5 of Pentacles as feelings

Dragon12

When I see this come up in a feelings reading, I always think that the person feels rejected, like they have been thrown out into the cold. There might also be an element of unattainability to it, since the card often shows someone watching from a distance, with the watched party being completely unaware of it (they watch the person/people through the window). The fact that the figure is usually cloaked supports this as well because it makes them very anonymous - like someone having strong feelings for someone else, but never admitting it. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thirteen

Pride, oddly enough

Rejected, certainly, but there could also be an element of pride. This card can indicate someone who has done something not approved of by society. This thing may not be reprehensible, by the way; it could just be that they think and act differently. In order to get back in, they will have to bend or change, ask for forgiveness and get back in line with what their culture/religion/society expects. Refusing to do that, they remain out in the cold.

Thus, the card can indicate an element of pride. Depending on the situation, this pride may be noble or it may be foolish.

The question of the card is, are these poor people outcasts because the wealthy have turned their backs on them--i.e. the wealthy want to pretend the poor don't exist--thus the poor feel rightly rejected, or are the poor too proud to beg, ask, bend in order to get what they need from the wealthy? The answer could be either or both. If the later, however, then the card holds as much a feeling of pride and even righteous anger, of "I'd rather starve then take charity from you!" as it does of sorrow, rejection and being forsaken or forgotten.

Dragon12

Rejected, certainly, but there could also be an element of pride. This card can indicate someone who has done something not approved of by society. This thing may not be reprehensible, by the way; it could just be that they think and act differently. In order to get back in, they will have to bend or change, ask for forgiveness and get back in line with what their culture/religion/society expects. Refusing to do that, they remain out in the cold.

Thus, the card can indicate an element of pride. Depending on the situation, this pride may be noble or it may be foolish.

The question of the card is, are these poor people outcasts because the wealthy have turned their backs on them--i.e. the wealthy want to pretend the poor don't exist--thus the poor feel rightly rejected, or are the poor too proud to beg, ask, bend in order to get what they need from the wealthy? The answer could be either or both. If the later, however, then the card holds as much a feeling of pride and even righteous anger, of "I'd rather starve then take charity from you!" as it does of sorrow, rejection and being forsaken or forgotten.

This makes sense for the card in general, but how would it relate to one person's feelings for another?

momentarylight

This makes sense for the card in general, but how would it relate to one person's feelings for another?

That is a very subjective question :).

It could relate to a feeling of unworthiness or of not being on 'the same plane'.

By the latter, I feel that what Thirteen has said is relevant. There could be awareness of a real difference in status or values but not necessarily shame or fear in that.

Or it could mean that one person has no feelings or very few at all. Even distaste.

Trust your own judgement but note what you feel or say, and validate it later if you can. That is how you learn :)

Dragon12

That is a very subjective question :).

It could relate to a feeling of unworthiness or of not being on 'the same plane'.

By the latter, I feel that what Thirteen has said is relevant. There could be awareness of a real difference in status or values but not necessarily shame or fear in that.

Or it could mean that one person has no feelings or very few at all. Even distaste.

Trust your own judgement but note what you feel or say, and validate it later if you can. That is how you learn :)

I know, that's why I have a record of every reading I've done for the last 4 years :D I can definitely see what you mean about unworthiness, like they don't feel like they're even in the same league.

nisaba

I often see it as regret, too: regret for bad decision of the past that have led to losses of one kind or another.

starrystarrynight

Dragon12 said:
...5 of Pentacles as feelings...
His feelings may be less than spiritual or wholesome in her view. (In the RWS image, the couple is standing outside the church in a snowstorm, so metaphorically, the feeling is just that: his feelings are not based upon what the seeker would like to have him feel for her.)