I need some good spreads to use

NightQueen

I need some good spreads to use at the mind body spirit expo next monday. The readings go for 25 mins so I was considering using a triple celtic? I normally do 3 big spreads but I dont want to be doing that all day Ill be reading from 10 am till 7 pm so its gonna be a long day. What spreads do you use and what would be the best ones you would recommend

thanks
NQ

Umbrae

25 minutes? that's 5-7 cards max.

Think on this. How long do you talk on each card. Then allow room for the Client to sit, shuffle, talk...

A 7-card spread, with 3 minutes on each card is 21 minutes. If you allow the sitter to talk, you've just run over time.

I really like 5-Card spreads.

NightQueen

well now that sounds lovely and refreshing:) thanks alot do you have a particular spread you use, or do u just pull out 5 cards

franniee

I have a 5 card spread I use - haven't in awhile but I will post it anyway.

1 * 2 ** 3 ** 4 * 5

Past ** Present ** Future but read it in sequence as a story - then figure out if there are patterns etc.

I will draw that and pull more cards if I don't see an end to the story there. :heart:

Sulis

Five cards:

1. Past
2. Present
3. Challenge / Obstacle
4. Advice / What you can do to get past it
5. Oucome.

Sometimes I lay out 2 cards crossing each other above the rest to show the querant inner (how they feel inside) and outer (how they act on the outside).

shaveling

Lee has a five card favorite of his at the start of this thread. And here's a thread on Lark's five card spread that was published with the Gilded Tarot.

In the Tarot Spreads Forum Index you'll find the classical European Tirage en Croix under the Spreads for Major Arcana and Miscellaneous. (I like the full 78 card deck for this, although the other way is traditional.) Melancholic has a thread on this layout here in the Spreads forum. Your customers may have reservations about your going through the deck to find the fifth card, which is derived mathematically, rather than being dealt out at random like the others.

And the index has five card spreads listed under five card spreads, too.

NightQueen

great! thanks you so much for posting these for me, Ill play around with them today

HoneyBea

Hi Nightqueen I came across this five card Horseshoe spread that I think would fit for what you are looking for;

1: Present position
2: Present expectations
3: What is not expected
4: Immediate future
5: Long-term future

You could add to the end of the last two the word energies so it read Immediate future energies etc.

NightQueen

thanks honeybea it looks good :)