Hindsight Spread

Sillanza

Here's a new one I concocted (new to me, anyway!) for problem solving using past and present patterns of behavior:

Hindsight Spread

*3**4**6
*1**2

1= You, in the current challenge
2 = How you handled challenges in the past
3 = Next phase of the current challenge
4 = How you handled this type of challenge in the past
5 = Outcome if you continue on the current path
6 = Outcome if you utilize the past method
7 = Comment on the situation/be aware of ...

Inana

Hi Sillanza!

I like this spread, but I think i would like to change something on it... Positions 2 and 4 sound somehow repetitive for me, and it would be helpful a position telling about a possible new approach to the challenge (a third way, not the current or the past one) What do you think?

The layout is kind of strange... has it any special meaning?
Thanks for sharing this one! :)

Sillanza

All good questions, Inana ...

Position 2 is how the querant handled challenges in general in the past, and postion 4 is how the querant handled challenges like the one they're currently facing in the past. A splitting-hairs distinction, I know, but sometimes important.

For me, Card 7 is the opportunity for a new approach to present itself, if one is indeed needed.

As far as the layout goes, I liked being able to read the "story" told by cards 1, 3 and 5, and 3, 4 and 6. Card 7 is placed at the bottom since its influence could be on all or just one of the cards. Since the cards are supposed to be showing an evolution of a situation, it felt right to have them "grow" upward and outward.

When I last used this spread, I did draw extra cards to clarify the messages of Cards 5 and 6 (I typically draw additional cards with most spreads, anyway).

Enjoy!

Inana

Thanks for explaining, Sillanza. Now i can understand the reason for the layout and looks more logical (it seemed chaotic at first glance...)
Im going to try this spread soon.