Horary Astrology

Lavandula

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the readings thread, but I was wondering if anyone could do horary astrology for a lost object?
Fingers crossed ....
L

willowfox

Just put your question up and someone here will give it a go, probably me.

Minderwiz

There are several of us who are interested in horary astrology. Post your question in a format similar to:

Where is my necklace?' (or whatever the object is).

If you are trying to narrow down the possible locations, you could phrase the question in the format:

'Is my necklace in the bedroom?' but obviously if it isn't you will only get the answer 'no'. You can't work your way through the house, or indeed other properties and places as both us and the universe will lose interest. So if you have no clear idea simply keep to the first format and ask where the object is.

Can I also ask you to state your location and the time when you post your question. Normally the important information is the time and place where the Astrologer understands your question but in this case this will produce a variety of charts, depending on where and when your post is spotted. Having a common time and place at least allows us to compare answers. Each astrologer who responds can also cast a chart for the time and place he or she understands your question.

Lavandula

thank you

Thank you both (and anyone else who wants to give this a shot!).

I'm looking for my Dad's camera. It's a Minolta film SLR from the 70's. The last time I remember seeing it was perhaps 8 or 9 years ago. I borrowed it (with Dad's blessing!) from time to time, but I am sure I gave it back. My sister also used it. She thinks I have it, I'm sure I don't, Dad is sure one of us does. He's having some health problems at the moment and finding solace in returning to his old love of photography. I would LOVE to relocate this beloved camera.

So. Where is Dad's camera? I'm in Melbourne, Australia. Right now it is Sunday May 25th, 8:36 am.

Thanks again to anyone who can help.

willowfox

From what I can see is that you don't have the camera anymore, you gave it back to your father who put it somewhere upstairs in his house or on top of a cupboard or something. It suggests a southerly direction in his house.

Lavandula

Thanks Willowfox, that gives me a nice start. I'll let you know how things go.

Minderwiz

Based on the chart cast when I first read your question, I think the camera is with your sister.

The camera is the moveable property (second house) of your father (fourth house). The second from the fourth is the fifth house and in my chart that is ruled by Jupiter (Pisces). Jupiter therefore symbolises the camera. I find Jupiter in the third house, which is the house of siblings and neighbours (as well as short journeys). Given that your sister is involved with the camera the most likely interpretation is that she currently has the camera, whether she knows it or not.

The third house is also ruled by Saturn (Capricorn) which means that Jupiter is in Fall, so I would interpret this to mean that the camera is not in particularly good physical condition (though that's not suprising at that age).

As Saturn also rules the fourth, (Aquarius) Saturn is an appropriate symbol for your father.

Although Jupiter is retrograde (which might symbolise the return of the camera) There is no obvious aspect with you or your sister or father. However if you and your sister have a mutual friend it's possible that they might be instrumental in the return (Translation of light by the Moon from Jupiter (camera) to Mercury (ruler of the eleventh house of friends).

Such a friend might have seen the camera at your sister's and remember if prodded!

I'll have a look at the Melbourne version of the chart and see if that throws up any more insights.

Edited to Add:

I should have mentioned that Capricorn signifies dark or hidden places, so the camera is obscured and probably has been for a long time.

I should also point out the 'late' ascendant, being 29 degrees 14 minutes of Libra. The considerations before judgement would suggest that a judgement at this time is too late - that is it is very likely that the camera cannot be recovered in any reasonable time frame, if at all. However I'm sure that Lilley would have made a judgement.

Finally a second check of the chart reveals that the Moon will aspect Mars before Mercury. Now Mars is ruler of your Dad's fourth, his house of buried treasure (lost property) so that might strengthen the chance of a recovery. The Moon is slow in motion, so it won't be soon.

Minderwiz

Based on the Melbourne chart set for the time you posted

The camera is signified by Mars, ruler of your father's second house. The camera is in the radical second house, suggesting that it could be in a safe place at your home - though hidden because Mars is in Leo, a fixed sign, which can denote hidden places. Mars is peregrine, which suggests again that the camera is not in the best condition (not unexpected given its age)

More likely the camera is with a friend - either at the home of one of your friends (the radical second is the fourth (home) from the eleventh (friends) or one of your father's friends (the radical second is the eleventh from the fourth).

It is unlikely that the camera will be found soon. The Moon will aspect Venus (ruler of the fourth) and go on to aspect Mars so a possible translation of light. However in doing so the Moon must change signs and this at best indicates a long delay and at worst suggests that it is too late to effect recovery.

Action you can take:

On this chart rule out the possibility of the chart being with you by searching those places where you keep valuable safe. Alll the places that you have used over the past few years.

On the chart I cast for my own location get your sister to do the same, a complete search of her property

Ask yourself if you can recall taking the camear to a friend's house or loaning it to a friend.

Ask your Dad if he can remember lending the camera to one of his friends.

Neither chart suggests an early resolution of the problem

silverwings94

May I ask a question? I lost one of my diamond hoop earrings. I have searched the house but can't find it.My husband gave them to me for my 50th birthday, and I am very upset that I can't locate it.
I live in Hamlin, New York USA. It is 8:16 PM EST, Sunday May 25, 2008
Hope that you can help.
Thank You,
S

willowfox

silverwings94 said:
May I ask a question? I lost one of my diamond hoop earrings. I have searched the house but can't find it.My husband gave them to me for my 50th birthday, and I am very upset that I can't locate it.
I live in Hamlin, New York USA. It is 8:16 PM EST, Sunday May 25, 2008
Hope that you can help.
Thank You,
S

Well, it suggests that it is upstairs, or if you have no upstairs, then in a draw, near where you keep papers and/or books. It suggests a northerly direction in your home and it also shows that it is indeed lost and hidden.