how to get the answer using Lenormand

olivia1

If this has been asked before, and there is a thread addressing this specific question, please direct me to it.***

I am still new to reading Lenormand and so I am still trying to figure out how to read the cards.

For the longest time, I have been wondering how exactly the cards should be read to get the most accurate results (based on your personal preference, of course) when using the No layout/Key Card method.

I remember hearing once (not sure where, though) that the cards directly next to the key card are the most important cards and contain the answer. And one shouldn't pull too many cards because the further it is from the key card the less important/related it is to the answer.

But then I read somewhere that the card that falls after a card is very important because it contains additional information.

In my personal experience, I noticed that the answer usually seemed to lie with the final card drawn (the card 2 cards away from Key Card)..but sometimes the card prior to it would have the answer. I also read somewhere that the cards should be read individually not in pairs (so I shouldn't use the card that comes next to "build upon" the prior card).

Sorry if this post is confusing. I suppose it just reflects how confused I am about this whole thing. if my question/what I am trying to ask doesnt make sense, please let me know.

PS. Yes, I know I could ask Sylvie but to be honest she intimidates me. I'm sure she's super nice and all that. So please, no one spin this to make it seem as if I'm some sort of "detractor" with a secret agenda because I am not. I have purchased her book, found the information to be insightful overall, and have even bought extra copies to gift out to friends.

I'm simply someone who has found that some of her responses can be quiet sharp and so I'd rather seek guidance from people who I am sure would give it to me in a gentle way. Besides, I want to hear different people's opinion/experiences (not just one person's in particular).

Ashtaroot

Ok all the above are correct together

First the most importAnt thing is your question, the cards will answer the question. So stay focused on your question while reading the cards.
For me I have no rule on how many is on the sides of the charged card.
Sometime I have 3 on each side sometime 4 sometime 2 it depends.

The cards are read in a form of a sentence usually and the answer is in all of the ones on the right side of the charged card.

Did you read thru this thread the index to the secret to Lenormand http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87808
Read all the way thru and it will help you grasp a lot and it answers a lot of your questions.
Keep it simple, don't read too much into it.
Dont worry you'll get the hang of it:)
Good luck

olivia1

Thank you, halil and ashataroot :)

I have looked at the posts in the study guides just the beginner level ones, though) and I even used to follow Sylvie on Facebook. Its been awhile, though, since I have looked at the threads, though.

I do keep a journal and its been very helpful in helping me detect patterns and come up with personal readings for each of the cards but the fact that the "final answer" card (I do a lot of yes/no questions) seems to jump around has been throwing me off.

I think you are on to something, though, halil, and maybe you do need your intuition to help you determine which card will ultimately answer the yes/no question.

Ashtaroot

Read thru all of them not just the first level... There is lots of info lots
And as Halil said practice practice practice

olivia1

Ashtaroot said:
Read thru all of them not just the first level... There is lots of info lots
And as Halil said practice practice practice

will do. Thank you!

KariRoad

Know your cards. Nothing matters as much as your personal relationship with each and every card; not the spread or card position, not even the question. Knowing your cards is the most direct path to getting an answer.

Close your eyes and go through the deck, card by card, one through thirty-six, and picture each by number, name, image, and playing card association. Do this until it flows, and soon you will move beyond the surface appearances and reach your own sense of how you see each card, and how you understand them to relate to each other.

The Lenormand is a worthy Companion, but it can be challenging. Be direct, memorise, delve, explore, and soon it will be at your fingertips.

olivia1

This is great information, KariRoad!

Thank you.

i have one question in particular..to you or anyone else who knows the answer.

You said:
Close your eyes and go through the deck, card by card, one through thirty-six, and picture each by number, name, image, and playing card association.

do you mean to learn the actual meanings to the playing card associations? If so, how do I learn the deeper meaning into the card associations? Will a book on playing card meanings be fine?

It was suggested that I study the Grand Lenormand to better understand the Little Lenormand and I was all for the idea but unfortunately I cant find any English books on the Grand Lenormand.

Thanks again

rif

olivia1 said:
do you mean to learn the actual meanings to the playing card associations? If so, how do I learn the deeper meaning into the card associations? Will a book on playing card meanings be fine?

No no no, don't learn meanings of the playing cards that may be inset to your cards! *mock horror* :)

He simply means to become attuned to your Lenormand cards; to be able to instantly view a card and trigger its associations, and to know your cards well enough that you can picture them and let them speak directly to (what I call) your deep mind.

In short, become one with your deck.

It was suggested that I study the Grand Lenormand to better understand the Little Lenormand and I was all for the idea but unfortunately I cant find any English books on the Grand Lenormand.
I disagree with this. None of my Lenormand materials have ever recommended this, and my own look at the Grand Jeu itself has done nothing in this regard for me. I think it's an entirely different beast. In my opinion you'd get more out of looking up older books on reading tea leaf, which seems to have inspired the symbols on the Petit Lenormand, as many people have independently discovered.

But, I believe the Lenormand deck stands on its own. Get to know it well, and you can use any method or spread, as suggested above. :)

Ashtaroot

Totally agree with rif:)