My Yes/No Cards

Sophie

Inspired by GoddessArtemis's thread, I thought I'd share my yes/no cards.

I don't often ask tarot yes/no questions - I tend to keep those for Lenormand. But it does happen, and I have programmed my cards to reply yes/no/uncertain.

Fool - Yes - if you take that risk

Magician - Yes, if you use your power

High Priestess - She knows but she's not telling

Empress - Yes

Emperor - Yes

Hierophant - He knows and he'll tell you all in good time

Lovers - Maybe yes, maybe no - you get to choose!

Chariot - Yes

Justice - Evens Stevens

Hermit - No

Wheel - that's anyone's guess

Strength - Yes, but with some effort on your part, working with the other party if there is one

Hanged Man - No

Death - Yes (Dead Certainty)

Temperance - Uncertain: will take some diplomacy

Devil - NO

Tower - NO

Star - Yes, but not immediately - needs time and healing

Moon - NO

Sun - YES

Judgement - NO

World - YES

All the Aces are yes, with varying degrees of speed.

2 of Wands - Uncertain
2 of Cups - Yes
2 of Swords - No
2 of Coins - Uncertain

3 of Wands - Yes
3 of Cups - Yes
3 of Swords - No
3 of Coins - Possible, with some work

4 of Wands - Yes
4 of Cups - No
4 of Swords - No
4 of Coins - No

5 of Wands - No
5 of Cups - No
5 of Swords - No
5 of Coins - No

6 of Wands - Yes
6 of Cups - Yes
6 of Swords - No
6 of Coins - Evens Stevens

7 of Wands - No
7 of Cups - No
7 of Swords - No
7 of Coins - under consideration

8 of Wands - Yes
8 of Cups - No
8 of Swords - No
8 of Coins - maybe, but will require a lot of effort to become a yes

9 of Wands - No and go away (often drawn when you've asked the question too often :D)
9 of Cups - Yes
9 of Swords - No - are you mad?
9 of Coins - Yes

10 of Wands - No
10 of Cups - Yes
10 of Swords - No and no hope
10 of Coins - Yes

All the pages are - too soon to tell
All the Knights are Yes

Queen of Wands - Yes
Queen of Cups - Yes
Queen of Swords - No
Queen of Coins - No

King of Wands - Yes
King of Cups - Maybe
King of Swords - No
King of Coins - Yes

I always try and frame a yes/no question as clearly, and as positively, as I can.

So for instance, if I'm wondering whether the company I contacted the other day will have a positive response, I will ask these kind of questions:

Will I get what I want from Company X?
Do I need to do anything else in order to obtain it?
(if the answer to that is "yes", I would then draw cards in a spread to see what I should do.)

I avoid questions like: Does the fact I've not heard from Company X mean they are not considering me?

It's not perfect, but it works far more often than not. Yes/ No questions act as clarifiers for me, they never replace full spreads to look at the ins and outs of a situation.

Sever

hey, I really like this!
Thank you fudugazi! :)

WinterRose

That's fantastic, such a clear way of doing it, and it makes complete sense. Thanks for sharing!

Jyscal

Thanks fudugazi, if you dont mind i will take your formula and try and personalise a bit for myself. Im not saying i disagree with what your saying, but would just like to make it my own. Thanks very much for this invaluable info.

Sophie

Jyscal said:
Thanks fudugazi, if you dont mind i will take your formula and try and personalise a bit for myself. Im not saying i disagree with what your saying, but would just like to make it my own. Thanks very much for this invaluable info.
Oh, gosh yes - of course you must personalise it! Make it your own by all means. You know the saying - keep the best, toss the rest :D

Moonsparkle

I tend to steer clear of yes/no stuff, but I like the idea. I particularly enjoyed ...
Death - Yes (Dead Certainty)

Seafra

My gut would be Death as no -- Kill that thought, let that thought die. Would entirely depend on the type of question though. I don't do yes/no but have read for others where I simply use the meaning of the card as the premise for the decision. But hey, like I say I don't do yes/no so Yes I should think about this and No I don't have a finite answer but this looks damned good.

ETA: I get the 8 of pent sometimes when my cards are sick of the subject. It's like they tell me "doesn't matter the angle you've taken, you've asked about this over and over and over ..." so that would be a maybe card with a Bronx Raspberry sound in the backround. Your Nine of Wands is my Eight of Pents.

Marcia959

Haha, I LOVE 9 of S!

janee

I think this is great, gonna give it a try

Sophie

Thanks!

Like I said, I would never replace a full reading with a yes/no question - I find them useful as a clarifier, to kick start a session or to conclude one, to cut to the chase. Sometimes, a good blunt answer is useful :D

LOL about the 8 of Pents, Seafra - I can see how that would fit. "Stop going on and on about this!"