The Tower CArd

Antenna

i was flipping through my cards and writing down what image comes to mind when i look at the pic. When i pick up the Tower card the first thing that came to mind was the 911 disaster. just wondering if anyone has the same thoughts when they saw this card.

is there anyone who has gone through this card? i would like to ask about the pic meaning.
first the building showed that it is on fire. is the fire caused by the lightning or lightning came after the fire. at this point i would take it that even Mother Nature has taken a part in destroying the building because lightning has been sent instead of rain to put out the fire.

i am unable to see what the royal couple's role is in this pic. could i say that it is the end of an empire or the fall and destruction of the king at that time?

Another thing what do those yellow stuff that look like leaves represent?

Sienna

Hi Antenna,

Yes I have lived through the Tower Card at its most powerful! I lost my home, my job, and partner. I think when you get the Tower in a spread, it is wise to look at all the other cards surrounding it. At that particular time I had loads of swords and reversed cards as well!

I think Tower means a collaspe of structure, or way of life, and it is literally a bolt out of the blue, in no way were you expecting it! or prepared for it! However, it also means revelation and sudden understanding, and that even though what is happening at the moment is terrible, later when all the upheaval and pain has passed in some kind of way you will be glad that it happened, because you have left a situation or way of life that was false and not really what you wanted or was good for you, but you thought it was at the time.

I also think the Tower can mean major disasters like the Twin Towers attack and also natural disasters like the Tsunami and earthquakes.

I also believe the more entrenched you are in a phoney/false lifestyle the more disruptive the Tower can be, I also think reversed means the Towers effects are either lessended (depending on the cards around it or made worse!!!

The yellow objects you are referring to on the card I think are flames not leaves raining down on the couple.

Well this is my take on the Tower, I did have it recently and I was a bit concerned to see it as I do not welcome it in a spread, and I actually posted it on here, because all the other cards surrounding the spread were postive, I took it to mean that the Tower's influence was mild, infact I suffered a powercut for 2 days and had no water!! which "came out of the blue".

Hope the above was helpfull.

Sx

Antenna

Sienna said:
Hi Antenna,

Yes I have lived through the Tower Card at its most powerful! I lost my home, my job, and partner. I think when you get the Tower in a spread, it is wise to look at all the other cards surrounding it. At that particular time I had loads of swords and reversed cards as well!

I think Tower means a collaspe of structure, or way of life, and it is literally a bolt out of the blue, in no way were you expecting it! or prepared for it! However, it also means revelation and sudden understanding, and that even though what is happening at the moment is terrible, later when all the upheaval and pain has passed in some kind of way you will be glad that it happened, because you have left a situation or way of life that was false and not really what you wanted or was good for you, but you thought it was at the time.

I also think the Tower can mean major disasters like the Twin Towers attack and also natural disasters like the Tsunami and earthquakes.

I also believe the more entrenched you are in a phoney/false lifestyle the more disruptive the Tower can be, I also think reversed means the Towers effects are either lessended (depending on the cards around it or made worse!!!

The yellow objects you are referring to on the card I think are flames not leaves raining down on the couple.

Well this is my take on the Tower, I did have it recently and I was a bit concerned to see it as I do not welcome it in a spread, and I actually posted it on here, because all the other cards surrounding the spread were postive, I took it to mean that the Tower's influence was mild, infact I suffered a powercut for 2 days and had no water!! which "came out of the blue".

Hope the above was helpfull.

Sx

Thanks for the reply,Sienna. yup does broaden my view on this card from your point. but how about the royal couple? i take it that the crown belongs to the guy cause the lady is wearing a crown too. do u think this card will affect people in power? whats your view on the royal couple?

Al Si'ra

Umm..not my favourite card..but personally i think i've gone through that royal couple thing..
I always want to be treated like a princess in relationships and i have high expectations of myself and people and i even have taboos and i never ever let anyone touch them..Then when i met this person this tower card was appearing like crazy..did not take it seriously..He was a person of high standarts-a gentleman too..we immediately clicked and became the royal couple-until he suddenly lost control and pushed my limits too far and broke all my principles leaving me frustrated and very weak-not like a princess or anything- but what he did to me made me a more flexible and a down to earth person(the positive side of tower)-and he was for too long ashamed of what he did and suddenly saw this shadow side of his- he was not a king-not a strong willed person-not a gentleman-but he was just human-a young boy..
The result: we got torn apart-i became searching for who i am as he also began searching for his trueself..becoming hermits
So the royal thing is..i believe has to do with the ego a bit..but i also believe that it could lead to real kingdoms falling down too
This card does bring "dramatic" events along..but always a positive thing follows the drama..or that's what i believe.I miss my crown though.

:love:

poivre

The rug gets pulled out from under you and all the structure
around you changes.
I read this card as misfortunes are blessings in disguise.

When this card appears I try to remember The Star is following
to put peace in your heart after the storm. :)

Antenna

Al Si'ra said:
Umm..not my favourite card..but personally i think i've gone through that royal couple thing..
I always want to be treated like a princess in relationships and i have high expectations of myself and people and i even have taboos and i never ever let anyone touch them..Then when i met this person this tower card was appearing like crazy..did not take it seriously..He was a person of high standarts-a gentleman too..we immediately clicked and became the royal couple-until he suddenly lost control and pushed my limits too far and broke all my principles leaving me frustrated and very weak-not like a princess or anything- but what he did to me made me a more flexible and a down to earth person(the positive side of tower)-and he was for too long ashamed of what he did and suddenly saw this shadow side of his- he was not a king-not a strong willed person-not a gentleman-but he was just human-a young boy..
The result: we got torn apart-i became searching for who i am as he also began searching for his trueself..becoming hermits
So the royal thing is..i believe has to do with the ego a bit..but i also believe that it could lead to real kingdoms falling down too
This card does bring "dramatic" events along..but always a positive thing follows the drama..or that's what i believe.I miss my crown though.

:love:

i agree with you on the part about the young man. he seems quite young to be a king as compared to the kings in the deck. yup i was thinking along the lines of getting down to earth from the part when they fell from the tower. it could be a lesson in trying to be more practical and down to earth instead of being high up.

Sienna

Wonderful insights into the royal couple, I must confess, I had been so busy concentrating on the actual tower, that I didn't pay much attention to them. But this has provided me with more insight into this card - thank you!

job

Please bear in mind that I'm looking at this slightly differently: Have you ever thought about actually climbing the tower to see what's at the top? I think that is where you'll find your answers.

The_Star

TheTower Card

The Tower Card represents (usually) a blessing disguised as a catastrophe.
An example is someone who has an intense job and who has refused to take a vacation in years. The person gets hit by a bus and injured and, as a result, is forced to take some time off.

The Tower Crad is problematic for the ego and liberating for the spirit.

Little Baron

I wonder if you can control The Tower on occasion.

Tonight, I did a two card reading with the Thoth.

I got The Tower, the 9 of Cups.

I saw the 9 of Cups as happiness, contentment, a wish come true.

But The Tower as blocking that.

My question regarded to kinds of work. Call them a and b.

Right now, I am doing a.

But I have always been passionate about b.

So I wanted the cards to tell me what to do.

I think The Tower was telling me that 'a' is my comfort zone because I have more experience within it. If I smashed down this comfort and went along the path less travelled, gearing things towards 'b', I would find contentment in my work. A big step. A new mind set. The destruction of a system that is comfortable.

But rather than it being taken away, it is something that I have to break down myself.

Is this possible with The Tower. The realisation that I will be breaking away from a secure job for one that is not as stable, is still scary, whether I instigate it or not.

LB