Life Coaching

brennamor

Does anyone know of a reputable program that offers online life coach training?

I'm very interested in combining life coaching with Tarot readings but I'd like to test the waters first.

Before I invest any money in it, I want to see if there are any decent programs online (getting to an actual class would be very challenging right now).

I thought I remembered a program that offered free online classes but of course I can't find it now.

Thanks a lot.

satinangel

Krista-Lynn Landolfi is a GREAT life coach. You can google her, she pops right up. Not sure of her fee structure, but I know she's good.

Aerin

brennamor, you are right to be cautious, there's a lot of sharks out there...

I can't remember the US site that IS reputable right now but if I do I'll post. There's a US based organisation that accredits courses that is meant to be good.

Do be careful though. Lots of sharks.

Aerin

brennamor

Thank you both for that information. I really am cautious about this stuff because it is so easy to hang up a shingle that says "Life Coach" (as easy as it is to hang up one that says "Tarot Reader") but I want to make sure I have some clue about this stuff before I hang up anything.

On another note - can anyone recommend some starter books in this area?

Aerin

Ok, this is the organisation I was thinking of

http://www.coachfederation.org/ICF/

A course accredited by them will at least give peace of mind that you wll be allowed to practice (apparently some clients/ companies/ US States? insist), and also their criteria are strict which puts out a lot of the charlatans. Of course there will be good courses which aren't accredited, and that's a risk you take.

These people are ICF accredited and do online training (and it was set up by a brilliant coach Thomas J. Leonard a few years ago, don't know what it is like now)

http://www.coachville.com/home/index

You can join for free and check it out. They used to have some great free resources and teleclasses so it's worth signing up IMO even if you decide not to spend the money and time actually going through the training process.

Aerin

brennamor

Thanks lunalafey and Aerin. The links proved very useful. I'll have to check them out in more depth.

Nimbus

When I took my coaching courses, I took them through Coach U located here: http://www.coachinc.com/CoachU/

It was great as the courses were held weekly via teleclass and the written material was provided on CD and included not only the course material which was covered in detail during the class, but also included extra information useful for setting up a coaching practice. I took the shorter one-year version about 6 years ago as I was not sure if I would enjoy it or would be able to complete the entire program. It was a nice introduction and I learned a lot. Not sure if it is still offered.

I did not continue as I knew I would never be a full-time coach in real life and was heading back to get my doctoral degree (one year left!) in my primary profession. I really did enjoy the coaching courses and it was a very worthwhile program that helped my tarot practice immensely. It helped me learn how to work with the querant in a very interactive way in terms of being able to have them identify for themselves steps they can take to arrive at possible solutions to begin to moving life forward from their current state or situation. The tarot is a nice compliment to this process as it simply gives more ‘food for thought’.

Good luck on your journey!

brennamor

Thanks Nimbus. I'll have to check the site out more later.

Splungeman

I know nothing about life coaching. I just have to laugh when I hear the term, though. I always think of a red-faced sports coach hurling obscenities at some ref. If I had a life coach I'd want them to be like that.

Imagine someone just getting fired or broken up with and the life coach comes out of nowhere and starts screaming at the boss/boyfriend/girlfriend, "NO NO NO! That's $%#$@#! No FAIR!! No FAIR!!! YOU're outta line!! Get you're head in this thing you $%^#%$ IDIOT!! That's a FOUL! That's a FOUL! #%$$#!!!!

:)