6 of Pentacles as feelings

ana luisa

I did a spread for a friend and I got the 6 of Pents for feelings. What could it possibly mean ? Sharing the same affection ? Feeling one is weaker than the other ? One feeling sorry for the other? Begging for attention/love? Help !

taylorkiteling

In terms of feelings, I would read this as being very giving and caring. The 6 of Pentacles, in my decks, has meanings like "generosity" and "selflessness," and I think that in terms of a relationship, this could represent one (or both) people selflessly giving each other love and caring.

Of course, if it was reversed or if there are signs of something negative, it could also be read as a person being TOO giving, putting their partner's needs before their own, and not taking care of themself.

starrystarrynight

Whenever I get this in a relationship reading, it usually indicates that the two principals are on two different pages as far as feelings go...one cares much more than the other does.

nisaba

Being forced, willingly or unwillingly, into the roles of eitehr "victim" or "carer" in a relationship, either because of relationship dynamics, or because of health, or money or something else.

WalesWoman

Feelings... between both of them or one for the other? I think it could be showing that one is wanting what the other has to give, the other gives as much as they feel comfortable with or is willing to give. This could be mutually satisfying back and forth or it could be that one is feeling pretty needy and willing to accept anything the other is willing to share... no matter how much or how little.

6 is about harmony, balance, give and take... the quantity and quality of that is best determined by the cards surrounding this I'd think.

starrystarrynight

WalesWoman said:
Feelings... between both of them or one for the other? I think it could be showing that one is wanting what the other has to give, the other gives as much as they feel comfortable with or is willing to give. This could be mutually satisfying back and forth or it could be that one is feeling pretty needy and willing to accept anything the other is willing to share... no matter how much or how little.

6 is about harmony, balance, give and take... the quantity and quality of that is best determined by the cards surrounding this I'd think.
This bears rereading...I agree 100% and wish I had said it! :) I'm taking it on board.

PAMUYA

nisaba said:
Being forced, willingly or unwillingly, into the roles of eitehr "victim" or "carer" in a relationship, either because of relationship dynamics, or because of health, or money or something else.
Yes I agree. One is the giver and one the reciever, not equal. The relationship can work if both parties agree to the arrangement.

YDM42

In terms of feelings--I've gotten it when one person "feels" like he or she is giving more than the other- weather it is actual or not- one person "feels"- they are giving too much.

The most memorable situation I recall is when one guy felt like he was the one always calling the woman- and this was causing considerable frustation for him- the frustration always showed up as the 10 of wands.

Middy1452

One person has seen something in the other that has struck a chord with them, something that nobody else has seen in that person.

Middy

Glass Owl

I've had the 6 of pentacles turn up when there is a lot of giving and taking (money, services, favors, knowlege, love, etc) in a relationship. Sometimes it can point to giving with strings attached (there is the requirement or expectation that there will be something given in return). This exchanging is often the reason or basis for the relationship. This card has also pointed to me an unbalance in regards to exchanging or a desire to give/take.

In terms of feelings, one or both of the parties may feel a sense of obligation or gratitude.