Fool - Yes or No?

GoddessArtemis

I've been reading the different threads on Yes/No and everyone's different methods. I am aware that many don't agree on asking yes/no questions from tarot...but sometimes, you just want a yes/no answer from the cards (and not from anything else). :)

That being said...I've seen conflicting opinions on The Fool: some say it's a Yes, some say it's a No (I'm in this group).

I'm curious to know how many others see it one way or another...and an explanation of why you interpret it one or another.

Personally, I see The Fool as a No because he's just at the beginning of the journey, he hasn't learned anything yet...so it feels like the answer from The Fool would be a No.

What do you all think?

GA

reader_brad

I lay three lines of three cards for a total of nine.

I look at each line. 2 naturals is a yes. 2 reversed is a no.

then I tally how many lines. Ideally, all three lines will agree on the yes or no.

GoddessArtemis

reader_brad said:
I lay three lines of three cards for a total of nine.

I look at each line. 2 naturals is a yes. 2 reversed is a no.

then I tally how many lines. Ideally, all three lines will agree on the yes or no.
Yes, but what about The Fool specifically? That was the question. :)

GA

reader_brad

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. My fault!

I don't look at the cards themselves.... I just look to see if they are
right-side-up or up-side-down.

Miss Divine

For me it's a no. It's a no for me, because that has been my experience with it when asking a yes/no question and that card showed up as an answer.

PAMUYA

It's the Fool, he will answer yes or no... therefore ask another question.

Miss Divine

Sassyjackal said:
It's the Fool, he will answer yes or no... therefore ask another question.

LOL :D

Good point!

Mellifluous

To me, interpreting yes and no answers depends a bit on the question. For most things, the Fool is a yes for me, but sometimes - because of the zero numbering - it can mean 'nothing' and be a no.

GoddessArtemis

Mellifluous said:
To me, interpreting yes and no answers depends a bit on the question. For most things, the Fool is a yes for me, but sometimes - because of the zero numbering - it can mean 'nothing' and be a no.
Can you explain what makes it a "yes" to you?

GA

willowfox

Fool is a positive sign of growth, so yes.