Look at these Tarot Boxes!

Debra

I have four handmade tarot boxes I got from the etsy seller lavengro and I am astounded. Take a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/debrascards/

They have a bunch already made on their etsy site and will do custom orders--we had nice e-mails back and forth. I'm especially delighted that the Tarot of Paris deck in its somewhat battered box fits perfectly into the box with the Astronomer from, um, the Tarot of Paris!

MeeWah

These are lovely boxes--& nicer than the original deck boxes, too.

Thanks for sharing. Guess there will a run to that site now :D

Debra

At those prices I'm surprised he has anything left.

MsRubyRain

Those are beautiful boxes. Are they lined on the inside?

~Blessings~

Satori

AJ said:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5590884 is the direct link. I'm afraid to type in tarot there, who knows what delicious items might pop up.

Did you see the Pamela Coleman Smith box??? It is so touching to me to have a box with her on it....don't you think? I'm not a huge fan of her artwork, but the relevance of her contribution, and her not ever knowing when she was alive what impact her work would have. To see her so young in that picture, what might have been going through her mind...I get shivery.

Debra

MsRubyRain said:
Those are beautiful boxes. Are they lined on the inside?

~Blessings~

No, and that's very smart. The inside is smooth, acid-free mattboard, like very high quality cardboard. I've got a deck where the colored paper on the box is folded over inside the box and the color has rubbed off on the cards. But with these boxes, the interior is completely clean, and there's no place where the paint or coatings could stain or chip off onto the cards.

I like all of them, including Pixie but also the High Priestess and the Mosaic and the William Blake.

Excuse me, I must go admire them on the shelf again.

Emily

They look really nice and sturdy - I'm still looking for the perfect box for my Liber T - it's a shame but I don't think boxes like that would travel well over to here - knowing our postal service, it would probably arrive flat.

Tarotphelia

Arrive flat ? No way - they are strong boxes and very well packed too . I have some of them myself . They're very cool , especially for vintage collector decks that have lost their boxes along the way , or for modern decks that deserve extra protection. I had one made for my Hoi Polloi , and eventually I will get one for my Greenwood Tarot.