PDA

View Full Version : Discussing other Tarot sites?

ClimbTheseWalls
27-05-2008, 01:57
What are the guidelines/regulations about discussing other tarot sites in this forum?

Lillie
27-05-2008, 02:47
We don't.

It's impolite :)

Alta
27-05-2008, 05:10
Lillie is correct. It is not done out of courtesy and we trust that other sites offer Aeclectic that same courtesy in return.

Also, quoting posts from other sites, definitely not. It is violation of the other sites' and their posters' right to their material.

Alta

ClimbTheseWalls
27-05-2008, 12:56
Thanks. Just wanted to check on it before posting. I didn't necessarily mean to critique or 'trash-talk' other sites, but as I think about it, the thread would likely end up going that way. Common courtesy is an excellent principle. I really admire how this forum is run. :)

JenniferAbe
06-06-2008, 05:02
But is it okay to mention something I heard in a podcast (e.g. Leisa ReFalo's Tarot Connection) because I thought it was a nice idea and is part of a comment I'm making on a particular deck rather than a specific post to talk about another site?

Sulis
06-06-2008, 06:16
But is it okay to mention something I heard in a podcast (e.g. Leisa ReFalo's Tarot Connection) because I thought it was a nice idea and is part of a comment I'm making on a particular deck rather than a specific post to talk about another site?

Yep that's ok :)

gregory
06-06-2008, 07:20
Is it OK to quote from another site if it is relevant to a thread here and you get all the posters permission to copy and post it here ???? (I have done this from one forum to another in my time but fortunately for my status, not here yet....)

Ange
06-06-2008, 07:35
Is it OK to quote from another site if it is relevant to a thread here and you get all the posters permission to copy and post it here ???? (I have done this from one forum to another in my time but fortunately for my status, not here yet....)

I wouldn't do it sweet, cos even if you get all permissions, then it opens up a can of worms cos everyone will want to do it.

Best stick to no copying.

Ang x

gregory
06-06-2008, 07:39
It was more whether it was OK. It would be a very rare occurrence, but when I last did, it was a really important contribution to the same discussion which was happening in two places at once and I was the only common member....