a strange spread that digs deep

Myrrha

5 ****2 6

1. Your perception of current situation

2. Another view of current situation. Can be about another person's perspective if you are asking about a relationship, or just a more objective view of situation.

3. The Answer. What you need but have denied yourself or not seen.

4.The Hidden Question. What you are *really* asking. What you seek.

5. What needs to be given up, changed or destroyed.

6. What needs to be built, created.

If you like you can pull another card for "outcome" or "further advice"

This spread has provoked a lot of insight for me. The "Hidden Question" placement especially seems to yield a lot of "a-ha!" moments. It can be interesting to look at the Answer before looking at the Hidden Question.

The spread is a variation of Linda Falario's Web spread. Her spread uses eight cards and the meanings of the positions are a bit more obscure. You can find her web site by searching for "shadow tarot" or "anandazone."

If anyone tries this out I would be interested in hearing what you think!

darn! I can't get the layout to look right in this post. 1 is slightly above 2 and the others form a cross. (or you could tilt them and make an X)

Myrrha

Keslynn

Wow, Myrrha! This looks like a really interesting spread. It's definitely going into my tarot journal, and I'm looking forward to using it (just gotta wait for the right question)! Thanks for sharing it with us.

:) Kes

Thirteen

*****4******

*****1******
5****2***** 6

*****3******

More like that?

DarkElectric

This looks like a really cool spread! I'm going to try it. Thanks for posting :)

DeLani

Myrrha,
This is a really great spread! I'm writing a book on Tarot, I'm wondering if you'd be so kind as to give me permission to include it in my book (with credit, of course!).
Thanks so much,
DeLani

Myrrha

DeLani said:
Myrrha,
This is a really great spread! I'm writing a book on Tarot, I'm wondering if you'd be so kind as to give me permission to include it in my book (with credit, of course!).
Thanks so much,
DeLani

I'm really glad you like the spread :) and it would be a good thing to share it with more people in a book. I am not sure it is really my spread to give permission though, as it is a modified and clarified version of a spread by Linda Falario. Am really not sure how all that works. Her version is more occult-oriented and more vague, open ended. I could pm you about what exactly I changed.

Myrrha

Alissa

... since I have my tarot journal right here...

... I think I'll just jot this down!

Neat spread, thanks for posting!!! Hope you get published too!

Lain_82

this spread has given me a whole new approach on things!!!!!!!!! I specially love the hidden question position. A lot of times I don't really ask what's I really want and so I don't get the answer that I really need.

Alissa

I *still* use this spread, I've memorized it I've used it so often (and I don't use a journal much any more). But I do love this spread, I agree!

EnglishRose

Another spread added to my spread journal. It looks really good, thank you Myrrha for posting it.
Sophie xx