Do Tarot Cards Lie?

Lorraine1100

For the last two years I have kept very detailed notes on tarot readings done by myself and also what I have paid for professionally (some notes go back to 2006 as well but not conntemperaneous as the last two years).

Suffice to say that none of it has come right. I have gone back to November 2006 and allot of the cards were very positive but yet nothing has occured. Two years ago a reading I had, I was told that I would be moving last year. This year I am still very much here. My situation is not great and yet pretty much nothing in the cards has predicted (apart from the Death card and losing my job back end of last year) what an absolute turmoil I would be in.

So the question is do the cards lie? Everytime I have done them I have been left filled with hope that improvements are just around the corner, yet for the last few years it has been anything but and to be honest it has just gone from bad to worse.

If I was doing these cards myself I qould question myself heavily but when I have paid to have them done (these were very good and highly recommended tarot readers) and nothing has come right then I am left wondering what exactly is going on?

Ceste

I know just what you mean!!!

Actually, no, I don't.

Tarot gives you possibilities of what could happen based on x,y,z. I know when I've done x, y, z, the outcome happens.

But see, here's the thing too... by the time you get around to doing X, then Y, then you (general you, not specifically you) get lazy, Z doesn't get done, or it gets done half-heartedly. Now, some time has passed, circumstances have changed and truly, you've changed things up quite a bit.

But try going back and looking at those readings. Compare them to the things that were happening around and within you. Good chance you'll see what I'm talking about.

Over the past year, I've gotten readings about my career and potential in the workplace. Well, I'm still unemployed, so where's the wonderful results there???? Err, here's the thing though, Tarot's not going to fill out any applications for me :)

So, even though 'timing' said A, B, and C, should have happened by now. I know I haven't kept up my end of the bargain. But when I do, oh boy, it will have been worth the wait!!

That's just my thinking on it for when it happens to me. Your mileage may vary.

Lorraine1100

I know what you saying but I have been keeping both faith and making sure that I am doing as much as I can with the effort.

However, the legal battles were not shown - the council are now trying to take our land and we are having to employ a solicitor which is hammering us financially - yet wierdly it is showing finances to be in excellent shape and even showing bonus/unearned income (10 of pentacles cropping up even now) yet the words 'dire straights' doesn't even do us justice! I have asked questions on job interviews, giving positive results and I have given my all at the interview to have it turned completely around on me - which is why I feel so utterly demoralised when I get the rejection, because I have given so much.

I have had readings done showing a house move - nothing materalised and we cannot even sell while we have this legal battle on!

I have been in ill health recently etc there was nothing regarding ill health at all. No stressful situations were ever shown. I would have at least expected Devil, Tower, Wheel of Fortune, 5 of Pentacles to show for any or all of this, but nothing at all and yet I have been ploughing away trying to make things happen - even putting the house up for sale and we got zilch - well actually what we did get was notification they were seizing our ditch and now we cannot sell!

It absolutely has not been for the want of trying and putting the effort in. It's allot more than that, it's about being constantly pushed down when I have tried my absolute upmost to make things work to put things in motion to find that we are utterly stopped in our tracks.

If the tarot was being truthful with me it should have at least hinted something - but to come out with positive cards year on year something is really radically wrong!

Ceste

You mentioned in your first post that these are 'paid' readings you're questioning. Is this right?

If so, then maybe, just maybe you were given a positive spin on what was really there. I'm sorry for the troubles you're going through. Maybe in some small way, the readings you have gotten were meant to help fortify you for whats been happening. I don't know if that's possible, but it would be nice to think so.

tarotbear

Please accept my sympathies for what you are going through.

However, by asking 'Do Tarot Cards Lie?' implies that you believe that by paying $20 (making this number up) to some human who is as flawed as you, that a $25 oracle made of cardboard, inks, and a light plastic coating printed in Belgium or China and packed in Mexico is going to be the 'One-and only, always true each-and-every-time Be-all and End-all' answer to any question you may have.

Tarot - contrary to mistaken popular belief - does not 'cast spells'; a positive card reading does not make that positive outcome happen any more than a detrimental card reading could guarantee a negative outcome will happen.

The Universe does not work on a 24/7, 365-day man-made calendar game plan. Tarot is 'of the moment' in which those cards were shuffled. (BTW - did you shuffle or did the Reader?) Time is linear, but 'Past, Present, Future' are designations that man made. To the infinate Universe, there is probably no difference between a day, a century, or a millenium.

O.K.- skip all this high-sounding verbiage. I've done readings where the cards were contrary to being downright sarcastic! But - lying? I would have to say that the cards did NOT lie but the reader may have been amiss in their final interpretation.

Kangiska

Hello

The answer to that question is simple in my eyes: NO!

Nevertheless, I have seen people who read the cards, who lie, just to keep you hopeful and interested.

It would have been great to know what cards were drawn so we could discuss what they can also say...

Greetings

Kangiska

MaineGirl117

I would agree with Tarotbear on this one. I don't think the cards lie. I think the messages we get out of them are relative to our ability to correctly interpret them and not biasing the readings for ourselves (darn ego can get in the way!).

I have notes from readings I've paid for in the past, and I've been reviewing them lately. With a few of them I'm realising the predictions are only now coming to pass (some 2-3 years later) and they made absolutely no sense to me back when I received them.

Also, posting personal readings in the Your Readings forum would be a good way to get outside advice that might help you understand the reading. For example, the 10/pentacles might just be referencing the 'family home', not necessarily indicating 'finances improving or money coming in'.

Lorraine1100

Tarotbear/Ceste - There were a small number of paid tarot readings (nine in total) the majority I did myself. The reason why I asked do tarot cards lie is because when I personally have done my own tarot readings I would have thought I would have at least seen something in there such as the tower, wheel of fortune etc, 5 of pentacles.

On the contrary it has all been very, very positive which is why I am perplexed as to why the cards have not brought anything up. I would have thought that given the problems it would have at least flagged it up somewhere and even when the issues came to light and I did questions on the tarot again it came back very positive.

When I did have a private reading I told the lady about the issues after she had finished the reading but she was perplexed as I and said it had not shown up anywhere, yet when I was shuffling the cards and thinking about the situation and the questions I would have hoped to be answered in some small way, nothing was there for her to read.

So there is either two scenarios - either the cards are glossing over the situation or the problem lies elsewhere - namely me! However, if I am sitting and concentrating on the matters at heart I should at least have something come to light particularly the very stressful elements I am under.

I am also not demeaning the paid mediums either, because my question centred soley on do the cards lie. I would not nor would I ever castigate someone as the villain of the piece for not being truthful unless I had unequivocal evidence in support thereof - and I don't. I just am sitting back and wondering what exactly is going on?

Bhavana

I am less and less convinced that tarot tells the future, at least not in the hands of every reader. I won't lie, though, I think the main attraction to the cards is the idea that you may be able to see things that are yet to come - but I think relying too heavily on them for that is just building you up for disappointment. The future depends on so many things, how can we really know how all things will fall into place? Better to think of the cards as possibilities for the future, or future events/paths that we might consider - but not giving us a concrete picture of what is going to happen.

Kangiska

Hi Bhavana,

For me the question is: Does the future really exist?

I don't think there is a 'real' future to be seen - the cards nevertheless can tell you the most probable outcome out of the Present.

Greetings

Kangiska