King of Swords (reversed) keeps appearing

danieljuk

Hi,
In my daily draws in the last week I had the King of Swords keep appearing as a reversed card. It appeared 3 times and never in a row, there was a different card between each of the days. I shuffle really well and turn random cards, so think its a strong message to me or amazing coincidence

I see the King of Swords (rx) as an attractive charming man who is overbearing, evil, tyrannical and someone you don't want in your life. Manipulative and forceful with their opinions and won't let you have you have your view. They bully and shout out your view.

But I don't know anyone in my life who is like that at all! Also I can't see a theme or situation that has been like that at all in the last week. Has anyone got any ideas? I don't know anyone that nasty! just seems quite random

PAMUYA

Hi,
In my daily draws in the last week I had the King of Swords keep appearing as a reversed card. It appeared 3 times and never in a row, there was a different card between each of the days. I shuffle really well and turn random cards, so think its a strong message to me or amazing coincidence

I see the King of Swords (rx) as an attractive charming man who is overbearing, evil, tyrannical and someone you don't want in your life. Manipulative and forceful with their opinions and won't let you have you have your view. They bully and shout out your view.

But I don't know anyone in my life who is like that at all! Also I can't see a theme or situation that has been like that at all in the last week. Has anyone got any ideas? I don't know anyone that nasty! just seems quite random

sometimes the cards are a mirror, asking you to look within. For me when I think of the King of Swords reversed this comes to mind: : Bully, selfish, nit picks, deceitful, cruel, dangerous person, law suit lost, misuse of power, evil intentions... It could also mean that the Kings upright qualities are blocked. These are a few of his upright qualites; leader, authority figure, determined steadfast, win at all costs, a judge, commander, wise counselor. Perhaps there is something that you keep putting off, something that needs to be done, for the upright King would have it done already, or an ethical issue that needs to be dealt with, or knowledge that you are lacking.

SunChariot

Hi,

Ok, :grin: first no Tarot is not random and it is not coincidence. If you keep getting the same card it has an important message for you that you need to see. "Reopeating" card tend to keep coming up until you fully see and understand the message. Then there is no need for them anymore.

Tarot is not random it is a connection to something wise, that knows the answers and is communicationg with us through the cards (opinions vary on what that is).

As for the King of Swords, reversed I will give you my meaning for that card. But it will likely not be helpful as my way of reading reversals is rather unique and I invented it myself.

A reversed Kinf of Swordxs for me says tha thte person will have exactly the thoughts they are meant to/destined to have on the issue. Swords are about our thoughts and our way of thinking. And reversed Kings for me are about Destiny and Fate. They say that whatever happens will be exactly what was meant to for your own highest good, so you don't need to worry as no matter wehat you say or do, things will work out accordiing to the greater plan and in the best way for you.

The card coould come up in times of confusion, when you are not sure what to make of a situation or how ot view it. It would just say to let any stress on it go and that any thoghts you have are exactly the ones you are meant to have. Even the confusion is an intented part of yoru process and teh working that out has important lessons for you...etc. That kind of thing. That you are exactly where you need to be and are meant to me "mentially" with yout thoughts. The way you are thinking about things is right on track.

Babs

LeFou

But I don't know anyone in my life who is like that at all!

Are you sure you don't know anybody like that? How about a shadow part of yourself who feels intimidated, called on the carpet, harshly judged, not heard, forced to be a "subject" to this unappreciate King? Subjected to the degree that your unconscious starts doubting yourself?

Reflect on how you got that view of the King of Swords. Even reversed, I don't think he's typically viewed that harshly! So that's possibly a message that something in your unconscious wants to surface.

Just a random example (not related to you, just to illustrate), was someone, perhaps (but not necessarily) a father figure, teacher, boss etc. very domineering, disapproving, criticizing, unaccepting? Even if you fight against it, a dark echo of that person ends up in your unconscious, doing what you don't approve of, becoming a haunting "ghost of the past".

Once you explore those thoughts in the light of day, they lose their power. You might then stop seeing this King, or see more of the upright energy as you start letting go of a past pattern, one which was never really yours to begin with.

danieljuk

you've all given me such great ideas that I hadn't thought of!

sometimes the cards are a mirror, asking you to look within. For me when I think of the King of Swords reversed this comes to mind: : Bully, selfish, nit picks, deceitful, cruel, dangerous person, law suit lost, misuse of power, evil intentions... It could also mean that the Kings upright qualities are blocked. These are a few of his upright qualites; leader, authority figure, determined steadfast, win at all costs, a judge, commander, wise counselor. Perhaps there is something that you keep putting off, something that needs to be done, for the upright King would have it done already, or an ethical issue that needs to be dealt with, or knowledge that you are lacking.

some of the upright qualities, put off or blocked or delayed does seem to fit me! I want to be some sort of counsellor, that area is delayed or blocked at the moment.

As for the King of Swords, reversed I will give you my meaning for that card. But it will likely not be helpful as my way of reading reversals is rather unique and I invented it myself.

A reversed Kinf of Swordxs for me says tha thte person will have exactly the thoughts they are meant to/destined to have on the issue. Swords are about our thoughts and our way of thinking. And reversed Kings for me are about Destiny and Fate. They say that whatever happens will be exactly what was meant to for your own highest good, so you don't need to worry as no matter wehat you say or do, things will work out accordiing to the greater plan and in the best way for you.

The card coould come up in times of confusion, when you are not sure what to make of a situation or how ot view it. It would just say to let any stress on it go and that any thoghts you have are exactly the ones you are meant to have. Even the confusion is an intented part of yoru process and teh working that out has important lessons for you...etc. That kind of thing. That you are exactly where you need to be and are meant to me "mentially" with yout thoughts. The way you are thinking about things is right on track.

Babs

I love your method Babs! you should publish a book or e-book of your interpretations. I thought it was as message that it kept coming up that week. That fits with me the best actually. Destiny and fate and can't change things. In a confusing situation and I worry about is this something I can change or not. But really I shouldn't worry about it! It doesn't matter the cause. But that would exactly fit and would be a positive message last week :)

Are you sure you don't know anybody like that? How about a shadow part of yourself who feels intimidated, called on the carpet, harshly judged, not heard, forced to be a "subject" to this unappreciate King? Subjected to the degree that your unconscious starts doubting yourself?

Reflect on how you got that view of the King of Swords. Even reversed, I don't think he's typically viewed that harshly! So that's possibly a message that something in your unconscious wants to surface.

Just a random example (not related to you, just to illustrate), was someone, perhaps (but not necessarily) a father figure, teacher, boss etc. very domineering, disapproving, criticizing, unaccepting? Even if you fight against it, a dark echo of that person ends up in your unconscious, doing what you don't approve of, becoming a haunting "ghost of the past"..

the shadow part of yourself does fit me! doubting myself definitely does fit me. things to reflect over and thing about. who intimidated me in the past or judged me.

definitely a message to work out and study! will be writing all your ideas in my notebook for the card for future reference :) thanks