SG--Crystals, Gems: Rose Quartz

the hermit

Since the last crystal and gem thread was catlin’s, discussing a lovely rose quartz wand she found, let us speak a little of Quartz in general…

And Rose Quartz in particular.

General information:
Quartz is a member of the silicates group of minerals, the largest and most common mineral group found here on earth. Quartz is found as well formed pointed crystals and also as veins or masses of coarsely crystallized material such as milky quartz or rose quartz.
Pure Quartz is colorless and most commonly known as Rock Crystal.
Colored Quartz is caused by various mineral impurities within the quartz.

Rose Quartz
The pink color of rose quartz is caused by traces of manganese or titanium mixed within the crystal material as it forms.
Rose quartz is normally only found in veins or masses of coarsely crystallized material. There is currently no known scientific reason for the extreme rarity of pointed crystals of rose quartz.

The soft pink rose quartz is associated with love, tenderness, happiness, fidelity in established relationships, comfort, peace and joy. It is often called the love stone.

Rose quartz is believed to ease emotional imbalances, assist in healing emotional wounds, reduce stress and anxiety, aids in creativity, helps build self-confidence, may enhance awareness of self. It is associated with the fifth or heart chakra and as a comforting and healing stone for both physical and emotional pain. It is also believed to increas fertility.

Wearing or carrying this stone is said to both enhance self-understanding and self-love, as well as bring love into one’s life. It is also thought to be beneficial in bringing comfort when feeling despondent or ill.

The ancients associated Rose Quartz with Taurus and Libra.

starfish66

Ahhh.... one of 'my' stones (I'm a Libra). I love this particular stone. I have a worry stone in rose quartz that I carry around in my pocket and rub when I'm feeling stressed and unloved. I also have a lovely pendant of a heart shaped rose quartz; definitely one of my favorite stones.

:T7C Starfish

the hermit

I have a 2" rose quartz sphere that I sometimes meditate with when I'm feeling very logy. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it don't.

zorya

i have four large chunks, that i sometimes use (when appropriate)to mark off the four directions, when casting a circle.

Strega

One of my favorite stones! :p

I have a rose quartz in the shape of a heart (not a perfect heart shape - looks natural and lovely)... and a bottle full of little bits of rose quartz. :)

starfish66

Strega said:
I have a rose quartz in the shape of a heart (not a perfect heart shape - looks natural and lovely)... and a bottle full of little bits of rose quartz. :)

Yay! Strega! I forgot about my bottle with the little bits of rose quartz that I wear on a black cord around my neck.

I love Rose Quartz!

:TJUDG Starfish

catlin

I have some necklaces and bracelets made of Rose quartz and some Rose quartz chunks in the office next to the computer to absorb the radiation.

I did not buy that lovely wand I saw because I was more inclined to get the calcit sphere.

I call Rose quartz the "Healing Heart Stone" as I also recommend it to ppl in times of trouble in relationship to increase understanding.

the hermit

catlin said:
I have some necklaces and bracelets made of Rose quartz and some Rose quartz chunks in the office next to the computer to absorb the radiation.

I did not buy that lovely wand I saw because I was more inclined to get the calcit sphere.

I call Rose quartz the "Healing Heart Stone" as I also recommend it to ppl in times of trouble in relationship to increase understanding.
I love spheres!
you really should make your own wand anyway... makes it more personal.
you can always use one of your quartz chunks for the tip :)

starfish66

I am intrigued with the thought of making my own wand.... Of course, then I'd have to think about which stones to put on it. Of course, there would be rose quartz....

:TFOOL Starfish

the hermit

Starfish said:
I am intrigued with the thought of making my own wand.... Of course, then I'd have to think about which stones to put on it. Of course, there would be rose quartz....

:TFOOL Starfish
It's really not that difficult. If you can, take a look at wands in a metaphysical store or perhaps a friend's to see how they were made...

A piece of wood that you like...
a little elbow grease and sand paper to make it smooth
or leave it raw if that suits you (but take the bark off, it will most likely fall off eventually anyway)

perhaps some varnish or paint or glitter, maybe some runes carved into it...

Some beads or stones or crystals to adorn it if you wish
Some leather or twine and glue to attach them with

and bibbity, bobbity, boo
you've got yourself a wand :)