When the cards are "testy"

irmata

This is not a request for help with a reading; I just want to share my experience with reading for myself last night (hope this isn't viewed as going against the forum rules!)

I was trying to get a bead on a spiritual question, but the cards that came up didn't make much sense in relation to my question. I thought maybe I was just being dense, so I tried again. Same result and very interestingly, 3 of the same cards: Death, 7 of Cups and King of Cups. Not one to let matters rest, I tried again using a simple 3-card spread. No luck, but guess who came to the party? Death and the King of Cups. Not satisfied that I had _completely_ annoyed the cards by now ;) I tried one last time by pulling just a single card. Something simple and direct and to-the-point. Result? High Priestess reversed.

So I'm "wasting my time", hey? Fine, be like that.

And I lost my job this morning. The job I love; that fulfills me in ways I only ever dreamed of. The job that very really saved me from despair.
Ah, transforming Death.
And I handled it with such grace, even staying to make sure things were set up for the day before I dragged my sad self home.
The King of Cups would be proud.
As for the 7 of Cups, I think maybe it was a jab in the ribs to tell me that it's time to "pi55 or get off the pot", so to speak. Time to stop dreaming of being self-employed and pursue the idea with some measure of dedication, OR give up on the idea altogether and resign myself to being a wage-slave.

Next time the High Priestess SPEAKS TO ME, I'll be sure to listen up like a good girl and leave the obstinacy at the door :D

Alta

On discussion with the poster, she is not looking for comments on the cards but a discussion of situations, as she describes, where the cards had a definite message (that came to pass) but the person doing the reading couldn't understand the repeated message.

The thread was moved here from Your Readings.

Alta
co-Moderator, Your Readings & Talking Tarot

HearthCricket

Oh yeah! I did a reading for myself years ago which made absolutely no sense to me, at all. No matter how hard I tried I could not comprehend it. For 2 weeks I did readings for myself, every few days, trying to get some sort of breakthrough. I kept getting male court cards, the Emperor and the Heirophant, plus cards that pointed to the fact that a male, whom had great influence over me, would reveal something that would change my outlook on a very important part of my life, forever. Father? Husaband? Friend? BIL? Neighbour? None of them fit the question at hand. ( I was using the Medieval Scapini, BTW). Nothing made sense.

Out of pure frustration I through the deck out and said tarot is dumb. It isn't real, it doesn't make sense. Two weeks of the same thing, over and over again, with the cards barely moving about, but always in the reading and just could not grasp it. And I planned to leave tarot for good.

About 1-2 months later the entire scandal in the Catholic Church was revealed. I had spent some time with Cardinal Law. He knew all this was going on while he had breakfast and lunch with me and talked to me about joining a religious order. I was stunned. Floored. Shocked and disgusted at what was coming out. And then I remembered the tarot readings. And suddenly it all made perfect sense. Every bit of it.

Needless to say I left attending the Church and bought another deck and now pay a lot more attention to what they say, even if it may not come to pass right away. Sometimes you need to let the Universe kick in and reveal things in its own time and not force the cards, but my eyes are wide open, now! So, when a particular message is really being pushed on me, even if I don't quite get it, I find myself going on an alert mode...prepared for what might come, and probably will come!

afrosaxon

Yes, my deck does the same. The same card may pop up in different spreads, in different positions...its RWS equivalent may even show up in a reading done for me by someone else. That card is just screaming, "HEY! I have a message for you! PAY ATTENTION!"

My deck particularly gets mad when I keep asking similar questions...then, it will just throw a lot of reversals (usually most of the spread), no matter how many times I shuffle. That's the deck's way of folding its arms across its chest and saying, "Nope. Not gonna answer. I already told you...believe it or not." :laugh:

T.

balenciaga

Wow, interesting stories, all.
I have learned to go on high alert until the message "clears the deck", as it were. Journaling is a good way to keep track.
I have some weird stuff in my daily cc's this week, but it does not have anything to do with me:) I pick up on other peoples' energies (Kings and courts) and they appear in my spreads.

Cactus

Wow. HearthCricket, that's an amazing story. I've never had a reading indicate such huge events in my life like that.

Well, wait. I was getting the Tower all the time a few months ago and sure enough, I was going through a realization that certain things I thought to be true all during my childhood weren't true at all. So the Tower then made sense.

But that's it. I like your story better!

reine de saba

Sweet Deity, Hearth Cricket, that's one for the anthology!

Good Heavens!

I'll be reading by the way at a Dominican convent this evening.

May I ask what communities was the illustrious (out)Law considering for you?

It's something that has been nagging at me since childhood, gave it another taste test this summer and well-

this last month I've been getting the Pope Rx a great deal, and his first appearance marked the first people coming to me for readings and hoping for some spiritual guidance themselves. I thought that spoke loud and clear.