When De-Enabling Fails.

Debra

You thought you wanted a particular deck...but you knew in your heart of hearts that you didn't reeeeally want it.

You went to the De-Enabling Thread. You asked for help.

Help was offered.

You bought the damn deck anyway.

Now ... it haunts you. Hard-earned money on the shelf or in the drawer, sitting there like a lump of cold fish, or worse.

What do you do with this yacky deck?

gregory

This has never REALLY happened to me.... I do have two (now) decks I don't like - but I do collect so what the bleep..... :| I keep them ALL..... :|

I do need de-enabling regularly on financial grounds.... I didn't really NEED the Portmeirion.... But it's ever so nice, and I had resisted for a whole year..... And it brings back Prisoner and I am a hopeless addict and.....

I'm not helping, am I ??? *backs out slowly*

Aerin

Put on a trade train.

Find some other sucker who wants it.

Trim it.

Play cards with it..... and you can turn it into a 52 pack with say Death and The World as jokers if you don't want to play Tarrochi.

Use it for collage.

errr.....

That's it.

OR.... you could hug it and love it because the naysayers may have been wrong as far as your taste in decks go.

Aerin

Aerin

gregory said:
I didn't really NEED the Portmeirion.... But it's ever so nice, and I had resisted for a whole year..... And it brings back Prisoner and I am a hopeless addict and.....

There's a Portmeiron????

Does it have a lot of crockery, or is it just a crock?

Aerin

Debra

Oh crap, I put this in the wrong place.

Plus Aerin has such a long list of possibliites...will this be a thread, or just a little whisp of dust?

firefrost

Aerin said:

Aerin

Depends on if you're a fan of 'The prisoner' or not.

If hubby had been into tarot, I'd have bought him this deck a loooong time ago.

As it was - I looked at it and de-enabled myself fairly easily. :|

gregory

Aerin said:
There's a Portmeiron????

Aerin
NONE. And it is LOVELY. I will not tell you where to find it :D

You can paper your walls with decks :D I know of someone who had some printed on bathroom tiles..... But I guess if you hate it.....

firefrost

Debra said:
Oh crap, I put this in the wrong place.

Plus Aerin has such a long list of possibliites...will this be a thread, or just a little whisp of dust?

It's a thread now!

Alta

Debra, go and read all the threads where people hated a deck for a long time then suddenly loved it. Or threads where they re-discovered a deck they had but hadn't clicked at the time. Or do a 2 week IDS on it, force yourself to use it.

Give it a chance, there was something in the initial attraction.

Alta

gregory

This is true, Alta :love: - but this thread was started as a result of people wanting such ideas in the de-enabling one, and not being able to discuss it there !!!!!