me...I'd immediately relax and I'd be asleep in no time.

I'd remember the next morning that it took me no time at all to get back to sleep. I've not had a problem since!