'The Chariot' when representing a person physically?

Talitha

Hello everyone,

I did a 7-card spread for 'finding True Love' and I think much of it makes sense. For example, the Strength card fell in the position for "emotional" description of the man, which is rather easy to interpret, and the Two of Cups card fell in a position that would indicate an instant attraction, so it would seem I'm on the right track here. ;)

However, the Chariot card fell in the position for "physical" description of the man which has me the most intrigued. I've read that this can be one of the more difficult cards to interpret. Would this possibly indicate a man in uniform, such a military man, police officer, etc.?

I'm using the Gilded Tarot by the way, and I also wondered if it might represent a man with dark/exotic features based on the imagery of that card.

agent199

Using RWS

Someone who physically appears impassive?

lua

macho macho macho man (I think that is how the song went). I would expect him to be quite buff (fit) as we say in South Wales.

I think your right regarding your military take on the card. If the imagery is dark and exotic I would expect him to be dark and exotic.

werewolfmoon

The Chariot - I'd say a runner personally, fit and athletic.

ravynangel

deleted :)

laurence

This fires up the imagination and I love what everyone is saying about the fitness and the figure of authority, it works great. There can also be the possibility of a soft, sensitive side to this physically strong individual, as the Chariot is the harnessing of two influences to head in the same direction. There is also the astrological association of the sun sign Cancer, which could indicate someone that is great with kids, family orientated, and back to the soft on the inside and tough on the exterior. Physically, Cancer people have been stated to have fuller cheeks, they can carry a bit of extra weight, and doe like eyes that are compassionate. I have known a few and they were thin as sticks, so I wouldn't say the weight thing is a general rule, but they have all had very kind eyes and were gentle overall, not heavy handed. Plus, super affectionate, if that relates to physical at all.

So how a tarot card can describe somebody physically, how can a tarot card indicate someone's apearance?
I'm not good at astrological/sign association and I wish, so I think It's important to refer to an "indicator" to demonstrate how a tarot card is able describe physical features.
In my experience , Cancer people were thin as sticks and all very affectionate.
But It' s not how i see the Chariot card.
To me this is what Werewolfmoon is describing, but we are just talking about physical attributes here and of course often, a strong build person is hidding a gentle personnality and kind heart and It's not an antagonism.
This all depends how the reader's first impression are interpreted and physical appearance can just be described in 2 or 3 words because even a court card cannot give the color of the eyes.

Excuse my french again, I hope It makes sense for you.

nisaba

So how a tarot card can describe somebody physically, how can a tarot card indicate someone's apearance?

I don't think they can, really. I think they describe qualities of character and what's going on for a person. Someone's appearance is no more important than their driving licence number: like that number it is merely a way for them to be told apart from lots of other people. It's a label, stuck on them so that when people can look at them they know at once if they recognise them or not.

After all, if someone's at all interested in how a look rather than who I am, I *really* don't want to have anything to do with them!

ravynangel

I'm not good at astrological/sign association and I wish, so I think It's important to refer to an "indicator" to demonstrate how a tarot card is able describe physical features.
In my experience , Cancer people were thin as sticks and all very affectionate.
But It' s not how i see the Chariot card.
To me this is what Werewolfmoon is describing, but we are just talking about physical attributes here and of course often, a strong build person is hidding a gentle personnality and kind heart and It's not an antagonism.
This all depends how the reader's first impression are interpreted and physical appearance can just be described in 2 or 3 words because even a court card cannot give the color of the eyes.

Excuse my french again, I hope It makes sense for you.

deleted :)

Talitha

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I'm inclined to think that in this case the Chariot likely represents someone who physically appears to be strong, forceful, intimidating and/or athletic-looking, especially when pairing it with the Strength card. Perhaps the demeanor of this person would likely be more 'serious' in nature.

By the way, the Two of Cups, the Heirophant, the Star, the Queen of Swords and the Ten of Pentacles also showed up in this reading ~ and the pieces of the puzzle seem to all fit together now. Although I'm still not sure if it means exactly what I think it does, I've logged it in my journal as I'm sure to find out later. :)

laurence

On a personal level, I would not use tarot to describe someone's appearance, but I would definitely use it for characteristics. However, the sun sign Cancer is attributed to the Chariot card, and they are physical traits that are associated with that sun sign, which is why I mentioned them in relation to this question. I was just throwing other possibilities into the mix and did not disagree with what was said above by the others, I agreed, so I am confused as to why I am being corrected?

I didn't try to correct you, I think your post added some good information. It's just that I'm not sure how well a tarot card can describe appearance and physical attributes.