Moon in outcome position

Miss Divine

In a relationship reading with the Moon as outcome, I assume It's not a positive one. As the Moon is about hidden truths, illusions, fears etc.

Or is there a positive side too? Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

afrosaxon

The moon can also be linked to fertility (menstrual cycles).

Lunar cycles influence the tides...this could be extrapolated on a tarot level to refer to emotions.

In the Daughter of the Moon tarot, The Moon card is linked to the Yoruban goddess Yemaya, who rules fertility.

"Yemaya is the Yoruban Orisha of the living Ocean, considered the Mother of All. She is the source of all the waters, including the rivers of Western Africa, especially the River Ogun. Her name is a contraction of Yey Omo Eja, which means "Mother Whose Children are the Fish". As all life is thought to have begun in the Sea, all life is held to have begun with Yemaya. She is motherly and strongly protective, and cares deeply for all Her children, comforting them and cleansing them of sorrow. She is said to be able to cure infertility in women, and cowrie shells represent Her wealth. She does not easily lose Her temper, but when angered She can be quite destructive and violent, as the Sea in a storm."

(this is from a website...I don't think we can post websites here).

Just a thought.

T.

berrieh

How I read The Moon (it being a reflective surface and the card usually depicting water or something that can reflect) depends a lot on the cards around it. It can be positive. In love, it could also mean "being swept away" which would feel, but not necessarily be, positive. The Moon can be creative and can reveal secrets. Tied to The Priestess, many believe The Moon reveals her secrets---of course, since they are otherworldly, that's not altogether pleasant. The Moon is not an easy card. It's neither good, nor bad. It has a lot of duality to it, IMO. A very anxious card purely because it contains so much and because everything seems fragmented.

Miss Divine

Yes thank you I know the meaning of the Moon card, BUT in the outcome position who things will work out in a relationship is what I wanted to know.
Am I correct it's not gonna work out well?

Just read your post berrieh.
Hm I think it's a difficult card at times. Especially in this position.

berrieh

I think it's nearly impossible for a single card to answer a question. For me, a reading is a story, and one card would be like a sentence fragment, especially a card as complex as The Moon. So, as an outcome, I'd say it heralds a disturbing time in the relationship. It doesn't speak to endings. So, if the relationship already exists, there's no reason to believe it would be severed. If it's a relationship that doesn't exist, it does, however, speak to delusions, so that'd be bad. To me, The Moon and The Sun are always connected, so it has some of the positive energy of The Sun just weakened and hidden.

What is your personal definition of The Moon? How do you normally read it? And how can you apply it in context? If your feeling, based on the answers to those questions is, "This ends badly" then I say, go with that.

Miss Divine

It was a celtic cross spread and I don't remember all the cards.
Thank you though!

Quote berrieh:What is your personal definition of The Moon? How do you normally read it? And how can you apply it in context? If your feeling, based on the answers to those questions is, "This ends badly" then I say, go with that.

My personal definition varies on the question. But in a relationship I have usually seen it ending badly or desillusioned indeed, or fears and insecurity.

I've seen it before with the 10 of wands, don't remember the other cards but I then read it as it being an overwhelming relationship, full of insecurities and, ending badly. But I don't know if I read that correct. So much to learn...

Sophie

Miss Divine said:
In a relationship reading with the Moon as outcome, I assume It's not a positive one. As the Moon is about hidden truths, illusions, fears etc.

Or is there a positive side too? Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.
Well it can be about romance and beauty. It can be about enchantment. It can be about delusion. It can be about having your periods and feeling out of sorts. It can also be the tarot giving you the finger :rolleyes:.

To quote the old mantra - it all depends on the other cards you had. It could be an idea to note down your readings - cards, date and question, with any significant idea you had about the spread. A single card among 10 taken out of context can mean anything!

Miss Divine

That's my main problem... not the cards but the combinations of them.

Sophie

Miss Divine said:
That's my main problem... not the cards but the combinations of them.
It's everyone's main problem when we start out, don't worry. The Celtic Cross is a huge spread for beginners, and it doesn't really teach you to read in combination. Perhaps you could start with doing a lot (a LOT) of 3-card readings for yourself and others, and especially on non-emotional topics, so you don't have so much invested in the answer. That will really teach you combinations. Don't forget to log your readings in a notebook :)

Knightward

People who use Astrology sometimes link the Moon to Pisces (The moon is linked to the High Priestess).

As such, one could attribute the aspects of Pisces to The Moon. Positive would be artistic, ideal, dream-like, flexible emotionally, etc.

Negative would be escapism, illusions, unrealistic expectations and so forth.