four of swords feelings

cherryberry

I looked for it, but couldnt find how one could interpret feelings represented by the 4 of swords.
Is it a feeling of calm, safe? Or indifference, resting with no regard/awareness of the other preson?

PrincessPaulina

Of course, it depends on the situation & spread...
But overall I would interpret the 4 Swords as being withdrawn emotionally, taking an emotional time-out to think about things and sort through emotions.

nisaba

On a personal retreat, looking for calmness and balance.

Elendil

Shutting down or disengaging perhaps.

lisent

I'd also add that it could mean the person feels completely safe - where all their worries or anxieties drift away for that time being.
It's that "eye of the hurricane" feeling, but where that quiet and calm comes for the brief period with those 2 people are together.

PAMUYA

I agree with the eye in the storm, but this person is alone, or needs sometime to think things through.

SunChariot

I looked for it, but couldnt find how one could interpret feelings represented by the 4 of swords.
Is it a feeling of calm, safe? Or indifference, resting with no regard/awareness of the other preson?

It really depends a whole lot on the question. But just in general, my take on it is....Swords are about our thoughts and our way of thinking. 4's for me are about completion...So just offhand I would say that the advice from this card is that the person needs to finish working out things in their mind on the issue. That they still have some thinking they need to do before they can move forward. The feelings this can lead to could be confusion, feeling fear of making the next mood (because they have not adequately prepared themselves with their thoughts). It could be any feeling really that results becasue the person has not spend enough time thinking out the issue. So they need to go back and finish thinking it out.

Babs

crazy raven

I've always seen the 4 of swords as a reflection card. It's like you're distancing yourself from something to discover your true thoughts and perhaps feelings...although swords are more intellectual. This is more a mental review of something and trying to assess all the details before one decides their next move.

Trogon

Yes!

Okay ... sorry, that's just what I first thought as I read your post. :| But along with what you've put here and what others have added, I would say that this could also be about ignoring a problem, hoping it will "just go away". There is also an aspect (to me) of ... oh, I wanted to say "turning your back" on something or someone, but that's not really it. These would be a couple of more "negative" aspects of the "repose/rest" theme. There are feelings of "loneliness", withdrawal from others and so forth here too. Then again, one may be having a chance to take a break from conflict here, a chance to rest before returning to the argument for example.

Also, because of the "thinking" aspects of swords, I've often thought of "writer's block" when I see this card.

Hope this helps.

wildchilde

this is really interesting to see everyone's different thoughts on the 4 of swords as I don't see anything that matches my own view! that's why I love this forum so much!!

for me personally, fours signify a foundational element of personality or situation, and the swords would represent ability (or inability) to communicate effectively. so in respect to feelings, I would say that this person feels confident in their ability to communicate and has/or at least feels a balance within that what they say and their body language and what they do is of one mind and clarity of action/intent.