New spread idea

xlar54

Ok, heres my idea for a new spread technique. Hopefully its original - let me know your thoughts on how to improve:

I tend to see the major arcana as the lifelong journey we all face, and the minor arcana as the steps along that path. So in this spread, the querrant chooses three major arcana cards (face down so they cant see them). The cards are turned up, and the reading begins. As with the fools journey, the majors picked show where the querrent has come from, where they are now, and where they are going.

Next, I draw 4 minor cards for each major:

Card 1: Influences
Card 2: Hopes and fears
Card 3: Challenges and obstacles
Card 4: Resolution

Its obviously more of a general reading, and doesnt do well against yes/no questions. Im curious to hear your thoughts. One problem I see with it is that the same minor cards ought to be available to all three journey steps (past, present, future). One could reshuffle for each step to overcome that issue.

Thanks and by the way - Im new here!

X

DarkElectric

Hi X,
Welcome to Aeclectic.
I like this, it's a cool idea.
One question though, how is the spread laid out, exactly?
Apparently, you have divided the deck into Majors and Minors previous to the querent choosing the major cards.
Then, +4 minors for each major = 20 cards total?
This would seem to me, to be spread out like this, maybe:

***********Minor
Card1-Major--Minor
***********Minor
***********Minor

***********Minor
Card2-Major--Minor
***********Minor
***********Minor

***********Minor
Card3-Major--Minor
***********Minor
***********Minor

Is this what it looks like?
Sorry if I sound a bit pedantic, I just want to try this spread, and need to know how you envisioned it.

xlar54

Yes, thats the way I would do it, or you could do it vertically (ie:

[Major 1] [Major 2] [Major 3]
[Minor 1] [Minor 1] [Minor 1]
[Minor 2] [Minor 2] [Minor 2]
[Minor 3] [Minor 3] [Minor 3]
[Minor 4] [Minor 4] [Minor 4]

But I think you have the idea. Seems to make good sense to me by applying the major in such a way.

DarkElectric

Thanks, I'm going to try this.
And I think that if the minors are all in the context of one spread, they will give accurate information without reshuffling, maybe? I'll try it, and see. You want any feedback on this one? If you'd like, I could post the results, or PM you.
Peace, out. DE

xlar54

Yes, feedback would be good. Im working it now, and it seems to be working out pretty well. Any other ideas too would be appreciated!

Thanks

X

Virgowitch

i love ya idea

this idea sounds awesum, and i love da way u explained it all...great wordin!

Flidais

xlar54 said:
One problem I see with it is that the same minor cards ought to be available to all three journey steps (past, present, future). One could reshuffle for each step to overcome that issue.X
I don't think you need to worry about this. As DarkElectric said, it's all in the context of one spread, so things should work out the way they are meant to.

Welcome to Aeclectic!

Wisp Wings

I don't think you need to worry about a re-shuffle either.... all will fall as should be.

I do have one question and I know it really doesn't matter as long as one is consistent. Here is the layout:

Major 1 Major 2 Major 3
Minor 1 Minor 1 (5) Minor 1 (9)
Minor 2 Minor 2 (6) Minor 2 (10)
Minor 3 Minor 3 (7) Minor 3 (11)
Minor 4 Minor 4 (8) Minor 4 (12)

Is this the way you dealt the minors out? Or as Minor 1 under Major 1, Minor 1 under Major 2 as the second card and the third being Minor 3 under Major 3?
Just curious as I have wrote your spread down in my spread journal. I for now have wrote it as the 5 through 12 shows in the above within the ( ).

I think you have come up with a very good spread! Way to go and welcome to the group!