New spread to share

Rhiannon

Came up with this one for a reading I did for someone here on the forum. Don't have a name yet though, any suggestions?

Card 1: General realtionship in the present
Card 2: The impression your partner makes on you
Card 3: The impression you make on your partner
Card 4: How you feel about your partner
Card 5: How you partner feels about you
Card 6: Hidden influences you bring
Card 7: Hidden influences your partner brings
Card 8: Obstacles you face right now
Card 9: Outcome/Advice

Cards 2 and 3 are sort of what you think your parnter is thinking, and what they think you're thinking... you know?

This could also be used when asking a question about a job interview, and any number of other situations where you have to take another's thoughts or feelings into consideration.

Just wanted to share.
R :)

Trogon

Rhianon... great looking layout. As you mentioned, this should be very useful for any number of interpersonal relationships. Thanks for sharing it. :)

As for a name.... hmmm.... the shape kind of reminds me of a cricket bat... ;)

SherryZoned

Well...I think it looks like someone pointing...so it coudl be the Finger point spread..or...YOUR TO BLAME SPREAD...haha

lawguy51

a name, hmmm

Hey Rhiannon, I'm going to give this one a whirl. I love reading for people (and myself) with relationship-type questions. How about....Scorpion Spread. That's what it reminded me of. And you could really get stung by a spread like that. :D

Lawguy51

Rhiannon

The Cricket Bat, Scorpion, Up Yours (thanks, Red ;) ) spread??? LOL })

R :)

Major Tom

I did try this out and found it rather revealing. ;)

How about relationship bridge?

Pollux

Please, people, settle down...

No no no... Rhiannon, listen to me, your beloved Twin Lover... ;)
This spread has got the shape of a small mirror, with the handle and the glass, like those we see in old-fashioned movies, set in past centuries. And the idea of "Mirror" to name a spread always tantalizes me...
Taking into account the fact that this spread deals with relationships, I think something along the lines of "The Mirror of Venus" would be just neat.
Now tell me if I don't come up with the BEST idea ever... :smoker: *LOL*

P.S. I was in need of a relationship spread, and I am too fond of symmetry to make up one that is not invasive of other people's mind and stuff beside the querents - matters of ethics maybe. Despite the fact I tend to invent myself, I just think I WILL use yours, cos it looks good, I needed something like that, and because someone like me did it... :D *LOL* :*

EDITED TO ADD: I forgot to say this, the "mirror of Venus" is the name given to the glyph representing the planet, and mostly importantly, since I am a medicine student, to the feminine SEX. "The shield of Mars" and "the mirror of Venus", these the two names.

Demonesse

Excellent and very romantic-sounding idea, Pollux! I thought of something like "Cupid's Arrow" - or something - it looks rather like an arrow to me.

I will edit this post when I think of a name even funnier than Red's, hehe.

Trogon

Re: Please, people, settle down...

Pollux said:
Taking into account the fact that this spread deals with relationships, I think something along the lines of "The Mirror of Venus" would be just neat.

Pollux! Excellent name... but I think for it to be truly appropriate... one would have to add 2 more cards so it would look right. Perhaps thus;

One could do a shield of Mars one similarly I would think, just put #8, 9, 10 & 11 at an angle off of #3. Anyone have any good ideas on what the meanings of cards #10 & 11 might be?

Anyone want to tell me I'm all wet? ;)

DarkElectric

Ooooh! Sweet spread, Rihannon!
I hope you don't mind if I copy it down in my tarot journal?