A lighthearted daily spread

Moongold

I have done this quite a few times in the spirit of irony. It has been delightful. The spread is called:

What is the worst thing that can happen today?

1. Your perception
2. Divine perception
3. What you need to do to get through the day humbly and honorably triumphant.

Enjoy :D

OakDragon

Hmm. That looks intriguing, Moongold! What do you mean by "Divine Perception"?

Moongold

OakDragon said:
Hmm. That looks intriguing, Moongold! What do you mean by "Divine Perception"?

What God thinks :D

This assumes that God speaks through the Tarot.

Moongold

I must say, Oakie, that I was looking for ssomething lighthearted and may in fact have come up with something obscure.

This is how it worked for me just now. It is Sunday and I am in the office catching up on some work. I did the above throw using my Ancient Egyptian by Barrett.

What is the worst thing that can happen to me today:

1. Self-perception: 6 Disks
2. Divine perception: Justice
3. How can I .....etc: Hanged Man.

Now the worst thing that I see could happen to me today is that I could become the recipient of unexpected wealth. (6 Disks). Or that I can continue to think that things will just keep rolling in as they always have. Then I would really have to change and what a major change that would be :D

Divine Perception seems to say not to worry about unexpected wealth by any means Life is balanced, tough and fair, kiddo. It 's a reminder that if I don't pay my water bill tomorrow I may be disconnected.

Hanged Man seems to be hanging nakedly above a stretch of water, and therefore to be supporting Divine Perception in this.

Do you see what I mean now?

OakDragon

Are you sure it doesn't just mean that all you need to get through the day is a naked man who's at your mercy? (Never mind the money matters!) :D

Anyway, seriously, yes I see what you mean.

For me (an atheist), the two perception card positions would probably more or less amount to the same thing.

lionette

I like this spread, Moongold. Although I might change the second position to be "Tarot's Perception" or some such secular bent.

Will give it a try tomorrow...

Lumi

I know this an old post...2004..., but I'm new to the community and am finding it now. I don't know whatever happened with this spread, but it seems cool to ME, so I'd like to say something. Your Perception is just that - It's how you, the querent, will view the day/situation from the ego/personality level. Divine Perception is speaking to the larger picture from the perspective of the your/the querent's Higher Self, who tends to know a lot more about what's good for you than you do often times. And what you/the querent needs to get through the day humbly and honorably triumphant...wouldn't this card represent, more or less, the energy of synthesis between the first two cards? I mean it's great to know the Higher Self's Perception...but sometimes that can be a real stretch from there back to the ego/personality's perception without a bridge to get us there.
Just a thought.

Vanchica

Cute!

Oh this is a cute spread, and I love the sample reading/interpretation

What a fun idea!