business cards

NightQueen

here I am again looking for advice, In my 15 yrs with tarot I still dont have business cards, so I figures I better make some BUT I dont know how! can some one tell me how is the easiest possible way to do this, I want to choose a picture then with a bit of text, nothing overboard. If u have a card pls feel free to post to give me some ideas (if thats allowed by mods) if not u could pm them to me:)
thanks guys

NQ

GryffinSong

I found a really cheap business card software at one of the office supply stores. I think it was $10. It works great, but has its own file format. I have no clue how to post it online, but it prints GREAT. I redesign my cards fairly regularly, just because I can! :)

berrieh

Have you checked out places like Vista Print?

If you don't have any artsy friends to make business cards for you, this might be a good option, as they have many designs. I'm not sure if they're US only, though. I got some for almost-free awhile back, but they weren't for Tarot.

I don't have Tarot business cards because it'd cause me more trouble than good in my community. Bah.

re-pete-a

suggestion, if you operate from home, state the hours "strictly" if not home, then keep that space free from visitors.also include booking appointment times space on the front or back of the card,use a separate phone number for the practice,pref mobile,for it's many functions .
________
MARY JANE

Aura Wolf

If you're creatively inclined, you can make them yourself on your very own computer. I'm in the process of making myself some cards right now. If you have a printer at home, you can go to any office supply store (or Walmart--that's what I did!) and buy Avery blank business cards. They're next to the paper/school supplies and come in 8 1/2 x 11" micro-perforated sheets of 10 for a total of 150. I paid $6 for a package. Then you can use any word processing program like Microsoft Word and look at business card templates (I only have MS Works and mine were listed under the "labels" templates). You pick the template based on the 4-digit number on the package and it creates one for you with spaces the same size as your cards. You can choose to make more than one style of card, or to have the template copy one style of business card to all 10 spaces on a sheet. Then you can either type your information into the space provided, or (if you want them to look nicer) whip something up in Photoshop or another image program before pasting the image into the template. I created a new document in Photoshop the same size as the cards (about 2 x 3.5 in) and used that to design one.

You can print on both sides of the cards if you want to; I used the same logo image that's going to be on my new readings website (a bird) with all my info on one side, and on the back (feel free to steal this idea) I took scanned/borrowed images of my favourite tarot cards and fit them so that each image was slightly smaller than the back of a business card--it's smaller than a tarot card, but with the space for a white border around the edge, it looks exactly like a tarot card. You paste your finished design into the template, put the sheets in your printer, and away you go.

Of course, if you're not creatively inclined, there are places that can print them up for you :) Hope this helps.

celeste

berrieh said:

QUOTE]

Vista print is great. I use them and they have a Canadian distributor. You are practically only paying for the shipping anyway. Even that is cheaper than getting cards made locally.

Umbrae

you go to the store and buy Avery business cards.

Then you go to the Avery website and download an add-on to Word.

Then you put what you want onto your 'card'.

Then print.

It's really easy.

Ruby7

celeste said:
berrieh said:

QUOTE]

Vista print is great. I use them and they have a Canadian distributor. You are practically only paying for the shipping anyway. Even that is cheaper than getting cards made locally.

I have used Vista twice for business cards and both times only paid for shipping and was very happy with the cards.